PDA

View Full Version : PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Sampo
10-02-2018, 01:44
I've been making a program to show most of the UDP data just as an excercise and wondered if anyone would like to use it. It's very much a work in progress and showing PC2 data isn't the real purpose of the project, but it was something I could use to get some data to show.

Here you can get an idea of what it looks like, but it's not necessarily from the latest version.

Sampo
11-02-2018, 21:10
Newest version:

UDP is the only way to use it at the moment. I haven't updated the memory mapped side in a long time, so I disabled it for now.

Sampo
16-02-2018, 00:41
I'm still wondering about the tyre layer and tyre tread temps. In the picture above I had just locked my fronts when braking and the tread temp is not changing that much, but the layer temp goes up. Are those two mixed up in the data or is it just me not understanding what they are?

UPDATE: I got my answer from Jussi. All is good now :)

nasika
17-02-2018, 02:55
It's nice software. :-)
Can pc2info get a value of horse power?

ImpiusNex
26-02-2018, 21:41
It already does, first image, left column, the second and third to last items. "Horse Power", and "Horse Power Max"

Nice looking piece of software. Any chance you'll be making a UDP version? ;)

SpinnPaget
26-02-2018, 23:11
It already does, first image, left column, the second and third to last items. "Horse Power", and "Horse Power Max"

Nice looking piece of software. Any chance you'll be making a UDP version? ;)

Second for UDP!

(I know you're just tinkering, but us consolers can hope!)

Sampo
27-02-2018, 17:51
It's not feasible for me to add UDP support very soon, but it's on the todo list for later.

Sampo
19-03-2018, 00:06
I added the ability to save the current car data into a .csv file when toggling lights (on or off). Now that I think about it, I have no idea if it will work with cars without headlights. Anyway, the purpose of that was that you could save some statistics if you feel something is wrong with the simulation. You can then load the contents of the .csv into a spreadsheet and see the values.

Newest version in post #2.

aurelien95
29-03-2018, 14:28
Is is possible to use this software on another computer ?

AbeWoz
29-03-2018, 15:18
Is is possible to use this software on another computer ?

AFAIK that would be a UDP share, which is not implemented at this time.

Sampo
30-03-2018, 00:05
Abe is correct. Also, I got a Real Job(tm) for a bit and might not have time to update any time soon. I think there are better programs around too. :)

aurelien95
30-03-2018, 11:38
Abe is correct. Also, I got a Real Job(tm) for a bit and might not have time to update any time soon. I think there are better programs around too. :)

I think this is the only program that shows the track with all the opponents. That's the feature that interests me the most.
Glad you had a job ;-)

Sampo
24-05-2018, 19:58
I've been overhauling the program and made a library of the reusable functions. Added some udp functionality which may or may not work for you yet (very WIP). See post #2 for the zip. I haven't updated post #1.

Sampo
25-05-2018, 21:57
Could someone with ps4 or xbox test the new version in post #2?

Start the program on your pc with option -u to use udp (just a subset of the data is converted to udp atm). The pc has to be in the same subnet as the console for the udp broadcast to work. Sadly I don't have any console to test myself (well, I have a Wii).

Hammerpgh
19-06-2018, 18:33
Nice work buddy. I'll definitely give this a go with my Xbox to see if any data is transmitted. Fingers crossed it is... but thanks for the excellent work regardless.

Maskmagog
19-06-2018, 20:32
Hi, just saw this about UDP testing. I gave it a go, and I think it works? When I started the app, it said "Waiting for UDP connection". That disappeared when I started Project Cars 2 on my Xbox.
I'm testing this on my very small laptop, 1024x768 resolution, so I can't actually view all of the pc2info window :)

Hammerpgh
19-06-2018, 20:47
Hi, just saw this about UDP testing. I gave it a go, and I think it works? When I started the app, it said "Waiting for UDP connection". That disappeared when I started Project Cars 2 on my Xbox.
I'm testing this on my very small laptop, 1024x768 resolution, so I can't actually view all of the pc2info window :)

Excellent news, i'm getting on shortly to test it on my Xbox too..

Use the height and width parameters (-h -w) to get it to fit your screen resolution... ie pc2info -u -w1024 -h768 and you will be able to see everything fine.

Maskmagog
19-06-2018, 22:41
Use the height and width parameters (-h -w) to get it to fit your screen resolution... ie pc2info -u -w1024 -h768 and you will be able to see everything fine.

Thanks, perfect!
UDP seems to be working :)

Sampo
19-06-2018, 23:20

Sampo
19-06-2018, 23:31
Yay! Don't expect wonders for the rate that I can actually add all the UDP data in (or fix the window sizing bug that you just found). I won't be able to look into it every day. There are also some existing features that might not work any more since I split most of the base from the app into a library that was the real goal for me. I will try now though, since someone has had actual use for it :) I always meant it as a kind of debugging tool for the game.

Hammerpgh
19-06-2018, 23:38
Yep works for me too, brilliant :) So the missing data is available from the UDP stream but it's just not picked up by the tool yet? That's great if that's the case. Whenever you can get round to it is fine. Life has to come first always...
Ok you've had enough time where is it lol

Hammerpgh
19-06-2018, 23:40
Yay! Don't expect wonders for the rate that I can actually add all the UDP data in (or fix the window sizing bug that you just found). I won't be able to look into it every day. There are also some existing features that might not work any more since I split most of the base from the app into a library that was the real goal for me. I will try now though, since someone has had actual use for it :) I always meant it as a kind of debugging tool for the game.

The window sizing is no biggie with those parameters available.

Sampo
19-06-2018, 23:45
So the missing data is available from the UDP stream but it's just not picked up by the tool yet?

Yep.

Sampo
26-06-2018, 00:03
New version with more UDP stuff in post #2.

Hammerpgh
02-07-2018, 22:15
New version with more UDP stuff in post #2.

Just back from vacation so I'll give this a go next time I fire up the console.

Sampo
11-07-2018, 00:11
Another update in post #2, with all the page 1 UDP items done and some of the page 2 ones too.

Changed some of the program options, so check the readme.

Sampo
17-07-2018, 00:46
New update in post #2, with all the UDP items done. I didn't check it thoroughly yet though. UDP might even be a bit ahead of memory mapped data. If no one needs the memory mapped data, I'll start to update only the UDP side.

RotaryTez
23-07-2018, 17:55
Got the same view as above

Hi Sampo your pc2info tool looks interesting ...but still no luck with viewing the page in correct size
on my laptop with new version 0.3.2

in the pc2info file window is set at 1600x900 my resolution is on 1366 x 768 that's max
can't see edges of the screen page

Command line options: -w width set window width -h height set window height
can't figure out how to use or bring up command line options ...can u give me any tips?

Maskmagog
23-07-2018, 18:34
@RotaryTez: I made a simple text file in Notepad, saved it in the same folder as pc2info.exe, and named it "pc2info.bat".

This is the text in that file:

pc2info.exe -u -w1366 -h768

Then double click the .bat-file, and pc2info should start, and fit on your screen.

RotaryTez
23-07-2018, 20:12
Thanks Maskmagog for your quick reply and help .....it worked

Sampo
24-07-2018, 04:51
Completely forgot about that. I'll get it sorted out, so that it will conform to the screen size. Btw, UDP is the default now, so no need for -u.

RotaryTez
24-07-2018, 07:33
Hi Sampo i gave it a proper test run today (chucked a sickie) from work
and really like what your done its simple/clean and no lag what i can see

I luv testing all the vintage cars in the game F1/Le Mans classics etc...
all ways wanted the true temps of classic car tires because of no brake ducts to help
Carcass/Internal air and Rim temps help a lot

The thing i like the most is when u hit the pause button ingame trackmap and temps are frozen
in time for a screen shot .......not like ingame hud

Only thing its missing are best lap and individual lap times info on the trackmap page

Hammerpgh
24-07-2018, 08:20
Wow!! This looks like some major improvements since I last tried it nice work @Sampo i'll be giving this a whirl hopefully tonight, looks fantastic :)

Hammerpgh
24-07-2018, 08:25
I'm interested in the Engine Damage and Engine Laps Left items. There's been some chat about whether engine damage has any effect on the engines life so just wondering how that laps left part is calculated? Does it drop depending on the Engine Damage in your tool?

Sampo
25-07-2018, 09:01
Only thing its missing are best lap and individual lap times info on the trackmap page

I left them for later, because there are already apps that do that kind of thing better. I'll see what I can do.

I'm interested in the Engine Damage and Engine Laps Left items. There's been some chat about whether engine damage has any effect on the engines life so just wondering how that laps left part is calculated? Does it drop depending on the Engine Damage in your tool?

The Engine Laps Left was just something I decided to add on a whim (like the other Laps Left items), but afterwards left them unfinished. They aren't from the game, I calculate them myself and the formula does not work properly ATM. Engine Laps Left is straight from Engine Damag IIRC, can't check right now.

Edit: One thing I was going to add was some kind of configurable marker certain number of seconds behind your car on the map, so you could see the placing at which you would come out, if you pitted. You would have to decide the number of seconds the marker was behind you, because that depends on the track, car, weather, etc...

RotaryTez
25-07-2018, 11:32
I left them for later, because there are already apps that do that kind of thing better. I'll see what I can do.

That's cool you've done a great job so far with your tool........... beggars can't be choosers

Hammerpgh
26-07-2018, 13:15

The Engine Laps Left was just something I decided to add on a whim (like the other Laps Left items), but afterwards left them unfinished. They aren't from the game, I calculate them myself and the formula does not work properly ATM. Engine Laps Left is straight from Engine Damag IIRC, can't check right now.

Edit: One thing I was going to add was some kind of configurable marker certain number of seconds behind your car on the map, so you could see the placing at which you would come out, if you pitted. You would have to decide the number of seconds the marker was behind you, because that depends on the track, car, weather, etc...

Nice one, that would be really useful to see :)

Sampo
03-08-2018, 00:13
New version in post #2. I tried to add the marker I mentioned, but it's not fully functional. I haven't had very much time to think about it. You can set it with the + and - below the map. The marker itself is just a yellow square for now. For some reason I don't get the coords for a few seconds after crossing the start line, but after that the marker should work. This is really an experimental version and you might want to keep the earlier one too (if you really use this, that is :) ). Read the readme.txt.

RotaryTez
03-08-2018, 08:03
i noticed no need for a .bat-file with new version screen size worked first go

your experimental yellow marker idea sounds cool

EDIT: (blind as a bat) just noticed new feature fastest lap ......thanks

Hammerpgh
03-08-2018, 08:37
I've not been able to try this out for a while and am away after today until mid August but will definitely get back to it on my return. Looks like some great improvements have been made. Terrific work :)

Sampo
06-08-2018, 21:31
New version in post #2 with some improvements to lap times. Read the readme.txt.

RotaryTez
09-08-2018, 10:23
Was testing out your pit stop marker at Rouen les essarts with the 49c lotus
and had fun trying to beat it across the finish line

wanted to test how low i could go
I set the marker at 20secs (tight) ... my pit strategy was 6 laps of fuel only at 8.58secs
and about 11secs give or take in pit lane......it was tight had to be fast into the pits

the pit marker will come in handy on long vintage tracks :yes:

NaRP
11-08-2018, 09:07
mapped memory = Pcars2.
Frequency = 9
Udp version = Pcars 2
Reboot
And....Wait for UDP Connection... !? why ?

Sampo
12-08-2018, 08:24
It means the program is waiting for the game to start sending UDP packets. If it doesn't get them, then there's something in your system blocking UDP broadcast from the game. You don't need mapped memory, btw.

F1_Racer68
12-08-2018, 17:15
mapped memory = Pcars2.
Frequency = 9
Udp version = Pcars 2
Reboot
And....Wait for UDP Connection... !? why ?

Are you allowing the app and game through your windows firewall?

NaRP
15-08-2018, 17:01
Are you allowing the app and game through your windows firewall?
hi,
i allowing both program in and out in UDP from any address in Windows firewall. Same with Antivirus firewall. i tested with disabled windows firewall and antivirus firewall. nothing.
i have "pcars2" and "pc2info" in same machine. i don't understand. nothing... still same message...

btw, what is exact number of UDP port used by pc2info ?

JasonSandwich
15-08-2018, 17:32
@NaRP UDP port 5606 is used.

This port is used on PC and on consoles, for both the PC1 and PC2 protocols.

It may be running somehow in a sandboxed mode. Is this Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise? If it's Pro (most likely) or Home, you shouldn't need to make any special firewall rules as long as its running on the same computer. Can you right-click and run this as an administrator? It's possible that you're using your computer as a non-elevated user and that somehow is restricting access to the NIC.

Just a thought. Let us know.

NaRP
15-08-2018, 19:48
i'm in Windows 10 Pro. network stack is well listed in "netstat -an" (UDP 5606). Also, i'm admin. I don't know what's it. i'll check windows services maybe...

JasonSandwich
15-08-2018, 21:11
Would a "netstat -b" list the software itself or, by chance, something else that might be using that port? I can't check it myself because I'm at work.

NaRP
17-08-2018, 18:40
Would a "netstat -b" list the software itself or, by chance, something else that might be using that port? I can't check it myself because I'm at work.

hi, works for me. I changed automatic metric in IPv4 properties to 1 (seems to be an win10 issue).
Also, my system settings in Pcars2 is UDP Frequency 8 and UDP version Project Cars2.
What frequency is better to have quick refresh info ? frequency is 1 to 9.
i tried "Pcars Profiler" and "vrHive" too (works too).

F1_Racer68
17-08-2018, 19:19
hi, works for me. I changed automatic metric in IPv4 properties to 1 (seems to be an win10 issue).
Also, my system settings in Pcars2 is UDP Frequency 8 and UDP version Project Cars2.
What frequency is better to have quick refresh info ? frequency is 1 to 9.
i tried "Pcars Profiler" and "vrHive" too (works too).

Lower number is faster frequency IIRC.

Use with caution. Too frequent could flood your wifi if your AP isn't up to the task, or if the AP has a lot of other devices connected.l to it.

Sampo
17-08-2018, 21:11
Yes, lower is faster frequency. At 9, it's about once per second. The help text says higher is faster (on PC at least), but that's not the case.

JasonSandwich
17-08-2018, 21:45
The help text says higher is faster (on PC at least), but that's not the case.

If anyone asks, it's this way for console as well.

Sampo
18-08-2018, 22:42
New version in post #2. I'm having less and less time available to make changes to it at the moment. The seconds marker should work now. You have to make new trackmaps though, because I had to add something to them and raise the version number. When making maps, you should have the UDP frequency at 1, so you get the most precise map you can.