PDA

View Full Version : Is the Ferrari 488 GT3 Faster or slower since Patch 4.

KrypticTMG
10-02-2018, 13:48
Just fishing for information on which GT3 cars are now looking strong in it class. The patch notes said the 488 would have a small HP re-balance and just wanted to know if it got buffed or nurfed and also has the Bentley been made competitive.

MJP
10-02-2018, 16:30
It got a small buff, what with that and the softs now working (assuming the claims are true) plus the 'altitude fix' (if they've done it the way I think they might have) you might be able to get pretty close to those pre v3 times imo.

Bentley seems to have had a bigger buff, now up to ~506HP @sea level.

Poor old McLaren was untouched (was there ever an explanation why it was nerfed so much for patch 3), it's still the lowest power GT3 car (at sea level) but at least some of the NA cars dropped behind it at altitude but because of the 'fix' in v4 it doesn't even have that now and is the least powerful GT3 car everywhere except certain points ontrack at bathurst/willow/redbullring. Did someone at McLaren piss in Ian Bell's chips or something lol.

rciq
10-02-2018, 19:34
It got a small buff, what with that and the softs now working (assuming the claims are true) plus the 'altitude fix' (if they've done it the way I think they might have) you might be able to get pretty close to those pre v3 times imo.

Bentley seems to have had a bigger buff, now up to ~506HP sea level.

Poor old McLaren was untouched (was there ever an explanation why it was nerfed so much for patch 3), it's still the lowest power GT3 car (at sea level) but at least some of the NA cars dropped behind it at altitude but because of the 'fix' in v4 it doesn't even have that now and is the least powerful GT3 car everywhere except certain points ontrack at bathurst/willow/redbullring. Did someone at McLaren piss in Ian Bell's chips or something lol.

I might be wrong but I think they actually buffed the NA cars. I just tested the R8 LMS at RedBull and it felt quicker than ever. Someone has already set a record in the Endurance variant at 1:28:5xx today. In previous patch the car hardly wanted to go below 1:30.

MJP
10-02-2018, 19:42
Think that'll be more due to altitude fix, don't think the Audi actually got more power it just loses less at altitude now like all the NA cars.

blinkngone
10-02-2018, 19:50
Just fishing for information on which GT3 cars are now looking strong in it class. The patch notes said the 488 would have a small HP re-balance and just wanted to know if it got buffed or nurfed and also has the Bentley been made competitive.
Hi Kryptic, the drag reduction on the Huracan has paid off with several WR's(Laguna Seca for example). Big jump in speed at Daytona, cut over 4 tenths off WR there. The Nissan GTR horsepower bump is good but no records yet(other than Daytona), a couple of 2nd's. Cadillac bump is good. Not seeing the listed 490 hp on the Ferrari and it's still off at Daytona by almost 0.230. Bentley is ok but still down on horsepower compared to others.
Bemtley, oddly in the banking it shows 505.
Nissan

rciq
10-02-2018, 19:51
Think that'll be more due to altitude fix, don't think the Audi actually got more power it just loses less at altitude now like all the NA cars.

Yeah, this is what I meant. I thought you were saying that the altitude fix was buffing the turbos (488 GT3). I now realize you weren't;)

KrypticTMG
10-02-2018, 19:55
I might be wrong but I think they actually buffed the NA cars. I just tested the R8 LMS at RedBull and it felt quicker than ever. Someone has already set a record in the Endurance variant at 1:28:5xx today. In previous patch the car hardly wanted to go below 1:30.

Well if the NA cars have been buffed then that's a bit of good news because i was afraid the Ferrari would be stupid fast once again meaning every online race would consist of a bunch of 488's.

ATSS
10-02-2018, 20:04
The Lambo is pretty fast now. Im like 1s faster at Monza.

KrypticTMG
10-02-2018, 20:11
Hi Kryptic, the drag reduction on the Huracan has paid off with several WR's(Laguna Seca for example). Big jump in speed at Daytona, cut over 4 tenths off WR there. The Nissan GTR horsepower bump is good but no records yet(other than Daytona), a couple of 2nd's. Cadillac bump is good. Not seeing the listed 490 hp on the Ferrari and it's still off at Daytona by almost 0.230. Bentley is ok but still down on horsepower compared to others.
Bemtley, oddly in the banking it shows 505.
Nissan

Cheers for the info dude. I think the goal should be to get at least 5 or 6 GT3's very close in overall pace. Some cars will have advantages at some tracks but if we could get the Ferrari, porsche, Audi, AMG, Lambo & Bentley close like within 3tenths i would be pretty happy.

blinkngone
10-02-2018, 20:13

Different platform than yours but on PC there are already 25 cars under 1:30 at RBR and the WR is 1:28.541(1:28.404 for the LM) from December.

Renoldo1990
10-02-2018, 21:12

Hey,

This time is from our Time-Trial-Challence at our German Project Cars 2-Forum which is currently running.

The Challenge runs from 28.01.2018 till 11.02.2018 with the Audi R8 LMS @ Red Bull Ring GP.
For that reason we have times for this exact Car/Track combination from before and after the Patch with the Audi.

Our best time was done by 'Oege' last week with a 1.29,2Xx which was quite close to the optimum as we thought. I, myself was able to put in times from 1.29,2 - 1.29,4 if i got all sectors together..

After the Patch the Audi is massively faster, which is because it has nearly 40PS more throughout the whole lap (Alltitude-Fix).
The 1.28,5 which is the current Audi-Record (also done by 'Oege') was put in with one of the first laps. It doesn't seem to be a big thing to get the Audi even in to the 1.27's now.
So on this quite short track it's approx 1.5 seconds faster with Patch 4.0 in comparison to Patch 3.0.

I hope the cars which doesn't got a Altitude-Fix/Buff can still compete now.

Stewy32
10-02-2018, 21:53
I his patch is going to annoy me so much.I had almost decid d on my AOR S9 Car but now I have to go through them all again.

KrypticTMG
10-02-2018, 22:25
I his patch is going to annoy me so much.I had almost decid d on my AOR S9 Car but now I have to go through them all again.

Lol same here.

Renoldo1990
10-02-2018, 22:54
https://abload.de/img/gt3test2nsve.png

(Picture from here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57027-Suspected-Bug-Altitude-impact-on-Horsepower&p=1424033&viewfull=1#post1424033)

If you look at this graphic the biggest Altitude-Improved cars should be Mercedes (+29HP), Aston Martin (+26HP), Ginetta (+24HP), Lamborghini (+23HP), Audi (+23HP) and Porsche (+21HP).

Some of these cars were amazingly fast even before the Patch. Especially the Porsche, the Ginetta and the Audi..

If i had to choose i'd go for Audi , Ferrari or Ginetta atm.

blinkngone
10-02-2018, 23:13
Only 1 person so far has tried the Huracan since the Patch 4.0 at RBR but the result is a 1:28.935 a 1.0005 second improvement over the Patch 3.0 WR.

Pigmachine
11-02-2018, 01:39
I Just tried the (horror of a car) 488 on Brands Hatch GP. No real setup, more or less random setup. It took a few laps to dial in the steering so it made some sense. No assists used, and rattled in on a 1:24 flat.
Even as it felt like an underpowered lead-barge, that always were one gear to low, it's half a second faster then I can manage with my beloved Nissan GT3 on BHGP.

It's one of the few cars I always genuinely disliked both in-game and seeing on the track. So a first ride in the 'no fun at all '-Car came out on 0:002 slower then the best Nissan GT3 time (currently) on the boards.

I used to be able to beat the Nissan times with a second, when I were loudly whining about the 488. So not sure how to interpret my first lap where I managed to get around BHGP with the 488.

But as I play in VR, I also dislike the view from the cockpit, as the entire left side is obscured by one of the 'window bars' (Only really annoying in turn 4 on Brands)
It's a hate-hate car for me, but obviously still faster then quite a few others in the GT3 class, without much effort.
And no tendency to spin out at lower speeds without assists.

At higher speeds I would've been called it a bit scary/twitchy, on just a slight too much throttle while cornering fast, (if I cared about the car, or planned to make it survive more then one lap.) But getting used to the steering would be a higher prio for me if I ever would try the car again.
I guess the 488 'regulars' will not be too sad with it's current state.

I haven't played for ~5 months now, Just got back to the game, so no idea how any car felt last patch, but the 488 felt heavier then I remembered.
On the other hand I haven't driven the 488 since release even once I think, only during testing.

Shogun613
11-02-2018, 09:55
I can't wait for this patch to hit PS4 so I can continue my mission of obsession over getting down to at least a 1:24 at Brands in the Huracan GT3. The real life time is a 1:22 by Mirko Bortolotti. Currently, I've hit a barrier at 1:25.9...

blinkngone
11-02-2018, 10:34
I can't wait for this patch to hit PS4 so I can continue my mission of obsession over getting down to at least a 1:24 at Brands in the Huracan GT3. The real life time is a 1:22 by Mirko Bortolotti. Currently, I've hit a barrier at 1:25.9...
The Patch 3.0 PC WR for the Huracan is 1:23.162 so with the improvements to the car with Patch 4.0 you should reach your goal.

rciq
11-02-2018, 13:13
Only 1 person so far has tried the Huracan since the Patch 4.0 at RBR but the result is a 1:28.935 a 1.0005 second improvement over the Patch 3.0 WR.

Yeah I think it's mine, but I hardly ever drove the lambo before patch and therefore probably can't set it up properly. Somebody more competent might be able to go into 1:27s.

KrypticTMG
11-02-2018, 17:12
Yeah I think it's mine, but I hardly ever drove the lambo before patch and therefore probably can't set it up properly. Somebody more competent might be able to go into 1:27s.

Well im glad that they have improved the lambo it defo needed some love. I'm really waiting to see what the Bentley is able to do.

blinkngone
11-02-2018, 17:21
Yes it is yours. Yeah someone more experienced could improve but so can you. Anyway congratulations for being the first to push it there. Great run with the R8 LMS as well. Proof of concept for the altitude adjustments SMS made.

Doug914
12-02-2018, 14:58

This statement is correct. And Red Bull is a very high altitude track so most noticable on the N/A cars.

KrypticTMG
12-02-2018, 15:33
Im still waiting to see if the Bentley is competitive, i'd also like to see if the AMG has improved alot.

sylekta
12-02-2018, 18:35
anecdotal evidence but suddenly my friends in R8s are over 1s faster than me on fuji (im in the 488) we were fairly evenly matched in patch3 and now suddenly i cant even compete
did the r8 even need the altitude fix?

Renoldo1990
12-02-2018, 19:54
Fuji is one of the highest tracks ingame.
The Turbo-Engine-Cars should outpace the Non-Turbo-Cars there imho.

I think Turbo and Non-Turbo-Cars a now quite even at high altitude. But Turbo-Engine-Cars can't compete at low altitude anymore because there the Non-Turbo-Engines become too powerful.

Mr Schumacher
13-02-2018, 07:35
Aston Martin GTE CAN NOT COMPETE.. hopefully it gets a BOP.. Besides that GTE is pretty competitive

KrypticTMG
13-02-2018, 10:04
anecdotal evidence but suddenly my friends in R8s are over 1s faster than me on fuji (im in the 488) we were fairly evenly matched in patch3 and now suddenly i cant even compete
did the r8 even need the altitude fix?

Dude if your friend was matching you before the patch in a Audi when you was in a Ferrari at Fuji it just means he was always quicker the altitude masked the speed difference between you now the cars are more even he will probably be 8 or 9 tenths quicker. The R8 defo needed the fix it was like 1.5 seconds slower at SPA and dont even mention bathurst it was well slower.

PulpDogg
13-02-2018, 11:23
This statement is correct. And Red Bull is a very high altitude track so most noticable on the N/A cars.

N/A cars? What's that abbreviation mean?

Daynja
13-02-2018, 11:28
N/A cars? What's that abbreviation mean?

Naturally Aspirated

"A naturally aspirated engine is an internal combustion engine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_combustion_engine) in which oxygen intake depends solely on atmospheric pressure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure) and which does not rely on forced induction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_induction) through a turbocharger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger) or a supercharger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger).[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturally_aspirated_engine#cite_note-1) Many sports cars specifically use naturally aspirated engines to avoid turbo lag (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_lag)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturally_aspirated_engine

PulpDogg
13-02-2018, 14:09
Thanks. Initially I thought North American - but Naturally Aspirated makes more sense.

tipostrano
13-02-2018, 14:25
Dunno about Ferrari, but yesterday made a new record at Imola ( was mine, when ferrari was a missile, pre-patch era ) and at Sugo too..
Seems to be more..stable in corner exits..or maybe a little more powerful.

Stewy32
13-02-2018, 20:24
Dunno about Ferrari, but yesterday made a new record at Imola ( was mine, when ferrari was a missile, pre-patch era ) and at Sugo too..
Seems to be more..stable in corner exits..or maybe a little more powerful.

Someone doing the AOR TT I suppose

sylekta
14-02-2018, 04:03
Dude if your friend was matching you before the patch in a Audi when you was in a Ferrari at Fuji it just means he was always quicker the altitude masked the speed difference between you now the cars are more even he will probably be 8 or 9 tenths quicker. The R8 defo needed the fix it was like 1.5 seconds slower at SPA and dont even mention bathurst it was well slower.

I have no doubt this is the case, it just sucks they are spanking me :)
I am actually using the setup from your video but can only manage a high 38, my mates are now running low 38s grr