PDA

View Full Version : Impact warning received for this

simRACER5
10-02-2018, 13:50
Hi

I'm trying to build my multiplayer rating and found quick race that I joined, quickly after started looks like one player wasn't playing fair but question is why did I get Impact warning after collision with 2 sec penalty? trying to learn this game to play fair and square but I just don't understand this, anyone can explain?

https://youtu.be/IFL6y_IUx5k

AbeWoz
10-02-2018, 14:12
contact warnings are given to both drivers if there is contact, it doesn't mean you are at fault.
the penalty was for 'cutting' the corner, even tho you did not do it intentionally (As you were run off track). The game detected you gained an advantage.

This is where the downfalls of the penalty system are shown. IMO you should get a handful of 'mistakes' before it starts adding time penalties, but then there are drivers out there who would intentionally cut corners as long as they did not go over the allotted amount of 'mistakes'. Unfortunately, the driver in the other BMW put you in a lose-lose situation.

MaximusN
10-02-2018, 14:17
but then there are drivers out there who would intentionally cut corners as long as they did not go over the allotted amount of 'mistakes'. Unfortunately, the driver in the other BMW put you in a lose-lose situation.
That would not be a problem, because "It's the same for everyone" also applies here. And if you 'withdraw all your penalty allowance' you will get punished if you get a penalty after that.

But.... Seeing the system is more balanced now I don't think it's needed(needs further testing from myself though).

cpcdem
10-02-2018, 14:55
What seems a bit worrying though, is that the classification shown in top left seems frozen? Car positions do not update and only zeros shown for deltas etc? I haven't watched a reply after patch 4 to see it for myself yet, I hope this is not a bug in the latest build.

simRACER5
10-02-2018, 15:12
What seems a bit worrying though, is that the classification shown in top left seems frozen? Car positions do not update and only zeros shown for deltas etc? I haven't watched a reply after patch 4 to see it for myself yet, I hope this is not a bug in the latest build.

I notice that is well, was thinking I did something wrong.

simRACER5
10-02-2018, 15:16
contact warnings are given to both drivers if there is contact, it doesn't mean you are at fault.
the penalty was for 'cutting' the corner, even tho you did not do it intentionally (As you were run off track). The game detected you gained an advantage.

This is where the downfalls of the penalty system are shown. IMO you should get a handful of 'mistakes' before it starts adding time penalties, but then there are drivers out there who would intentionally cut corners as long as they did not go over the allotted amount of 'mistakes'. Unfortunately, the driver in the other BMW put you in a lose-lose situation.

Thanks for explaining, still belive that this should be sorted some how, why does a driver gets penalty when wasn't at fault.

One more question in real life racing does the same system works or a driver is investigated first before penalty is given?

AbeWoz
10-02-2018, 15:55
Thanks for explaining, still belive that this should be sorted some how, why does a driver gets penalty when wasn't at fault.

One more question in real life racing does the same system works or a driver is investigated first before penalty is given?

The game system cannot determine who is 'at fault' It simply registers contacts in real time...same with going off-track.

In real life, RaceControl/Stewards have multiple camera angles, replay, audio/radio comms and a lot more time to determine what happened and who is deemed to be at fault. In terms of track limits, warnings are generally given before penalties are handed out...however, real-life doesn't have drivers cutting entire chicanes on purpose, or not braking at all for corners to gain advantages.

simRACER5
10-02-2018, 15:57
The game system cannot determine who is 'at fault' It simply registers contacts in real time...same with going off-track.

In real life, RaceControl/Stewards have multiple camera angles, replay, audio/radio comms and a lot more time to determine what happened and who is deemed to be at fault. In terms of track limits, warnings are generally given before penalties are handed out...however, real-life doesn't have drivers cutting entire chicanes on purpose, or not braking at all for corners to gain advantages.

Thanks once again

MaximusN
10-02-2018, 16:02

The game can in a few instances. If someone is driving a normal straight line and someone else is coming from the grass and speeding from left to right in a 15 degree angle or more(like in the video) with the track it's pretty easy to appoint blame. Same for someone who is 30km/h over the speed in the braking zone. In those cases what the other cars is doing is not that important.

Only problem is that you will never get all possible violations in code so people will complain that they are innocent in some fluke case(and I mean being rammed and the blame is still 50/50). If we all agree not to do that some specific clearcut cases can be coded and perpetrators can be appointed full blame where possible.