PDA

View Full Version : Real Time Weather = Snow no matter what season or date

Tar Heel
10-02-2018, 22:31
I've been running into an issue where if I have real time weather selected for a quick race it is always snowing, no matter what season I choose, or date. It is always just snowing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

morpwr
10-02-2018, 23:33
I've been running into an issue where if I have real time weather selected for a quick race it is always snowing, no matter what season I choose, or date. It is always just snowing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Real weather is exactly that the weather for that day right now. So you don't get to pick anything. Its winter now.:)

Tar Heel
11-02-2018, 01:45
Real weather is exactly that the weather for that day right now. So you don't get to pick anything. Its winter now.:)

That isn't how it worked for me pre patch 4. Real weather would be based on the weather in the area I was racing and the season I chose. It isn't snowing everywhere in the world right now so I am not sure why snow is falling at every track I choose.

morpwr
11-02-2018, 01:51
That isn't how it worked for me pre patch 4. Real weather would be based on the weather in the area I was racing and the season I chose. It isn't snowing everywhere in the world right now so I am not sure why snow is falling at every track I choose.

It wasn't working right in patch 3. Most of the time it had no effect. It should from what I understand actually use a weather site so what it is right now is what you get that's why its called real weather. Check the tracks that say it snowing to see if it actually is. Maybe you found a bug?

Tar Heel
11-02-2018, 04:05
It wasn't working right in patch 3. Most of the time it had no effect. It should from what I understand actually use a weather site so what it is right now is what you get that's why its called real weather. Check the tracks that say it snowing to see if it actually is. Maybe you found a bug?

I think it is working as intended then. Looks like snow was in the forecast for Watkins Glenn. I didn't realize it only looked at the current weather regardless of season. Seems to be working as intended. Nothing to see here.

Martin03
11-02-2018, 10:04

I am no weather meteorologist but... im pretty sure it's not snowing att Dubai now...

SaxonRaider
11-02-2018, 13:42
What is the point of setting a date if 'real weather' just overrides it with todays weather? I always thought there was a database lookup to see what the real weather was on the date you selected for that location.

morpwr
11-02-2018, 14:02
What is the point of setting a date if 'real weather' just overrides it with todays weather? I always thought there was a database lookup to see what the real weather was on the date you selected for that location.

Well real weather would be todays weather. Don't know about looking up past weather but if the site they use to look it up has it maybe?

morpwr
11-02-2018, 14:03
I am no weather meteorologist but... im pretty sure it's not snowing att Dubai now...

You never know with global warming and all.:p I never said it was perfect just that's how it was supposed to work.lol