PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect display of the delta time

Flens07
11-02-2018, 10:32
During online races, the delta time in the third sector is displayed in red and a fantasy value is given. This does not happen when I am a host myself

And since patch 4.0 there is sometimes no switchable time during the leaderboard challenge (last round or fastest lap), although at least one timed lap has already been driven
(Ford GTE VLN @Brno for example)

MaXyM
11-02-2018, 10:39
In addition to this in online races delta is mostly not updating in real time, but after each sector instead. I marked 'mostly' word intentionally, because it happened to me once or twice that the delta was updating real-time

Atak Kat
11-02-2018, 10:50
Found the same on PS4Pro. Since the beginning, all patches (we don't have 4 yet). I think I made a post about it long ago but there wasn't any helpful answers.
Usually the delta time just freezes. You do get the +/- but only at the sectors.
Yes I find it gives a stupid number in sector 3. Usually like +35 seconds or something like that.
I only experience it online. Career or offline race seems to work fine.
I've turned off mirrors, set the priority to frame rate, and reduced the graphics stuff thinking that thad something to do with the overall processing power of the PS4/Pro. Doesn't make any difference

I have found that if you do a database rebuild on PS4, it will work. Correctly for about 2 or 3 races. Then it goes back to not working.

Gromran
08-03-2018, 12:51
In addition to this in online races delta is mostly not updating in real time, but after each sector instead. I marked 'mostly' word intentionally, because it happened to me once or twice that the delta was updating real-timeThis Bug occures since release (v1).

ironik
08-03-2018, 13:08
I also have another bug related to this delta-time :
The value showing in the widget is always different than what my delta really is.

For example, if the widget is set to "Fastest lap", the delta showing in the "Best lap delta" is always different.

S1:

S2:

S3:

I have this problem in every sessions.
Any idea what it could be ?

cpcdem
08-03-2018, 14:41
I also have another bug related to this delta-time :
The value showing in the widget is always different than what my delta really is.

For example, if the widget is set to "Fastest lap", the delta showing in the "Best lap delta" is always different.

Yes, the delta shown in the "live" delta widget is always around 0.040 second "faster" than the real time. It's been like that and I am so used to it that I've come to consider it as a feature, not a bug :)

cpcdem
08-03-2018, 14:42
And since patch 4.0 there is sometimes no switchable time during the leaderboard challenge (last round or fastest lap), although at least one timed lap has already been driven

I think you mean this bug: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60904-Delta-widget-disappearing-in-time-trial

cpcdem
09-05-2018, 16:51
During online races, the delta time in the third sector is displayed in red and a fantasy value is given. This does not happen when I am a host myself

From what I see, this issue is fixed in patch 5. Do you still get that?

Could this be due to this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60904-Delta-widget-disappearing-in-time-trial ?