PDA

View Full Version : Replay and VR and DoF

JAJP999
11-02-2018, 10:37
Great we have static cams at the trackside in various places but can you remove the DoF from those so we can actually see whats happening

thanks

Asturbo
11-02-2018, 11:41
Have you any capture to help devs?

Mike1304
11-02-2018, 12:47
Same problem. Most of the time I only see a pixelated blurry mess on TV cam in VR.
Also moving cameras should be removed because of nausea in VR (motion sickness).
VR needs only static cams, remove the blurry DOF filter, and camera should already be nearer to the action (because VR headsets don’t have high resolution you won’t see the car details when they are only small pixel dots because the camera is far far away).

BrainsBush
11-02-2018, 14:59
I actually like the moving camera's in VR. (try e.g. Bannochbrae. It is great to fly above the lake and see the birds :) ) And hopefully the next patch less distant blur --> Now it is clear around your car or the car you select in replay. And on some tracks I noticed the floating camera (still) faces the wrong direction.

(For me) this is absolutely not a showstopper. Just a nice to have improvement for a future patch. And with the recent 4.0 patch we can already enjoy a lot of other improvements.

Gregz0r
11-02-2018, 22:53
It would be good if the DoF could be eliminated(or at least an option to disable it) completely from the Trackside cameras, both in VR and in non-VR, as real TV trackside cameras don't display this(for the most part).
If it's a performance-saving thing, then I guess the consoles need it, but the PC should have an option, imo.

Javaniceday
26-03-2018, 17:47
Great we have static cams at the trackside in various places but can you remove the DoF from those so we can actually see whats happening

thanks

Various places? How do we switch to a different trackside spot? I only ever get the main one on the front straight. Do I need to hit a key to go to a differnt spot on the track?

crowhop
26-03-2018, 18:01
My only gripe with the replay in VR is you can't just sit there and watch the broadcast views. You see all these great replays on youtube, but folks in VR can't enjoy those at all.

Various places? How do we switch to a different trackside spot? I only ever get the main one on the front straight. Do I need to hit a key to go to a differnt spot on the track?
You map buttons to change to the next/previous camera views.

MaXyM
26-03-2018, 18:02
Plus and minus keys on a NumPad.
While I was initially not content with need of changing track-side cameras manually, recently I had accidental opportunity to watch replay from our league Long Beach race and I changed my mind.
What is great is, the camera doesn't follow single car. You can stick with single camera to watch whole grid, listening to this roar and then change to next one. Really breathtaking experience.

Olijke Poffer
26-03-2018, 18:21
2nd that. I like to watch replays in VR on the trackside cams.

Javaniceday
26-03-2018, 19:51
Plus and minus keys on a NumPad.

I was hitting the plus button but it didn't do anything. Someone said I needed to map it. Do I need to map it first?

PostBox981
26-03-2018, 20:17
AFAIK it works out of the box, canīt remember mapping these buttons.

The trackside cams are a special experience, thatīs for sure. Itīs just that sometimes I am in trouble to find my own car. So as we have the TV style replay included as well it would be nice if - as the OP said - we could watch these without the "blurry mess". Doesnīt make much sense otherwise.

BigDad
26-03-2018, 21:53
I was hitting the plus button but it didn't do anything. Someone said I needed to map it. Do I need to map it first?

I didn't map anything and definitely the "numpad" +&- keys jump camera locations and are blurr free.

Olijke Poffer
27-03-2018, 02:28
Should work by default.

Mike1304
06-07-2018, 16:38
Just raced with Honda Prototype at Willow Springs and watched replay in VR; used Num+ and Num- and was shocked when I got blurry picture! I thought it would be clear picture when using these keys?!

EV3RY
06-07-2018, 16:41
Replays in VR are awuf, always restart game and watch em on my monitor.

TorTorden
06-07-2018, 18:35
I don't think the DOF effect work in VR.

TekNeil
12-08-2018, 02:53
Would like to add to this. When I watch people stream the game, they can use 'Monitor' when in the pits and get some great views with the trackside option.

In VR though, it's unusable. :-( Having to switch the camera via keyboard is a bit of hassle. But the main issue is that I can never see anything nice, if I do manage to see a car, it's a blurry mess big style.

Hope we can have what none VR users have instead?

MarleyMoo
12-08-2018, 06:54
Please a) fix the horrendous depth of field in replays, b) make it optional. Watching replays in VR is bloody mess.

Skylar_Schutz
04-12-2018, 10:45
Replays in VR are awuf, always restart game and watch em on my monitor.

When you do this so you disconnect your VR headset?

Mad Al
04-12-2018, 11:27
When you do this so you disconnect your VR headset?

Just start the game from steam and start it in non VR mode...