PDA

View Full Version : 5 Second Penalty for someone driving into the back of you.

Richie Padalino
11-02-2018, 12:00
During rolling starts when I've been racing online this weekend, pretty much every time someone drives into the back of me, and I get a 5 second penalty.
I'm not brake testing them, or anything. And especially when you're on pole, so have to keep within the speed limit, there's no way to really accelerate away and avoid it.

Is there no way to ascertain who is clearly at fault in this situation?

If not, then I understand, and I'll just have to suck it up. But I was just wondering, as it's a bit frustrating to keep putting on pole, then immediately get a 5 second penalty.

Mahjik
11-02-2018, 13:37

SMS is looking into seeing if there is a reliable way to detect this and handle it better. It's not something coming in the 1.4 patch, but possible later if they can determine a way that can't be cheated.

BrunoB
11-02-2018, 13:59
No other racing sims have solved (or even tried to solve) this problem.
I agree fully that this is extremely frustrating but my guess is that it will be almost impossible to "solve" without opening up for A LOT of possibilities to exploit this.

EDIT: I was not fully correct. IceRacing have tried to solve it by human stewarding where you initiate this by reporting/protesting the event after a race. But this sidestepping/"solution" really does tell that an automatic algoritm solution is not realistic.

portisroads
11-02-2018, 21:27
I also feel like if you get booted from a race, there should be a way to ask why the admin thought you should be booted? It's really frustrating when you make one mistake, and then get booted, especially when it's practice and you are learning a new track 1st lap out, and then get kicked because you are going slow, or slightly over shoot a turn/miss the line?

Mahjik
11-02-2018, 21:36
You can, using Steam chat. However, I wouldn't expect to get a response. In short, make some mental notes about who is hosting the sessions. If you have an admin who is booting people for no reason, don't join their servers again.

Miker
11-02-2018, 21:47
I also feel like if you get booted from a race, there should be a way to ask why the admin thought you should be booted? It's really frustrating when you make one mistake, and then get booted, especially when it's practice and you are learning a new track 1st lap out, and then get kicked because you are going slow, or slightly over shoot a turn/miss the line?

Online multiplayer is not the best place to learn a new track....