PDA

View Full Version : Migrated to new PC, hours played reset

Tobarus
11-02-2018, 13:13
Hi there,

As the title suggests, I migrated to a new PC but now my total hours etc are reset.

Wondering, if I'm gold level for experience, do I have to re-accumulate play time towards the highest badge (ie - bronze, silver, gold etc), or is it based off of what SMS has? (ie - stored remotely, not locally)

Anyone know for sure?

bloozmahn
12-02-2018, 20:46
do you have access to the old PC? you can turn off cloud sync and use your backup folder

FxUK
12-02-2018, 21:18
Hi there,

As the title suggests, I migrated to a new PC but now my total hours etc are reset.

Wondering, if I'm gold level for experience, do I have to re-accumulate play time towards the highest badge (ie - bronze, silver, gold etc), or is it based off of what SMS has? (ie - stored remotely, not locally)

Anyone know for sure?

The colour ribbon is almost certainly dependant on what SMS store
I accidentally reset my stats not that long ago, in my profile I have S1524, rainbow coloured ribbon and only 6h played online... trust me, its a LOT more than that (500 more) :rolleyes:

I need to go to a few Project Cars Anonymous group sessions, I think.. <-- The first step, admitting the problem.

Edit: This is from when I reset it, initially.

https://i.imgur.com/vuOROVz.jpg

Tobarus
17-02-2018, 09:27
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

I do have access to my old PC (well actually it's just a backup from the old build, I migrated to the new Evo Pro m.2 from a raid 0 ssd array, and new rampage vi motherboard and i9 cpu).

I did manage to move all my custom setups over, but have no idea where the play time data is stored (or even what it's called).

I agree that the ranking is stored by SMS remotely, but the question is, is just the "snapshot" of the current ranking stored, and it references you local date to see how many hours played, or is it all stored remotely by SMS. For example, I can see I'm 46% of the way to S class from A, and skill is still at 1604, but I have no idea how far I am along with the overall experience (ie - gold to next level).

:confused:

FxUK
17-02-2018, 13:33
I have no idea on that one i'm afraid. I would presume a total no. of online races is stored with SMS though, otherwise mine would have reset back to blue and it hasn't.

I haven't really paid too much attention to it since it was bugged and displayed random colors, like the flags would, especially on host migration or even people leaving / joining, they seemed to keep the previous person's flag / licence color.

Whilst it should have been a good indicator, ie

U1500 + Gold: Clearly unsafe driver that tries to win at any cost, hence retaining 1500.
U1500 + Blue: Fairly new to the game

It was untrustworthy. Even the skill is exploitable.
The only part of the licence that holds any integrity, in my eyes, is the Safety Ranking.

Nago
27-09-2018, 18:26
I experienced the same thing. I tried out GeForce NOW, a streaming service, I had to install the games I want to play to a remote PC. Of course I tried out CARS2 first. Then I started the game normally locally, and all my stats are gone. Thank god, I have my replays and photos and single player carrier progress. But my competitive racing license is gone:( It's good to know, if I will move to a stronger PC, I have to make backups. Otherwise It is very suprising that my online license is not in the cloud somewhere, but it is stored locally.