PDA

View Full Version : Does Live Track 3.0 work as it should Online?

crowhop
12-02-2018, 02:40
The league I am in had a 90 minute race yesterday at Fuji. We had 3 Weather Slots, Rain to Light Rain to Rain. A few of us reported not seeing a drying line or racing groove at all. None of us reported seeing much of one. Considering there were 20 of us on track, there should have been some kind of groove created by the car ahead, you'd think.

So, to test this I created an Offline room versus the AI using Light Rain at Fuji as the test bed. 19 AI opponents and myself. The racing groove was clear and distinct the first lap and was seemingly dynamic throughout the race. When there was no traffic, the line would go away. When traffic passed through, the line would reappear. Every time I passed it, the line was clearly evident. I started in the back of the multiclass race (GT3/LMP2) to verify, along with watching the replay.

Then I created an Online room versus the AI using identical settings and did the exact same thing. 19 AI opponents and myself. As with the Offline race, the racing groove was clear and distinct the first lap. But with each successive lap the groove disappeared. By the end of the race there was no groove or line at all, regardless of traffic. It was though I was racing on a green track from around lap 6 or so.

Is this a known issue?

Mahjik
12-02-2018, 02:51
Is this a known issue?

Yes

Flens07
12-02-2018, 08:38
Yes

Since? Will that issue be fixed?

F1_Racer68
12-02-2018, 15:12
To add to what @crowhop posted, the race ran 90 minutes, using 3 weather slots (Rain --> Light Rain --> Rain). We should have seen a dry line form during the Light Rain phase for sure.

This also had the negative side effect of not allowing anyone to generate any heat in the rain tires. This would be expected, since the track was VERY wet at all times, so the water was having the expected cooling effect. But at the same time, this is an issue since the track should not have been so wet to begin with, which should have allowed us to generate heat in the tires.

The combination of the above mentioned LIveTrack issue together with the tire model adjustments made for a very frustrating race for many of our league members.

Also, the session was hosted P2P since our Dedicated Server was inaccessible post patch (Linux based server, issue is discussed in another thread). We are hoping to get a Windows based DS working so we can test the similar scenario on the DS to see if it is P2P specific or across the board for online.

Mahjik
12-02-2018, 15:14
Since?

Since the many posts that have been posted about it over the past several weeks.

Will that issue be fixed?

I'm not SMS, so I don't know. I'm sure they are looking into it, but I don't have roadmaps of what/when things will be addressed.

jimortality
12-02-2018, 15:44
Would you see a drying line on a saturated race track?

F1_Racer68
12-02-2018, 16:24

As rain level reduces from Rain to Light rain, and 20 vacuum cleaners pass over that track, yes you would. Watch any IMSA or WEC race in the rain and you will see it happen. And test it yourself. It works perfectly in Offline mode, against AI, as stated by @crowhop. It's only an issue of it not happening properly in Online races.

Mahjik
12-02-2018, 16:29

Here's the test scenario I had used in the past:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52825-Live-track-3-0-Wet-to-dry&p=1418942&viewfull=1#post1418942

jimortality
12-02-2018, 16:43
Here's the test scenario I had used in the past:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52825-Live-track-3-0-Wet-to-dry&p=1418942&viewfull=1#post1418942

It's alright I was having a brain fart lol I was thinking the other way round from dry to wet Doh!!