PDA

View Full Version : Skip to next session vs. wait for next session

yannara
14-02-2018, 06:37
When thinking about AI time stamps / best lap times and qualifying, does it matter if I wait until session is complete or skip till the end - will I see same results? Yesterday, after patch #4, I first time witness, that AI placed new time record when there was only little time left of a session. Before that, I always witnessed (might be wrong ofcourse) that AI placed best time only during first 5-10mins and after that situation never changed.

Mahjik
14-02-2018, 14:00
If you skip, it "simulates" the session. At times, this can "simulate" lap times that the AI might not be able to drive if you just accelerate time and wait until the end of the session (this has been a problem in sims for 15 years).

OddTimer
14-02-2018, 14:56
If you skip, it "simulates" the session. At times, this can "simulate" lap times that the AI might not be able to drive if you just accelerate time and wait until the end of the session (this has been a problem in sims for 15 years).

for me, skipping the session has been fair...I normally stay at the position I am at, if I lose positions is one or two tops.

matiaslee
14-02-2018, 17:53
I guess the mechanism is what like in rfactor
The game will calculate "performance level" according to the parameter of the car and generate a lap time(there could be some up and down) and determine the grid.