PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing ALOT

Richardo1701
14-02-2018, 11:27
Hi just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the game crashing regularly? It has just happened three times in a row after exiting a private test session at the Nurburgring GP track with the Bentley gt3 car and also the Renault and Ferrari. This usually happens in the following circumstances :

-After time trial when exit the session but not every time
-At the start of the time trial session in the loading screen usually at 25% with any car and any track I have tested so far and again doesn't happen every time
-When loading up the community event again at 25% and not every time
-When exiting community event again not every time
-It has happened to me in the loading screen for multiplayer races although not as often as the above

If someone from SMS is watching, do they know if this is going to be fixed in the upcoming update.

Thanks in advance for any replies

OddTimer
14-02-2018, 16:32
I was having the same issue until I moved the game to the internal storage. Crashes stopped happening. I'm not saying the game doesn't work fine on external drives, but it could be a glitch in the installation of the game so moving it can help.

Mon Pavion
14-02-2018, 16:56
Ive always had the game stored internally on XB1 X and I don't think it has ever crashed once.

OG Xbox1 might be a different story thought, IDK

Richardo1701
15-02-2018, 10:07
Thanks for the replies guys, as far as i know the game is installed on the Xbox drive, when I first got the game it just installed like any other game I haven't used an external drive yet. I'm on the original Xbox. It did it quite alot again last night after the AOR race, no one else in the lobby had this issue so I might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it

OddTimer
15-02-2018, 15:26
Thanks for the replies guys, as far as i know the game is installed on the Xbox drive, when I first got the game it just installed like any other game I haven't used an external drive yet. I'm on the original Xbox. It did it quite alot again last night after the AOR race, no one else in the lobby had this issue so I might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it

np. Ideally you would try to either reinstall it on an external drive or delete some other game from the console's drive and only then reinstall PC2. This would force the game to install on a different place in the drive. Just reinstalling it on the same drive could see the game going back to where it was installed and if this is the cause of the crashing issue, it would keep happening on the new installation.

Richardo1701
15-02-2018, 18:31
Hi I already reinstalled whilst I was out at work so didn't read what you just said till now, I don't have an external hard drive so can't install it anywhere else. I have tried the game and yep still happening like you said it probably would, Time trial stalled at 25% again but I did manage to exit a private session with out it stalling. It's only been happening for the last few weeks I think since I updated to the latest version ( was playing Battlefield and F1 2017 so only just went back to Pcars2 recently). I'm on the og xbox so maybe it's just a bug that happens on that. I would like to hear from one of the SMS guys if possible to see what they think. Thanks again for replies:D

Richardo1701
15-02-2018, 19:48
Just found another thread about this, it seems it's been happening for sometime but why is it so random and only happening to so many people? Please SMS reply to let us know what is happening and if it has been fixed in the upcoming patch ( 4.0)

RookieRaceline
20-02-2018, 13:29
I've been struggling with this for some time too.
I originally talked with Xbox support, because i was getting the exact same issues with PUBG (random crashes to home screen while playing online).

They guided me through a 17 step guide that included deleting and adding the game, the account, a delete all but the games, a delete all, and even a factory reset.
After this i had the console sent in for repare, and then again for replacement

I still have crashes, so my guess is that this is with the way game(s) are developed. I also had a suspision that it was because i was running on xbox one (standard) and that it could not cope with the pressure of the game, but it seems to be the same with the X.

So all in all, i'd say it is something SMS need to look into (PUBG is excused because at the time it was an open alpha or whatever it's called, so i paid a lot less for it than a full game)

Lolzatron3155
22-02-2018, 22:58
Does anyone know if this issue would be fixed on Xbox one if I tried moving it to internal storage? It happens to me as well and its been happening for a while. I dont know if it crashes less on the Xbox one x or not, but from what Ive seen this has been a consistent problem throughout the forums. The Xbox patch is probably still a few weeks away now, so if I could Id rather fix it now. Also this only happens in pcars 2, no other games, and it has only happened in pcars 2 which made me think it was a game problem rather than console.

Zaskarspants
23-02-2018, 10:21
Does anyone know if this issue would be fixed on Xbox one if I tried moving it to internal storage? It happens to me as well and it’s been happening for a while. I don’t know if it crashes less on the Xbox one x or not, but from what I’ve seen this has been a consistent problem throughout the forums. The Xbox patch is probably still a few weeks away now, so if I could I’d rather fix it now. Also this only happens in pcars 2, no other games, and it has only happened in pcars 2 which made me think it was a game problem rather than console.

It is not a consistent problem.

I have the game on xb1 and xbx and the game runs without undue crashes or issues.

trrane
23-02-2018, 10:24
It is not a consistent problem.

I have the game on xb1 and xbx and the game runs without undue crashes or issues.
It is a consistent problem.

I have the game on xb1 and xbx and it crashes for me atleast once per session. I have it internally installed from disc.

Zaskarspants
23-02-2018, 11:08
It is a consistent problem.

I have the game on xb1 and xbx and it crashes for me atleast once per session. I have it internally installed from disc.

Yes, but this is extremely unusual I assure you, but awful for you I appreciate. Are the circumstances of the event similar for you each time ?

Some more detail could help others provide you with a solution.

trrane
23-02-2018, 12:13
Yes, but this is extremely unusual I assure you, but awful for you I appreciate. Are the circumstances of the event similar for you each time ?

Some more detail could help others provide you with a solution.

From what i have read in the forum it happens to people who have the game installed on both the external and internal so thats not a solution. It crashes when exiting sessions, doesnt matter if its multiplayer, career or time trail. So many threads but no official answer what the problem is, same thing with the disconnects.

Zaskarspants
23-02-2018, 12:25
From what i have read in the forum it happens to people who have the game installed on both the external and internal so thats not a solution. It crashes when exiting sessions, doesnt matter if its multiplayer, career or time trail. So many threads but no official answer what the problem is, same thing with the disconnects.

Actually you are not correct. It was discovered by the community that, in some circumstances installing on an external drive can cause problems due to the drive turning off IIRC. This may not I accept be your issue but solutions to these problems have been found for many.

If the problem was widespread we would see far more on the internets about this, the game's user base is hundreds of thousands.

You say the game crashes similarly on your xbx and xb1 and when exiting any race? Can you detect any pattern that might shed light on this for you?

Bultaco85
23-02-2018, 21:59
I wasnt able to do ONE single race today without the game crashing, and ive tried it dozens of times. Constant crashing and stuttering on Xbox 1 X.

Bultaco85
23-02-2018, 22:00
Actually you are not correct. It was discovered by the community that, in some circumstances installing on an external drive can cause problems due to the drive turning off IIRC. This may not I accept be your issue but solutions to these problems have been found for many.

If the problem was widespread we would see far more on the internets about this, the game's user base is hundreds of thousands.

You say the game crashes similarly on your xbx and xb1 and when exiting any race? Can you detect any pattern that might shed light on this for you?

It is widespread on Xbox.

Hammerpgh
25-02-2018, 20:11
I've not experienced this on Xbox so far. Any chance it could be a corrupt save file something similar. That caused endless problems on pCars 1.

Bultaco85
26-02-2018, 05:23
Hi all.

I've uninstalled the game and re-installed it again, but didn't solve the issue.
Then, what i did was putting the console offline and the stuttering stopped, did several sessions without any issues.