PDA

View Full Version : VR Dash Lights Brightness Level

ecstaticbrick
14-02-2018, 15:01
I know I have posted about his in the past but, Please, Please, Please can we have an option to reduce the brightness of the dash lights when using VR?

Just did a 2 hour endurance race last night and by the end I felt like my eyes had been burned out. 10 minutes into the dark period and it was almost unbearable. I had to keep turning the lights off on the straights just to make it through the race. It really is like someone is shining a torch into your eyes.

MaXyM
14-02-2018, 15:25
I suspect it might be done not only for VR. Just dim down intensity of the light which would tune down this horrible bloom.

Because I really doubt SMS will do that, I suggest you to use helmet view. The helmet overlays a part of view, incl. main dash (LCD). I found it helpful in night races a lot. Actually I always use helmet view since using VR. But I recalled LCD brightness issue in one of recent night races. I figured out that it doesn't disturb me thanks to the helmet view.

ecstaticbrick
14-02-2018, 18:40
I much prefer the cockpit cam. The Oculus is my Helmet :-)

Seriously though, the dash at night is blinding and uncomfortable to the point I no longer want to race at night.

MaXyM
14-02-2018, 22:41
I much prefer the cockpit cam. The Oculus is my Helmet :-)

Yes. it is. But it doesn't limit the view vertically like helmet does. IMO VR+helmet view complement each other