PDA

View Full Version : McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail has lost some power?

koivis
14-02-2018, 18:08
I tested all the GT1 cars before the last (or previous) patch, and they all seemed to have around 600-610 hp (except for the Porsche that has 567, and Nissan that has 643). The top speeds, however seemed very similar across the cars, 320-330 km/h. However, after some of the patches, either 1.4 or 1.3, the F1 GTR lost about 50 hp. Now it has around 560, and can barely reach 300 km/h. This seems to be due to it having smaller restrictor than before, 33 mm as opposed to 36 mm.

I ask if this is intentional? If not, was it maybe an accidental (collateral) nerf, considering the GT3 McLaren was definitely nerfed with a smaller restrictor. The lap times were comparable with the other cars before this change. I really hope for an answer for this, since right now the car feels really neutered.

TexasTyme214
14-02-2018, 22:19
Are the other cars changed in power?

koivis
14-02-2018, 22:56
No, they seem to have same power they had before. I'll do some more thorough testing tomorrow.

blinkngone
15-02-2018, 16:10
Maybe they are just trying to be more realistic with the McLaren, in 98 it was completely outclassed by the Toyota, Nissan, Porsche and CLK. Porsche won Le Mans by default(or they were just more realistic about how hard to push their cars) when the others had so many mechanical failures.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/qualifying/Le_Mans-1998-06-07.html

APR193
15-02-2018, 16:18
Speaking of the Porsche, am I the only one who feels it is in desperate need of a performance boost. The rest of the class seems really well balanced but the Porsche is nowhere on any track in any situation

Tar Heel
15-02-2018, 18:29
Speaking of the Porsche, am I the only one who feels it is in desperate need of a performance boost. The rest of the class seems really well balanced but the Porsche is nowhere on any track in any situation

I did a class rank a couple months ago (so patch 1.3 I believe) and the Porsche was the best performer for me with stock stable settings. Obviously tuning matters, but on a stock playing field the Porsche was the strongest performer for me.

https://youtu.be/aTGknrCEVcw

blinkngone
15-02-2018, 19:33

In TT you are correct, the Ferrari, Toyota and CLK appear to have over a 1+ second or more advantage when tuned.

Blaulicht
18-02-2018, 14:26
The Porsche GT1 is definetly underpowered especially with custom setup. I know in reality the car was somewhat slower than the Toyota and the CLK, in the game, though, it is at least 2,5-3 seconds per lap slower on lemans.

Also changed in power is the '99 Gt-One i guess. I was able to take 4 seconds from my previous PB on LeMans