PDA

View Full Version : New to project cars PC - two small gripes

BowtomePhil
15-02-2018, 11:31
First off, I think the game is amazing.

Graphically , I have it turned up all the way running a 2k screen at 120hz or is that mhz. I can go to 144. Graphics are amazing.

Sound: I have 5.1 setup and sound is awesome.

I have a wheel but due to athritis can't really use it so am using an xbox pad which works superb.

The tracks and choice of are amazing.
The amount of cars, wow.

Overall worth every penny and such a great game.

My small gripes:

I tend to play offline for various reasons in racing games. I do play BF games online.

Anyway, i am not brilliant, don't care, but when I go round a corner and hit something and it spins me off to the other side of the track and over the white lines and I get the invalid lap time message its so annoying. I just want to beat myself. I have already wasted 15 seconds spinning so don't want to start a new lap. Now in lap racing games it isnt a major issue. But when I do the point to point tracks, and I have been racing for 6 minutes, I don't want to start again, penalise me 10 seconds or something . And the next 2 laps will be invalid is even more annoying.

Anyway second issue. The ghosts. I want to beat myself so load my ghost and beat it. The next lap it's the same ghost, in theory it should take my fastest lap and use that ghost as other games do.

Minor quibbles in an amazing game.

Sankyo
15-02-2018, 11:45
Anyway, i am not brilliant, don't care, but when I go round a corner and hit something and it spins me off to the other side of the track and over the white lines and I get the invalid lap time message its so annoying. I just want to beat myself. I have already wasted 15 seconds spinning so don't want to start a new lap. Now in lap racing games it isnt a major issue. But when I do the point to point tracks, and I have been racing for 6 minutes, I don't want to start again, penalise me 10 seconds or something . And the next 2 laps will be invalid is even more annoying.

Are you talking about Time Trial and storing your best time/ghost? Because your final time will still be visible when finishing, it's just not valid anymore and won't be stored.

BowtomePhil
15-02-2018, 12:02
Yes I see final time but it doesn't store it or the Ghost :(

I only need it stored for me, not for others :)

FxUK
15-02-2018, 12:03
Anyway second issue. The ghosts. I want to beat myself so load my ghost and beat it. The next lap it's the same ghost, in theory it should take my fastest lap and use that ghost as other games do.

I think it does do that, although I can't be 100% sure, since I have not used the ghosts for a while...
If I remember correctly, I think I used "Fastest Friend", which was actually my ghost and it kept updating after each lap I improved, valid laps of course.

Invincible
15-02-2018, 12:07
I'm sure it does do that, although I can't be 100% sure, since I have not used the ghosts for a while...
If I remember correctly, I think I used "Fastest Friend", which was actually my ghost and it kept updating after each lap I improved, valid laps of course.

You can't be your own friend (at least not in the game) and the game doesn't update your ghost (if you loaded your own fastest time) from one lap to another. You have to exit the TT, load your new fastest time and have another go. The game treats your ghost the same way is if it was some foreigner's ghost. That's why it has to be re-loaded once you have set a faster time.

BowtomePhil
15-02-2018, 12:12
Understandable about loading the ghost. One game I used to play after lap one would auto add your fastest time and if you had a ghost loaded also that would stay.
Would be nice to have your own fastest lap auto add the ghost. Maybe something for the future :)

cpcdem
15-02-2018, 15:26
When you push the "+ ADD GHOST" button, in the list that appears in the new screen, select "BEST IN SESSION", on the bottom left. This is still a half solution, because it does not use your best overall ghost, but the best time you do during this sesion. Could still be handy, though, and it's certainly very useful for tracks you TT in them for the first time. Or you could combine a PERSONAL BEST and BEST IN SESSION ghosts, although this would really clutter up the screen. One feature I'd really like to have is to be able to show/hide ghosts at a press of a button, without needing to exit TT and reenter it...

About invalidated laps, well you can still finish the lap and log the time you did manually in ecel or something :). Or you could use a 3rd party telemetry app (plenty available) which logs everything you do, best laps, sectors etc,

FxUK
15-02-2018, 15:28
You can't be your own friend (at least not in the game) and the game doesn't update your ghost (if you loaded your own fastest time) from one lap to another. You have to exit the TT, load your new fastest time and have another go. The game treats your ghost the same way is if it was some foreigner's ghost. That's why it has to be re-loaded once you have set a faster time.

I know you can't be your own friend... I do talk to myself though ;)
I can assure you that in time trial, the 'fastest friend' or whatever its called (words to that effect) show all of my times and can be selected for my ghost.
I will screenshot it when I'm back from work if you wish :)

Edit: No need, found an example: See the screenshots in this post, by DozUK. Notice, fastest friend is DozUK too, which is also their personal best.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56040-Ghost-issue&p=1404831&viewfull=1#post1404831

Edit: Of course, that's only good if you have no friends :P or are faster than them all. But, maybe I was wrong about it 'updating' during the race, maybe I confused it with best in session.

RobPhoboS
15-02-2018, 15:35
When you push the "+ ADD GHOST" button, in the list that appears in the new screen, select "BEST IN SESSION", on the bottom left.

This.

And you can load more than one, so as you wish.