PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer X Ping X P2P

marcelok
16-02-2018, 18:58
Hello everybody.

Since the game release, we're(me and my league friends) trying to find or at least know the reason of the multiplayer issues(disconnection). Patches are being installed and the issue continues.

There is no pattern, but we know in one of the lobbies we have more disconnection.

Now we're seeing some leagues restricting by ping(150ms) or other parameter. In some moments, people said the issue is the quantity of data necessary to communicate between the peers going to the number of simultaneous players.

For PC game, indeed, because they will use the dedicated server in the best scenario.

But for Xbox, considering the router between my Xbox , Xbox live layer and then to the game host, how measure that?

In the end, what we know until today? Is the high ping? Unstable connections(Jitter, Package loss)? Number of players(Lack of processing on Xbox)?

Thank you.

alsacepapa
17-02-2018, 11:32
Hi allow me to piggy back this thread (or mods tell me to move it)

I'm having huge lag problems in multiplayer- so bad I have pit chief telling me there is someone on my right and no one in my view or map is within 1 second of me.

I thought my connection was causing issues but after repeated tests I get consistently these type of numbers:
Download: 80-90 mbs
Upload: 75-85 mbs
Nat: open
Latency: 28-40m
Packet loss : 0
edit - added packet loss

I'm not having issues joining lobbies. Games load swiftly.
The issue is really in multiplayer races with cars teleporting everywhere.

Anyone know if this is a dev fix or something I can do on my end?
Thank you all in advance for your thoughts

nissan4ever
18-02-2018, 05:12
The issue is really in multiplayer races with cars teleporting everywhere.

Nope, the developer can't do anything about that. Based off how the lobby system is set up on this game. Those people have a horrible ping. Which leads to latency. They are lagging. They are to far away from you or have a terrible ISP.

Your stats you provided are great for multiplayer.

alsacepapa
18-02-2018, 08:17
Nope, the developer can't do anything about that. Based off how the lobby system is set up on this game. Those people have a horrible ping. Which leads to latency. They are lagging. They are to far away from you or have a terrible ISP.

Your stats you provided are great for multiplayer.

Thanks for the info. I realized after it was probably more of a P2P issue.

Thing that alarmed me was it has gotten worse since February 15th.
Only variable I can identify is a potential influx in users on multiplayer. Since xbox live is offering free multiplayer access for a week to everyone and their grand mother (at least here in France- I assume worldwide )

Thanks again. I guess I'll suffer through for a little while. I'll look at my ping with other players and try to identify a pattern.

Lakiboom
18-02-2018, 15:03
But there were not such problems in Project Cars 1. So why it is in PC2? SMS promised 16 players on consoles, but in fact i didn't see more than 12 because of disconnections. Online lobbies always also shows fake information. We payed for a whole game but get a half. And release was a long time ago. It shouldn't be like that. Maybe they will return to us a half price? Or free DLC?

marcelok
19-02-2018, 14:29
Indeed.

In P2P high latency could happen and even jitter. Why some variation are not being considered? I played another games against a lot of lagging players and all players continues playing.
In Pcars2, disconnections happen even in the lobby when reaches 15/16 players.

And even there is the router of all players to the host and etc.