PDA

View Full Version : My career just got a heck of a lot more exciting!

Konan
17-02-2018, 09:09
WOW! Just...WOW!
What can i say guys............WOW!
I can't get over how much the career experience has changed with patch 4.
Every single race i tried (after adjusting the AI sliders) was a fight to the end!
I'm currently in Tier 1 TC driving the Astra...
First race...got pole.
Okay that'll be first corner in my pocket.
GREEN,GREEN,GREEN!
WHAT! I got passed immediately by two or three cars! This is great! Fighting from the first corner on!
I pass one of them and the two others are actually really fighting for position...and when i say fighting,i really mean fighting...they are changing position constantly.
"So" I was thinking to myself "maybe i can take advantage of that" and indeed...they make a mistake and i pass!
Race won....ehm...i don't think so...they keep challenging me...chasing...nudging...waiting for a mistake it seems...
AAAAh...overshot a corner!
CRAP! Back into third!
I chased them the entire race...getting closer...closer...last chicane,gotta take my chance here...i break REALLY late...got second,a little nudging...YES! FIRST! Last corner to the straight and still one of them hot on my tail!
Yeeeeeeeeees! A win!
So you see guys,all i can say is.....WOW!
Oh....and THANK YOU!

davidt33
17-02-2018, 09:20
Soooo.....what you're saying is the AI got even faster and more aggressive?

Konan
17-02-2018, 09:23
More competitive and "human like" would be better descriptions...

ELAhrairah
17-02-2018, 09:25
I also have noticed that AI has gotten a bit better. I did not dare to start with career until 1.4 and I must say most of the time AI behaves very realistic. I even scared one by making an agressive late move. And when I passed him I saw him in my rear mirror struggeling to get through the next corner because I forced him of the racing line. I hope SMS keeps improving AI until the last day of this game.

deluca_pabloj
17-02-2018, 12:05
I Agree. Before, since I changed FOV to a lower value (calculator value), I could set opponents up to 90% or 95% for some tracks, but in 50% or 60% for others.
After patch 4, I set opponentīs strenght from 80% up to 95% in all tracks I could test. Itīs more reasonable. And I think difference could be my Racing skills, 10% is a reasonable diff between a well known track and a new one in terms of Racing skills, not 40% as before patch.
Besides, in race, IA is more realistic: Some turns faster and some turns slower, but in a random way, not all slow corners and chicanes only. So I have to study IA opponents to learn their slow corners to pass them, and learn their fast corners to defense my position, in a random way, for each IA opponent.
Patch 4 is a great upgrade for the game. Thanks.

breyzipp
17-02-2018, 15:07
Soooo.....what you're saying is the AI got even faster and more aggressive?

Don't jump to conclusions like that! Maybe he ment that Konan has just gotten older and slower. ;)

Konan
17-02-2018, 15:14
Don't jump to conclusions like that! Maybe he ment that Konan has just gotten older and slower. ;)

Don't count on it...:p

Raklodder
17-02-2018, 15:14
Looks like you're having a good time like the rest of us.

Konan
17-02-2018, 15:15
Looks like you're having a good time like the rest of us.

No doubt about that...:cool:

cxMilk
17-02-2018, 20:29
*noted excitement*
Lucky bastard. I'm still out for the count as the issues with my wheel appeared to go deeper then initially believed. Have no interest in attempting controller racing, especially after using a wheel since pCars1 dropped and can't exactly afford a replacement at this time. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you lucky chaps enjoying patch 4.

Konan
17-02-2018, 20:42
Lucky bastard. I'm still out for the count as the issues with my wheel appeared to go deeper then initially believed. Have no interest in attempting controller racing, especially after using a wheel since pCars1 dropped and can't exactly afford a replacement at this time. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you lucky chaps enjoying patch 4.

Sad to hear...note though that i use a controller myself...

breyzipp
18-02-2018, 10:24

Do you use the motion steering Konan? Or analog stick steering? And what settings do you use for it?

Konan
18-02-2018, 10:27
Analog...i'll take a screen of my settings when i get back from work (around 7.30 pm)

davidt33
18-02-2018, 13:20

I always thought it was a wheel you use yes.

Konan
18-02-2018, 13:23
I always thought it was a wheel you use yes.

Nope...i'm a couch player so haven't got the patience to install/de-install a wheel...my wife uses the TV also so there's very little time left for me to play as is...:(

falm
18-02-2018, 14:28
Nope...i'm a couch player so haven't got the patience to install/de-install a wheel...my wife uses the TV also so there's very little time left for me to play as is...:(

A Wheelstand Pro solved that problem for me. When I play, I just need to carry the Wheelstand from my "office" over to the living room and plug in the USB cable. As long a you have some place to put the Wheelstand it's a perfect solution.

Konan
18-02-2018, 14:31
A Wheelstand Pro solved that problem for me. When I play, I just need to carry the Wheelstand from my "office" over to the living room and plug in the USB cable. As long a you have some place to put the Wheelstand it's a perfect solution.

I had one a few years back...still couldn't be bothered to set it up every time for a max of maybe three hours of playtime....(and i do play non-racing games also)

cxMilk
18-02-2018, 18:15
I use a controller on all other racing games I play, just can't manage controller racing after being on a wheel for so long in the pCars franchise. I've been spoiled and controller feels so awkward now.

Nevertheless, I have plenty of other games to tide me over for the time being. :)

Konan
18-02-2018, 18:20
Do you use the motion steering Konan? Or analog stick steering? And what settings do you use for it?

Will do the screen tomorrow mate...been a busy day (wife is claiming the TV anyway LOL)

Konan
19-02-2018, 04:39
As promised...

breyzipp
19-02-2018, 05:05
Cheers! Before patch 4.0 I was experimenting with motion control steering, I couldn't find any settings to help me with that so even though it looked very promising I kinda abandoned it. Now for 4.0 I copied over Wolfe's settings (analoge stick steering) from the GT Planet forum but still have to try them as well. From Wolfe over at GTP:

Code:
Steering Sensitivity: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 45
Brake Sensitivity: 45
These sensitivities control the linearity of input from the controller.
0-49 is slower near the center/low end and faster at the end of the axis.
51-100 is faster near the center/low end and slower at the end of the axis.

Code:
Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Damping: 85
Speed Sensitivity controls the maximum steering lock based on your speed, and also how much you can countersteer.
Setting it lower = greater steering response.

Controller Damping controls the maximum rate of steering.
Setting it lower = quicker steering response.

I set the steering deadzone to 5 because that's what my analog stick needs. For this game I use a combination of small precise inputs and quick taps of the stick, depending on the situation. I set the other deadzones to 2.

Will try out both your settings and see what goes best. I started my 4.0 career on PS4 Pro with karts but ooh boy that didn't work out too well, very twitchy with the default controller settings. I suspect this week the XBox One patch will be out too so I might just as well try it out there. The controller settings/behaviour on PS4 vs XBox are quite similar anyway from my experience, in fact the default settings are exactly the same on both platforms so PS4 controller setups probably work just fine on XBox as well. I prefer the XBox One controller though as the analogue sticks feel a bit more smooth and the throttle/brake (L2/R2) have more travel distance so more precise throttle/braking is possible.

Konan
19-02-2018, 05:08
Motion comtrol is a no-no for me...just because i tend to tilt the controller unwillingly while i play...LOL

breyzipp
19-02-2018, 05:16
Motion comtrol is a no-no for me...just because i tend to tilt the controller unwillingly while i play...LOL

Edited a bit more text to the previous post but you replied already, you're too fast in the morning. :p

And yeah I see what you mean, you indeed need to sit up a bit more straight with motion control. But in PCARS it's way more sensitive than in GT:Sport though, I only recommend using it in GT:Sport to get a first impression of the capabilities of motion control. One of the big advantages is (if you switch on automatic gearing as well) is that you can play with 1 hand as long as you don't need to brake. So many times in GT:Sport I play with 1 hand and use the free hand to adjust my TV volume, check my iPhone for a new message, grab a snack, etc. multi-tasking ftw. :P

breyzipp
25-02-2018, 19:45
Konan your settings are the exact same as the default settings. :)

Anyway after a looooong break from PC2 (due to Assassin’s Creed Origins I’ve been playing since early November) I started my career again and I have to say from first impressions this Ginetta Junior G40 drives a lot better with a controller on my X1X than it did in September on my PS4 Pro. Much more controllable and easier to keep on the track, and yes I use the same authentic settings as what I used before. I’m not sure if the better control that has anything to do with the X1X, with the new stable set-up that’s been added a few patches back or with the changes in patch 4.0.

Seriously love this little car, nice handling, nice sound, good fun!

Konan
26-02-2018, 06:16
Well...i have said it many times:" i drive them out of the box" :cool:

breyzipp
26-02-2018, 08:43
Well...i have said it many times:" i drive them out of the box" :cool:

You know what, the box is good in this case. Yesterday I started with the default settings and the feeling of that Ginetta Junior was good. That’s when I posted my good impressions post from above. But I wanted to lower the deadzones and improve the controller settings and took Wolfe’s settings. Guess what, the same G40 Junior on the same track/conditions suddenly felt a whole lot more twitchy to control. I think the major issue is Wolfe lowered the steering speed sensitivity from the default 95 to 75 and that makes the cars more twitchy at speeds. My tap steering didn’t work so well anymore and I was losing control under braking. I went back to the default settings and mixed that a bit with Wolfe’s sensitivity settings, my own deadzone settings and the default speed sensitivity. Works a lot better already and from here on I will probably fiddle with it some more but with baby steps.

Currently did the first 2 races of Ginetta G40 Junior at 40 AI difficulty and 50 AI aggression. Got pole twice and won those first 2 races without too much problems. I can probably increase the difficulty some more to make it a bit more challenging.

I noticed on the start of the race the AI is really slow off the line, is that normal? Their race pace both in the dry and the wet seemed similar to their qualifying though. I’m also not convinced yet the AI fight that hard for their place, several times I am side by side with the AI going for a turn (me on the inside) and after the turn the AI is already far behind me in my mirror. Or do I need to increase their aggression more to see them fight harder? Nevertheless, I had some fun races yesterday! Looking forward to completing the other 3 races of this starter championship.

Konan
26-02-2018, 08:47
Yes increase aggression to about 70...if you put the other slider up their race pace will increase also..

breyzipp
26-02-2018, 08:50
Yes increase aggression to about 70...if you put the other slider up their race pace will increase also..

Ok will do that tonight, thanks!

Konan
26-02-2018, 08:52
No problem :cool:

Tank621
26-02-2018, 08:55
Yep I'm using out the box controller settings too, trying to carry the wheel up and down the stairs is a bit too risky for me to do it very often to use it with the Xbox, and I haven't had any time to play the new patch yet apart from a short go on PC

Though I will admit I did finally find some AC controller settings that feel good to me so I've been giving that a good go until I get a good chance to play the new patch on PCars, I will probably do that later today or tomorrow

breyzipp
26-02-2018, 20:55
This is what I was using now until some crappy bug completely ruined my championship: