PDA

View Full Version : Suspension breaks after driver swap

Endurancer
18-02-2018, 19:24
Sorry if it has been posted before, I could not find it.

More than once (usually in last stint of very long endurance races, to make it worse) it happens that, when I ask control back from the AI, exiting the pits, the moment a get control, I get the “Severe Damage” message, and Tom Profiler tool shows me I have a suspension heavily damaged.

I still use automatic pitting (to work around another issue with the AI speeding at the pitlane…) so there is no chance it is a real hit at something, because there is nothing to hit the moment I take control under these circumstances.

Unfortunately, I have not recorded it yet, but I clearly remember It happening in a 16 hour race at Daytona (this January…) and in a 8h race at Bathurst (today…………lost a podium...).

Is there a way to fix or at least work around this? Please?… Before I get suicidal…?

Thanks.

doodleco
19-02-2018, 09:31
I used to have this on PCars 1, pulled out of the pits and suspension was already broken and dragging hard over with no contact. Not had time for endurance in in PCars 2 yet but interesting to know the issue appears to have dragged over. Does the AI co-driver use simplified physics like all the other AI, I wonder if switching between simplified back to normal tricks the damage model in some way?

Endurancer
19-02-2018, 10:42
Exactly, I remember having it on PCARS 1, but I did not clearly remembered a specific case.

About the physics, I am not sure, but I think the AI we swap with uses the same physics of the other AI. I think my setup does not affect it, for example, but not sure.

I am also not sure, but I think it always happens with the front left suspension. And I have read about other specific issues with this suspension. Maybe there is a relation.

satco1066
19-02-2018, 16:29
Sorry if it has been posted before, I could not find it.

More than once (usually in last stint of very long endurance races, to make it worse) it happens that, when I ask control back from the AI, exiting the pits, the moment a get control, I get the “Severe Damage” message, and Tom Profiler tool shows me I have a suspension heavily damaged.

I still use automatic pitting (to work around another issue with the AI speeding at the pitlane…) so there is no chance it is a real hit at something, because there is nothing to hit the moment I take control under these circumstances.

Unfortunately, I have not recorded it yet, but I clearly remember It happening in a 16 hour race at Daytona (this January…) and in a 8h race at Bathurst (today…………lost a podium...).

Is there a way to fix or at least work around this? Please?… Before I get suicidal…?

Thanks.

If it happens more then once, please record a video, e.g. with Shadowplay if you have GForce Experience installed. All you have to do is press ALT-F9 before the car is handed over to you, wait until the message appears and the press ALT-F9 again. Then you can post that small video.
Also please post car and track, it could be specific to some or all combinations.

Endurancer
25-03-2018, 18:11
This has happened in the last 3 endurance races I have done.
- Outon Park international / CATHERAM PROTOTYPE,
- Nurburgring GP / LMP1 and
- COTA (Austin) / LMP1.

I am having trouble with my NVIDIA overlay recording, not stable, stops working after a while. But I have uploaded the telemetry (Tom Profiler) of the last event in the link bellow, hope it helps.

https://ufile.io/8101l

Sorry, I don’t know a way to edit this.

At the end of lap 92 the AI goes to the pit, the car is intact. I took over and the moment I left pit lane, there was a lot of damage to the front suspensions, and can assure I did not hit anything at that moment.

Bruno Alexandre
27-03-2018, 11:42
Not seeing it here using our current build, what kind of pit strategy did you have during this?

simsimsheree
28-03-2018, 05:21
Did you spectate the AI? See any incidents that might damage them but, due to their dumbed down physics, don't show up until handed over to the live player?

Endurancer
28-03-2018, 15:12
Not seeing it here using our current build, what kind of pit strategy did you have during this?

MY PC2 installation is bugged right now, but as soon as I get it fixed I can post the prints from the strategy used, I don't I have changed since.

But, overall, it was 52L of fuel, change every tyre and fix everything except for brakes, engine and gearbox.

Please let me know if you need any other detail. Like I said, happened in every endurance race I have done recently.

UPDATED: I was using this:

Endurancer
28-03-2018, 15:27
Did you spectate the AI? See any incidents that might damage them but, due to their dumbed down physics, don't show up until handed over to the live player?

Well, yes, most of it I did... and yes, the AI gets in all sorts of trouble in PC2, which is a shame of course.... And at least some of the damaged is applied to the AI. The Tom Shane profiler shows it, and the AI pits by itself when the damage is heavy. Actually it happened in this same race in COTA, the from the file I have uploaded. Only that as far as I remember, the damage I have seem in the AI on PC2 is always on the aero parts, not suspension. Not sure, will have a look next time. You may have found the issue.

UPDATE: I have reviewed some telemetry files. I can confirm that when we swap with the AI, there can be aero and brake damages. I have never seem the AI getting engine damage or wear, however (I have observed that since PC1). And I am not sure about suspension, so whoever is going to debug that, I think it is worth take a look.....

I remember my AI teammate losing a wheel and retiring, in the exact same car (RWD LMP1), at Monza, but that was in PC1, so not sure it applies here.

Endurancer
06-04-2018, 11:13
I would like to know if this could be reproduced. Is any more information necessary? Really running endurance races....