PDA

View Full Version : Worth rebuying for PC from xbox?

nx12
19-02-2018, 02:31
Hey,

Recently bought a gaming PC. The specs are a Ryzen 5 1400, Nvidia 1060 3GB, 16GB RAM. I have a wheel setup, and I wanna know if its worth rebuying for any reason such as fps, ffb, patches, etc. Does anyone have experience to compare the two?

And what can I expect in terms of fps with specs like these?

thank you!

Invincible
19-02-2018, 04:59
Hey,

Recently bought a gaming PC. The specs are a Ryzen 5 1400, Nvidia 1060 3GB, 16GB RAM. I have a wheel setup, and I wanna know if its worth rebuying for any reason such as fps, ffb, patches, etc. Does anyone have experience to compare the two?

And what can I expect in terms of fps with specs like these?

thank you!

If you have the Xbox one X, then probably not so much. If you have the old Xbox one, then yes, do it! The fps you can expect on your rig are depending on your settings. But a solid 60 should be fairly easy to get, if you don't go crazy on graphics and choose a decent medium to high setting.

breyzipp
19-02-2018, 05:02
And if you do, it's currently on sale on Steam :

(Project Cars 2 – $29.99 – 50%)
https://www.gtplanet.net/snag-awesome-racing-deals-steam-lunar-new-year-sale/

Gav88888
19-02-2018, 05:58
If you have Xbox One then yes go for it, it’s cheap and you can get the demo to test it out, if you have the 1X then it depends if you want the bigger online racing as really that is the only benefit when looking at the spec’s you have.

Put it this way, my laptop has a 2GB DDR3 GPU, old and slow, but I really enjoyed playing PC2 on it with max grids etc, it didn’t look as good as my XB1 but played better due to none of the issues the XB1 has in terms of performance issues. On the PC you can tweak everything as you want.

zedeeyen
19-02-2018, 08:00
Yes, overall experience is vastly superior on PC, especially if you play multiplayer. I started out on XB and switched when I upgraded my PC and I've barely launched the XB version since. It's like a different game.

PoL
19-02-2018, 09:39
I thinks that the biggest difference will not be in performance as much as it would be in loading custom FFB settings file which cannot be done on a console. this means you've been restricted to using Raw or Immersive in game settings which is just just not as good as Jack Spade files. Install the demo and use the sop diff files - follow the readme and then throw away your xbox. i mean .... Welcome to the PC Master race!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

boabmatic
20-02-2018, 11:53
I switched from Xbox to PC on PCars 1 and it was well worth it, (I've not played PCars 2 on Xbox as I only use my Xbox for Battlefield and PUBG , all racing games are now on my PC)

I'm running a 1060 3Gb card and I can max most setting to Ultra and still get 60+ FPS with a i5 3330 , 8Gb Memory at 1920x1200 resolution.

As PoL says being able to tweak the FFB settings is a big plus too , especially Jack Spade custom files.

Its also allowed be to upgrade my Pedals to Fanatec ClubSport V2 without buying a new wheel as they run direct to the PC via USB but on console they need to connect through a Fanatec wheel base..

demand34
20-02-2018, 12:19
oh yes that it is.