PDA

View Full Version : Ginetta Juniors AI slow off the line make difficulty settings.. difficult

Keena
19-02-2018, 15:50
Hey Guys, hope all is well.

Superb work on the AI in the last patch. Great to race against and thoroughly enjoying my battles. The only problem is that they are still really slow off the line in Ginetta Juniors, this at 113% difficulty and 80% aggression.

This means if I set the difficulty so that I can have a battle in the mid-field come race day, I'm normally 5 places up by turn 1 and a further 3 or 4 by lap end. To make the race meaningful I have to start from the back of the grid every time, otherwise its a first place parade lap repeated for 15 mins.

Also theres a big pace differential in qualifying to race day, and theres few settings on the car to give qualifying pace compared to race day setup that would warrant such a large difference.

Any chance someone could have a rinse of the lower tiers? Some of us (a minority I'll admit), enjoy playing these tiers in career mode and not bothering to really move up the tiers in a scramble for the higher tiered categories.

Cheers

Stewy32
19-02-2018, 19:42
Try Rolling Start if in Custom Event.If you are in Career maybe purposefully don't overtake them off the line and sit in behind the car directly in front of you rather than moving to either side to get passed.Not as fun as passing but worth a go.

Keena
19-02-2018, 23:39
Try Rolling Start if in Custom Event.If you are in Career maybe purposefully don't overtake them off the line and sit in behind the car directly in front of you rather than moving to either side to get passed.Not as fun as passing but worth a go.

Yeah I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion :)

MortICi
21-02-2018, 05:17
Yeah I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I had the same issue, at 115 they were too quick 110-113 they are fine, starting in mid pack is ok, but by lap 6ish you can snag P1, there is a hard balance there.

I run em at 112/85 and its fun enough but wish like a 24 lap race would provide more opportunity for some action.

I also hate the twitchy behavior and movement they currently have, its very jarring and wtf like in VR. You just see them make what appears like exact corrections of 5* 15* 35* and its just so sharp and twitchy. Almost like a controller player that is a thumb stick tapper playing. They also seem to be overtly cautious around the player and start to weave in a weird way.

I guess its something to fix in the next patch maybe, the pace for the most part is good and the feel is better.

But in the Clio Cup you can't set them higher at least for me then 91/92, at 100 they set times even WR can't touch @ Brands Hatch Indy, they have insane exit speed through T1/T2 and T6 you can only make up time in T3 where they are consistently slower on entry and exit.

Keena
21-02-2018, 07:17
I had the same issue, at 115 they were too quick 110-113 they are fine, starting in mid pack is ok, but by lap 6ish you can snag P1, there is a hard balance there.

I run em at 112/85 and its fun enough but wish like a 24 lap race would provide more opportunity for some action.

I also hate the twitchy behavior and movement they currently have, its very jarring and wtf like in VR. You just see them make what appears like exact corrections of 5* 15* 35* and its just so sharp and twitchy. Almost like a controller player that is a thumb stick tapper playing. They also seem to be overtly cautious around the player and start to weave in a weird way.

I guess its something to fix in the next patch maybe, the pace for the most part is good and the feel is better.

But in the Clio Cup you can't set them higher at least for me then 91/92, at 100 they set times even WR can't touch @ Brands Hatch Indy, they have insane exit speed through T1/T2 and T6 you can only make up time in T3 where they are consistently slower on entry and exit.

Good feedback.

For me I'm just focusing on the slow of the line issue in Ginetta Juniors- haven't looked at anything else yet. If I set the difficulty so that I can get a good race, it doesn't matter at all because I just storm them on the start- 5 places by turn 1, normally from last to about 4th by the end of lap 1. If I set the difficulty to mitigate, the above happens then I'm just blocking like a lunatic for 15 mins. So in order to have a fun race, I set an appropriate difficulty but theres no point running qualifying because I need to start last in order to avoid running away with it on the first lap. And its all a waste of time ultimately because whatever difficulty I choose, the race is a non-race for the first lap.

Its a bit of a disappointing moment.