PDA

View Full Version : Someone here uses a GTX 1060 to play in VR?

LimonadaMatadora
19-02-2018, 17:27
I'm interested in getting a Oculus Rift to play in VR and my system spec is a i5 4590k and a GTX 1060 and 8GB RAM. I don't have enough money for the rift AND an upgrade, so I was wondering if it's possible to play with that spec.
Someone here tried VR with 1060? I'm pretty sure it will use reprojection most of the time but wanted to know if it's playable or it'll make me puke. Also like to know how much is possible to push the graphics settings.

(Curse my friend who bought a Vive and let me play PC2 on his rig. Guess I'll never have fun on a single monitor again :frown-new:)

zedeeyen
19-02-2018, 19:06
I did for a few months, yes. It's totally playable, not the slightest puke or headache here. You'll need to have the detail a touch lower than on a faster card, obviously, but nothing drastic.

MortICi
21-02-2018, 05:19
I'm interested in getting a Oculus Rift to play in VR and my system spec is a i5 4590k and a GTX 1060 and 8GB RAM. I don't have enough money for the rift AND an upgrade, so I was wondering if it's possible to play with that spec.
Someone here tried VR with 1060? I'm pretty sure it will use reprojection most of the time but wanted to know if it's playable or it'll make me puke. Also like to know how much is possible to push the graphics settings.

(Curse my friend who bought a Vive and let me play PC2 on his rig. Guess I'll never have fun on a single monitor again :frown-new:)

I play it on a 970 just fine, a 1060 should be no issue.

LimonadaMatadora
21-02-2018, 14:53
Thanks for the replies, good to know that a 1060 should be enough :)

Raklodder
21-02-2018, 15:22
My RX580 is on pair with your GPU and handles it quite well, but don't expect to run on any exotic settings.

You will probably have to settle for somewhere between low/medium settings with high textures, etc.