PDA

View Full Version : Formula Gulf Missing from my car list

bruiserbbq
20-02-2018, 14:01
Hi all, I've just reintroduced myself to Project Cars2 and I don't have the Formula Golf in my car list.....yet I have all the DLC's except the jap car pack.
Is there a way of installing the missing car?

Cheers Mark

Sessionerror
20-02-2018, 14:08
It's not missing in your car list, Formula Gulf is not a part of Project CARS 2 (in contrast to Project CARS 1) ;)

banner77amc
20-02-2018, 14:48
Formula Golf Cart is not in the game... 250475

KANETAKER
20-02-2018, 16:02
So far I think these are the most notorious missing cars in the PCARS2. Some absences make sense, while others need some explanation, either because of license renewal costs, poor reception / use of players, or balance of performance between cars of the same class despite the fact that one of those cars it had very good acceptance (the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1).

- W Motors Lycan Hypersport.
- 250cc Superkart.
- Formula Gulf.
- Formula B (fictional GP2).
- BWM M3 GTE (with GT3 spec).
- Audi R18 TDI LMP1 (2011).
- Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 (2009).
- All Ruf cars. - Ruf was a cheaper alternative to Porsche. Therefore, once SMS having obtained the Porsche license, it no longer made sense to continue with Ruf.
- Caper Monterey Stockcar (it would have been a way to emulate the México Nascar Series).
-Caterham Superlight R500.
- Gumpert Apollo S.
- Aston Martin S Hydrogen Hybrid.
- Mercedes Benz modern DTM.
- Scion Cars.

And some others...

seb02
20-02-2018, 16:05
The cape monterey Stockcar misses me. I do not understand why she is not present, it is a fictional car, no ?

AbeWoz
20-02-2018, 16:39
So far I think these are the most notorious missing cars in the PCARS2. Some absences make sense, while others need some explanation, either because of license renewal costs, poor reception / use of players, or balance of performance between cars of the same class despite the fact that one of those cars it had very good acceptance (the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1).

- W Motors Lycan Hypersport.
- 250cc Superkart.
- Formula Gulf.
- Formula B (fictional GP2).
- BWM M3 GTE (with GT3 spec).
- Audi R18 TDI LMP1 (2011).
- Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 (2009).
- All Ruf cars. - Ruf was a cheaper alternative to Porsche. Therefore, once SMS having obtained the Porsche license, it no longer made sense to continue with Ruf.
- Caper Monterey Stockcar (it would have been a way to emulate the México Nascar Series).
-Caterham Superlight R500.
- Gumpert Apollo S.
- Aston Martin S Hydrogen Hybrid.
- Mercedes Benz modern DTM.
- Scion Cars.

And some others...

the BMW M3 was an old GT2 spec. Doesn't fit with any other the modern GTE or GT3 cars. Same with the Audi R18. It would be all alone unless there was a Peugeot 908 to go with it in a sup-LMP1 class.
Scion makes sense since the company is no longer around.

Formula C fills the slot vacated by Formula Gulf, and Formula Renault fills the Formula B slot. I would have liked to keep the 250cc superkart as the 125 is too slow on some of the non-karting circuits

KANETAKER
20-02-2018, 17:11
the BMW M3 was an old GT2 spec. Doesn't fit with any other the modern GTE or GT3 cars. Same with the Audi R18. It would be all alone unless there was a Peugeot 908 to go with it in a sup-LMP1 class.

But despite that, SMS included the Aston Martin DBR1-2 of 2009 and although at first it seemed quite slow, with the passage of the weeks many players were dedicated to exploit its limits, becoming even faster than the Audi R18 TDI within the game and therefore be one of the most chosen non-hybrid LMP1 to play. Obviously that was quite unreal since in real life the best time in LeMans for DBR1-2 was 3:26, while in the game a few players reached the record of 3:21 - 3:20. Could it be that the drivers in real life in charge of driving that car were bad? Or simply in the game to have optimal conditions the car could be used to the fullest?

I would have liked to keep the 250cc superkart as the 125 is too slow on some of the non-karting circuits
But the problem is that in some circuits the Superkart could get to be even faster than some GT3 cars and that got to be annoying, not to say that in case there were license points in play, the GT3 would lose many points to the have been defeated by a lower category car.

sp3ctor
20-02-2018, 17:37
The lack of modern DTM is a bummer for me. It was about the only car I was really good at lol

AbeWoz
20-02-2018, 17:37
eh not concerned about the 250cc kart pace vs. GT3s since i would never consider doing a multiclass race with them anyways.

Stewy32
20-02-2018, 18:48
eh not concerned about the 250cc kart pace vs. GT3s since i would never consider doing a multiclass race with them anyways.

I would.One of my favourite things to do is come up with a few strange combinations and see if any of them are any good.

Smoked_Cheddar
21-02-2018, 02:31
Formula Golf Cart is not in the game... 250475

If only, put it on go-kart tracks. I'd drive it!

That said I wish formula gulf was still there.

Sensenmann
21-02-2018, 09:42
I know we've got the Porsches, but I do miss the RUFs, particularly the Yellow Bird.

rocho
21-02-2018, 09:53
I really miss the Ariels.

IJerichoI
21-02-2018, 10:30
I miss the Focus RS, as this really is an icon regarding performance hatchbacks, I think. This and the Yellow Bird are the only ones I really miss, all others are too uninteresting or wouldn't really fit into a current class.

Tbolt
21-02-2018, 12:10
I miss the Focus RS, as this really is an icon regarding performance hatchbacks, I think. This and the Yellow Bird are the only ones I really miss, all others are too uninteresting or wouldn't really fit into a current class.

Uninteresting to some maybe, but part of the point of having many different cars is that everyone finds something interesting. And I don’t thing we should miss out on great cars just because they don’t fit in a class.

I wish we could have Apollo back, then we could have the Intensa Emozione.