PDA

View Full Version : Car not loud enough.

LibranRabbit
20-02-2018, 19:39
Is there a way to higher engine sound and don't suggest turning it up or adjusting the other affects down. Compared to various other sims/games on P.C. the incar sound just seems very low. I'm using 5x channel optical out to active studio monitors, so that's not any issue. Seems to be around 5-6 db down.

g.stew
20-02-2018, 19:47
Which camera are you using? The sound can differ based on camera. The helmet cam, for example, is not as loud as the cockpit cam.

RobPhoboS
20-02-2018, 19:53
1x user here but yeah the game itself (on patch 3 at least) is several decibels lower than other games, plus I barely feel any low frequencies (seems cut from 130hz).
I did adjust my audio so my car was louder than others but yeah it means of course you have to increase amp volume quite a bit!

Ofnir4
20-02-2018, 19:56
Well don't ever drive the Oreca 03 then, you won't even hear it.

LibranRabbit
20-02-2018, 23:54
So, it's not only me, I was thinking I'm imagining it, but it shows on my volume readout the db and doesn't match all the others. Is there a way to get the other camera audio when using the incar? I know it is meant to sound like that when wearing a helmet, but I'm not!

RobPhoboS
21-02-2018, 00:19
So, it's not only me, I was thinking I'm imagining it, but it shows on my volume readout the db and doesn't match all the others. Is there a way to get the other camera audio when using the incar? I know it is meant to sound like that when wearing a helmet, but I'm not!

Sadly not.
I've always wished to get a mixer for whatever sound we want on car games !

Schnizz58
21-02-2018, 00:32
I think it's the balance more than the volume. Other cars sound louder than your own. I can see that maybe being the case for a car in front of you but even cars behind you sound louder. I shift based on the engine note and this makes it really difficult to know when to shift.

Killg0re NL
22-02-2018, 17:47
I'd like an option where you can decrease the chat sound in comparisation of the car sound. (Chat) or where you can reroute the output where to put the audio to.

So ie you got the racing sound over the speakers. And the chat on a headset.