PDA

View Full Version : No Fuel During Pit Stop Bug

Tar Heel
21-02-2018, 02:24
I was just doing a 1:45 LMP3/SR3 race at Daytona and I was coming up on my first pit stop of the race about 55ish minutes into the race. I set up my pit stop in the menu as I forgot to set one before the race. I had fuel, tires, and damage set. I got tires and some minor damage fixed, but no fuel. I was unable to complete another lap as I ran out of fuel.

Pretty frustrating as the race was pretty intense before that. Wasn't this addressed in the previous patches?

Mahjik
21-02-2018, 02:43
Does this happen for you every time or are there specific steps to make it happen? Or did it just happen this one time?

Tar Heel
21-02-2018, 07:56
Does this happen for you every time or are there specific steps to make it happen? Or did it just happen this one time?

Ran the race again and didn't experience the same issue. Still frustrating, but it seems it was a one off

iggy
21-02-2018, 12:34
Did you have pit stop errors on?

Doug914
23-02-2018, 13:14
Ran the race again and didn't experience the same issue. Still frustrating, but it seems it was a one off

What we fixed specificly was if you didn't set a pit strategy at all (like you mentioned in your first race attempt) You'd get the Fuel, tires and damaged fixed automaticlly based on the same logic we use for the AI. I can only guess in trying to setup a strategy while the race was on going, you somehow nix'ed the fuel part. We really should have allowed a pause menu so pit strategy could be adjusted on the fly as it's too difficult and mistakes happen (at least for offline racing).

iggy
23-02-2018, 15:33
What would really be nice... is to have some way to verbally communicate with the pits about 'emergency' pit stops... Or even just simple changes to race strategy... that is, allow people with a microphone to actually make verbal statements that the virtual pit crew could understand and implement.

Like for example... I have plenty of fuel, but I need the car fixed... Or... damage isn't too bad, I think I can get through the end of the race if I just had a bit more fuel...

Right now most online races, it's just way way to hard to adjust pit strategy on the fly...

Another thought is... in many modern forms of motorsport, a good team can evaluate using telemetry or even by spotters looking at the car and such about pit strategy. In some cases, it would be really nice if the team engineer would suggest a change to pit strategy that could help the driver win a race, as the race was unfolding.

Doug914
23-02-2018, 17:34
What would really be nice... is to have some way to verbally communicate with the pits about 'emergency' pit stops... Or even just simple changes to race strategy... that is, allow people with a microphone to actually make verbal statements that the virtual pit crew could understand and implement.

Like for example... I have plenty of fuel, but I need the car fixed... Or... damage isn't too bad, I think I can get through the end of the race if I just had a bit more fuel...

Right now most online races, it's just way way to hard to adjust pit strategy on the fly...

Another thought is... in many modern forms of motorsport, a good team can evaluate using telemetry or even by spotters looking at the car and such about pit strategy. In some cases, it would be really nice if the team engineer would suggest a change to pit strategy that could help the driver win a race, as the race was unfolding.

Thats the basic idea of using the AI logic for the default, as there's some good strategy going on there. Although the AI logic isn't perfect. But ant future updating/refining that logic would now benefit the player too using default strategy.

Dave White
23-02-2018, 17:57
One thing I think would be useful in that regard is being able to adjust pit strategy while we're under AI control after entering the pits. With a good UI it should be possible to pick what we want to do in a pit stop during that time, although that would only work when manual pitstops are turned off of course.

MortICi
23-02-2018, 19:11
I had this happen in the clio cup career race, during quali when i ran low on fuel, i would pit, it would repair car and lift it up, i don't think tires changed, but no fuel was added.

I was running a custom setup, and a setup i got from the time trials. Not sure if that somehow messed with the pit strategy. I do not recall ever entering the pit strategy screen as for these races its not necessary...

This happened consistently thorugh out the 5 race season. I essentially had to return to pit and start again for fuel to be present.