PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry

freeon
21-02-2018, 13:31
Is there anyway to review telemetry after a race or test session? Trying to watch brake /tire temperature while on track is kind of difficult, especially while going true the turns. If have seen telemetry apps but they all seem to be live feed only. Is there anything out there that would give me the ability to view telemetry data from any specific location on the track after I get off.

ant1897
21-02-2018, 13:39
You can use VRHive to monitor and log all telemetry data. Really nice tool.

freeon
21-02-2018, 15:04
Thanks. I'll give a try tonight.

F1_Racer68
21-02-2018, 15:25
Or Z1 Analyzer. That's a paid for tool $24 usd, but it provides a dash app as well as a post race telemetry analyzer, and it works for virtually every sim out there.

Analyzer also has a VERY COOL track walk feature and driving analysis to help you improve your driving as well as the car setup.

http://z1simwheel.com

Be aware however that not all car data is sent to these 3rd party apps. The telemetry stream doesn't provide I/M/O Temps or Ride Height data for example.

freeon
21-02-2018, 15:49
Or Z1 Analyzer. That's a paid for tool $24 usd, but it provides a dash app as well as a post race telemetry analyzer, and it works for virtually every sim out there.

Analyzer also has a VERY COOL track walk feature and driving analysis to help you improve your driving as well as the car setup.

http://z1simwheel.com

Be aware however that not all car data is sent to these 3rd party apps. The telemetry stream doesn't provide I/M/O Temps or Ride Height data for example.

Dash app is of no use to me as I run in VR. What do you mean by I/M/O temps. I would like to be able to see brake, tires and engine. Not sure if the M in your 3 letters mean motor.

mcsavila
21-02-2018, 15:52
Thanks. I'll give a try tonight.

Is your questionar about PC platform?
Exists a software of telemetry after analisys for ps4?

F1_Racer68
21-02-2018, 16:01
Dash app is of no use to me as I run in VR. What do you mean by I/M/O temps. I would like to be able to see brake, tires and engine. Not sure if the M in your 3 letters mean motor.

I/M/O = Inside/Middle/Outisde (tire temps). These are used to fine tune camber. The apps only receive the same tire temp data we see in the mini hud.

Ride Height and I/M/O temps are only available in the on screen telemetry HUD in game.

F1_Racer68
21-02-2018, 16:03
Is your questionar about PC platform?
Exists a software of telemetry after analisys for ps4?

For PS4 you are best off using VRHive. It receives data via the UDP stream. As far as I know, it is the only one that is PS4 compatible and can save the telemetry data for post race review.

freeon
21-02-2018, 16:07
I/M/O = Inside/Middle/Outisde (tire temps).

Makes sense now. Would have been better to get all 3 but will have to do without. Is this a limitation on the apps or the data the PC2 sends out.

F1_Racer68
21-02-2018, 17:38
Makes sense now. Would have been better to get all 3 but will have to do without. Is this a limitation on the apps or the data the PC2 sends out.

Limitation of the data that PC2 sends out. Not sure why they don't include that data in the stream, since the game clearly generates it, but for some reason it is not included. There are 2 or 3 pieces of data that are not sent externally for some reason.

Cristi
21-02-2018, 20:09
I prefer pCARS Profiler It's really easy to use, splits data automatically by lap and by session.

g.stew
22-02-2018, 00:41
Limitation of the data that PC2 sends out. Not sure why they don't include that data in the stream, since the game clearly generates it, but for some reason it is not included. There are 2 or 3 pieces of data that are not sent externally for some reason.

VRHive is using the pcars1 udp stream so those fields didn't exist. They are in the pcars2 udp stream but last I saw they may not have been working correctly. I think there were some comments in the Crew Chief code that mentioned they weren't working but that was a while ago.

If you export to excel from VRHive you will see fields for them but they currently just default to the one temp. It also has tyre layer temp, tyre tread temp, tyre rim temp, tyre carcass temp, and tyre internal temp if you export the data to excel. I think most of those are in degrees kelvin. I'm not sure if those are still accurate though with the new tyre model.

The inside/middle/outside ones from the in game telemetry are the ones I'd really like for tuning camber though so I'm not having to do the maths while driving.

F1_Racer68
22-02-2018, 02:13
VRHive is using the pcars1 udp stream so those fields didn't exist. They are in the pcars2 udp stream but last I saw they may not have been working correctly. I think there were some comments in the Crew Chief code that mentioned they weren't working but that was a while ago.

If you export to excel from VRHive you will see fields for them but they currently just default to the one temp. It also has tyre layer temp, tyre tread temp, tyre rim temp, tyre carcass temp, and tyre internal temp if you export the data to excel. I think most of those are in degrees kelvin. I'm not sure if those are still accurate though with the new tyre model.

The inside/middle/outside ones from the in game telemetry are the ones I'd really like for tuning camber though so I'm not having to do the maths while driving.

Z1 (which I use) is reading the pCARS2 stream, but it doesn't receive those values either. IT doesn't display them in the live stream (dashboard tool/Z1 Analyzer live telemtery) or in the saved data either.

g.stew
22-02-2018, 02:23
Z1 (which I use) is reading the pCARS2 stream, but it doesn't receive those values either. IT doesn't display them in the live stream (dashboard tool/Z1 Analyzer live telemtery) or in the saved data either.

Does Z1 support the udp stream now? I thought they only did shared memory for pcars? I really wanted to try it, but was waiting for them to support the udp stream so I could use it on Xbox. The feature they added recently to allow you to define your own custom traces sounded really cool.

Sampo
22-02-2018, 02:35
The PC2 shared mem does not have outer or inner temps, just one value for each of layer, tread, carcass, internal air and rim. It's a shame that udp and shared mem are not equal and even more that they all don't seem to work. Maybe after we get one or two more patches and they have time to look into them.

freeon
22-02-2018, 14:30
I tried all 3 briefly last night and found the following.

Z1 Analyzer: Doesn't not show engine temperature or BHP. Maybe I just didn't find it.

pCARS Profiler: I thought the same as above. However I just Looked at the screenshots I took last night I just noticed on the right side there is a scroll bar and I believe I will find that information if I scroll down. Will check tonight.

VrHive: As per below screenshot I can see my lap times but nothing else. I have "save telemetry data for analysis" enabled. Am I missing something?

Cristi
22-02-2018, 14:34
I'm pretty sure pCARS profiler has engine temperature. But I don't think BHP is part of the PC2 telemetry. There are some pretty basic channels missing from the telemetry. Unfortunately, I don't think it's something the devs invest much time in. Would be nice if we could have some official word on what the current progress is with the telemetry and if it is being developed.

F1_Racer68
22-02-2018, 16:03
I tried all 3 briefly last night and found the following.

Z1 Analyzer: Doesn't not show engine temperature or BHP. Maybe I just didn't find it.

pCARS Profiler: I thought the same as above. However I just Looked at the screenshots I took last night I just noticed on the right side there is a scroll bar and I believe I will find that information if I scroll down. Will check tonight.

VrHive: As per below screenshot I can see my lap times but nothing else. I have "save telemetry data for analysis" enabled. Am I missing something?

Z1 definitely shows Engine Temp (Water Temp) as you can see in the screen shot below.

You can right click on any trace and a menu will open. This menu allows you to select which trace you want displayed in that specific location. There is no BHP trace, although you might be able to create on using the "Custom Trace" option if the data is available in the stream.

Maskmagog
22-02-2018, 16:27
See screenshot for vrHive example. Check dropdown and mark the things you want to see. Also, in the right part of the screen, a bunch of data is displayed as numbers.

inthebagbud
22-02-2018, 16:42
Dash app is of no use to me as I run in VR. .

If you run Oculus version 2 software allows the use of multiple screens in the VR environment - I just used it with RSDash sitting above the car out of usual sight and just needed to glance up to see the dash/information - works like this with any software that can be run on the same pc as the VR

Version 2 allows you to control your pc from with in the VR environment

freeon
22-02-2018, 22:22
See screenshot for vrHive example. Check dropdown and mark the things you want to see. Also, in the right part of the screen, a bunch of data is displayed as numbers.

Everything is checked in the dropdown.

Maskmagog
23-02-2018, 09:58
freeon, have you selected a lap in the left column? You have expanded the tree with the laps, but it doesn't look like you have selected one of the laps.

freeon
23-02-2018, 13:01
freeon, have you selected a lap in the left column? You have expanded the tree with the laps, but it doesn't look like you have selected one of the laps.

You may be right. I will check that tonight.

freeon
26-02-2018, 13:13

That's what it was. I now have all 3 running. Just need to figure out which one I like best.

Now all I need is to figure out how to interpret all this data. Any good website or videos that explain all this information?

chieflongshin
26-02-2018, 16:34
Can anyone help with where to get the file? Its not unpacking the setup file on my mac?