PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed: Tuning RallyX cars

Stone Cold Stig
21-02-2018, 20:22
Hi All, I was hoping one of you kind folks could give me some tuning advice on how to tune the rallyx cars to behave more like the touring cars in the game.
I love using the rallyx cars for circuit racing even with some snow from time to time.
I know there is a "circuit" tune by sms that i can select but the cars are still to "twitchy" for me as trying to countersteer is a suicide move.

Was hoping for a base tune or a slightly modified version of the sms tune.
Note, i am by no means a tuning expert, so hopefully it wont be to complicated for a "Philly Boy like me.:cocksure:

blinkngone
22-02-2018, 19:31
Honda at Laguna Seca, maybe you can get some ideas from this TT run. The Honda runs Laguna Seca in the same time as the BMW 320 TC. It has over 200 more horsepower and AWD so it is possibly the tires and suspension keeping it back.
Ignore the pictures below, can't delete them.

Stone Cold Stig
23-02-2018, 03:06
Thanks!

Im gonna compare this to my own custom tune and the sms tune.

My tune is not where i want it yet so im just testing at this point.

But if your Honda tune is giving you positive results i will certainly give it a try.

Just curious, does your car feel twitchy, as if you were playing pc 1 with a controller?
Just wondering because i play with a controller.

blinkngone
23-02-2018, 09:30
Thanks!

Im gonna compare this to my own custom tune and the sms tune.

My tune is not where i want it yet so im just testing at this point.

But if your Honda tune is giving you positive results i will certainly give it a try.

Just curious, does your car feel twitchy, as if you were playing pc 1 with a controller?
Just wondering because i play with a controller.

Hi, it's not my tune, it's a tune from Time Trial. Have you not tried running Time Trial yet? You can share setups there. I know there are problems sharing in Time Trial on XBOX1 but I have read some comments on other threads that if you can get the Leaderboard to sync you can dig down the 30 pages or so that it might take to find your car at a particular track. If you look at the first page I posted you will see I chose MrKrabbs77's run and in the Control Scheme column it shows a controller. I can't really drive road courses but I did take it out for a test drive and it didn't seem twitchy at all but I also drive with a wheel. If anything I would say the brake pressure at 80 was too low but it might be ok with your controller.