PDA

View Full Version : New to this game

BACON 1st CLASS
25-02-2018, 03:57
Wow this game is hard, but I really like it. I have a TX wheel but its being repaired. The career mode is outstanding.

WGIstation6a
25-02-2018, 04:37
I moved from forza to the first pc. It took me quite a while to get the hang of it. Hang in there, the learning curve can feel steep but it’s worth it.

Konan
25-02-2018, 06:13
Practice makes perfect...
...so i don't practice anymore :p

dan2312
26-02-2018, 01:11
I moved from Forza 4 to Race 07 to Pcars 1 then Pcars 2,

I hacked my way through a difficult learning curve at Race 07 and its add-ons. I still play it today.

Forza 7 is just garbage and wish i never bought it.

BACON 1st CLASS
27-02-2018, 03:30
I moved from Forza 4 to Race 07 to Pcars 1 then Pcars 2,

I hacked my way through a difficult learning curve at Race 07 and its add-ons. I still play it today.

Forza 7 is just garbage and wish i never bought it.

Forza 4 was a blast, At this point I just want to race with people that want to get better and dont act like a GAME is there life.

Smoked_Cheddar
27-02-2018, 14:45
I think the key is that you're having fun. You need to keep practicing. I've never played Forza, but I never had an xbox either. I like the challenge the sim provides, that you learn what works for you, and make those changes. As someone said earlier, its a lot of work, but great payoff.

iggy
27-02-2018, 14:55
Welcome...

I myself was a long time Gran Turismo enthusiast, and after I felt a bit let down by GT6's offline game play, I sought out other racing titles, which lead me to Project Cars 2... ( I actually own PC1, but never really got into it for a variety of reasons )... Coming to PC2, I was instantly intrigued by all the setup options , and loved the offline championship play... I struggled big time to actually make sense of it all, but had a lot of fun racing anyway... with each new thing I learn, there's another just around the corner that I realize I need to learn... It's constantly challenging me to learn how to drive better, how to race better... funny thing is, now more and more I realize that 97% of my struggles with going faster are related to my own lack of skill... setup has become something that I do only as sort of a last resort, or just plain out of curiosity... and for me, online racing has become a direction that I'm turning to...

Bottom line is... there for sure is a learning curve to PC2... but it's well worth the effort that you put into it. Just don't expect to figure it all out over night... or by finding some magical cheat that will get you there faster... as far as I know, there are no magical cheats in Project Cars 2... you only get faster, when you actually learn more and apply what you learn.

AbeWoz
27-02-2018, 15:03
Practice makes perfect...
...so i don't practice anymore :p

well, practice makes permanent is more like it. if you practice bad habits, you will have permanent bad habits.... that's why you don't practice anymore ;)