PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Fuel Issue

Richie Padalino
25-02-2018, 21:15
Hello. How are we all?
I don't know if I'm just missing something dead obvious, but I was wondering about qualifying fuel, when fuel is set to deplete.
So, the qualifying session starts, and you get given about 4 laps of fuel, 17 litres or something, not sure if it changes from car to car.
I do my 4 laps, fuel is all gone, go into the pit box, and from what I can tell, it just fills up the tank completely.
How do I get it to give me another 4 laps worth? Rather than a full tank?
As obviously the full tank will slow me down.

RJay
25-02-2018, 21:31
Gotta set a pitstop strategy for that :) In pit stop strategies you can predetermine what tires you'll get on what pressure, what fuel load you will get, how many repairs the crew will make etc.
Or you can just hit return to pitbox where you can leave with the same setup as you left the stint before. This doesn't work in a race though :P

Asturbo
25-02-2018, 21:36
Perhaps race online with mandatory setups? If is your case, it's a know issue: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1460952&viewfull=1#post1460952

Richie Padalino
25-02-2018, 22:26
Gotta set a pitstop strategy for that :) In pit stop strategies you can predetermine what tires you'll get on what pressure, what fuel load you will get, how many repairs the crew will make etc.
Or you can just hit return to pitbox where you can leave with the same setup as you left the stint before. This doesn't work in a race though :P

I tried setting up a strategy, it did nothing.

Richie Padalino
25-02-2018, 22:27
Perhaps race online with mandatory setups? If is your case, it's a know issue: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58141-Mandatory-Default-Setups-Issue-Different-fuel-loads-in-race-start&p=1460952&viewfull=1#post1460952

Looks like its what you've described. So a known issue, from over a month ago, and that's not getting sorted then?

Sound.

Mahjik
25-02-2018, 22:28
I tried setting up a strategy, it did nothing.

Was the strategy "active"?

Richie Padalino
25-02-2018, 22:33
Was the strategy "active"?

Yes.

blankfile
26-02-2018, 08:47
You have to actually PIT with the strategy, not return to pit.

cpcdem
26-02-2018, 13:42
You have to actually PIT with the strategy, not return to pit.

Exactly, and you don't even need to prepare the strategy before hand. Request a pit stop (yes, even during qualifying), go to the ICM, adjust strategy and select how much fuel you want, if you want new tires and fix damage also, then manually drive to your pitbox and watch the crew do their job. More consuming than "return to pitbox", but on the other hand it's more realistic and the price you have to pay to get the fuel you want.

Keena
26-02-2018, 14:06
I might be wrong on this so someone fact check me, but I believe the pit crew will fuel the amount requested On top of that already in tanks. Bear that in mind when you are calculating your refuel figure.

cpcdem
26-02-2018, 19:27
I might be wrong on this so someone fact check me, but I believe the pit crew will fuel the amount requested On top of that already in tanks. Bear that in mind when you are calculating your refuel figure.

Right, thanks for pointing it out! It's just that I usually come back to the pits with almost empty fuel tank, so it's usually the same for me :)

Zenzic
27-02-2018, 11:28
Exactly, and you don't even need to prepare the strategy before hand. Request a pit stop (yes, even during qualifying), go to the ICM, adjust strategy and select how much fuel you want, if you want new tires and fix damage also, then manually drive to your pitbox and watch the crew do their job. More consuming than "return to pitbox", but on the other hand it's more realistic and the price you have to pay to get the fuel you want.

How do you change tire pressures?

cpcdem
27-02-2018, 18:08
How do you change tire pressures?

Good point! Guess you can do this only by creating a strategy :)
Would be nice to be able to adjust pressures in the ICM...