PDA

View Full Version : Paid driving lessons

DonCoglione
27-02-2018, 00:30
Hey guys

I'm pretty new to the racing community and I want to become a clean driver.

I'd like to take some lessons from someone that is experienced (preferably from someone in europe or even in a german speaking part).
We can discuss the price privately.

Thanks a lot
DonCoglione

davekojo
27-02-2018, 05:01
No offense to you or any sim racers but you probably don't want to learn to drive from most sim drivers out there. Some good guys will help you for free. Anyone charging is probably ripping you off.

If you get comfortable racing with the AI without crashing into them try finding a league that races at a time you can also race. Thats honestly the best way to learn. Everyone in the league will know your new and should give you some advice.

If you are a motorsport fan or have youtube watch some races, watch some onboard cameras.

ScaredDuck
27-02-2018, 06:22
Just be patient. No shame using all driving aids. Start off with something like GT5. Find a track you think you may like. Avoid tracks with gradients. But has a good mix off fast and slow corners. I suggest track of the americas or road America. Then just use that track until you know it like the back off your hand. Before long youll have a good understanding off the game mechanics. And when you try new cars and tracks. Youll know the basics

Konan
27-02-2018, 06:28
Don't brake in turns unless you really have to
Brake before a turn...throttle up smoothly when coming out...
In rain be careful x2
Look for the shortest way around the track (race line)...usually the blackened part of it.
Practice a lot
Use every aid available at the beginning and dial them out when you progress.
Respect those who are on track with you...if you can't pass safely,wait for another opportunity.
The race isn't necessarily won in the first turn...
I think those are the most important points...
All free....enjoy! :cool:

ScaredDuck
27-02-2018, 06:59
Also as you want to be a clean racer. Best way would be to start at the back of races as youll get more opportunity ducking and diving

jschuryk
27-02-2018, 07:21
Hey guys

I'd like to take some lessons from someone that is experienced (preferably from someone in europe or even in a german speaking part).

Thanks a lot
DonCoglione

As mentioned, find a good social race club or beginners league and be vocal about being new and being willing to learn. Everyone will help for free. You can also watch YouTube/ twitch streams of sim racers. They don’t have to be PCars. Clean racing is clean racing. There are also a ton of howto vids on youtube often made by those same streamers.

But step 1 is being in control of your car at all times.

peterCars
27-02-2018, 07:29
I could help you, but then you'd probably sue me, plus I race dirty as hell most of the time.

wesker6664
27-02-2018, 08:55
IMO the OP is messing with you all... :cool:

peterCars
28-02-2018, 03:01
I could ask for help too but I'd be sure to be certified instead.

Roushman624
28-02-2018, 03:04
Hey guys

Thanks a lot
DonCoglione
Please don't pay for lessons from people playing sim games. 95% of them have never raced before and you would only being scammed...

Bealdor
28-02-2018, 08:51
No need for paid driving lessons. Just check out this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53371-How-to-Develop-Your-Racing-Skills

CastrolGT
28-02-2018, 09:09
Don't brake in turns unless you really have to
Brake before a turn...throttle up smoothly when coming out...
In rain be careful x2
Look for the shortest way around the track (race line)...usually the blackened part of it.
Practice a lot
Use every aid available at the beginning and dial them out when you progress.
Respect those who are on track with you...if you can't pass safely,wait for another opportunity.
The race isn't necessarily won in the first turn...
I think those are the most important points...
All free....enjoy! :cool:

I'll add more:
-turn a bit later than what you'd think
-take a late apex. approximately 2/3 of the curve
-in most cars, the tip of your steering wheel shall point towards the exit. same for your eyes :)

sisollazzo
28-02-2018, 11:28
Ich kann dir helfen. Du findest mich auf steam

Konan
28-02-2018, 11:53

Keep it in English please...

" I can help you,you can find me on Steam"

Edit: not me of course...i'm just the translator LOL

Sankyo
28-02-2018, 14:09
Read Speed Secrets from Ross Bentley (your money much better spent), and then practice, practice, practice.

banner77amc
28-02-2018, 14:13
Yes practice! practice! practice! and then practice some more with what you know!

sisollazzo
28-02-2018, 14:36
May he has some quetions and I can answear their! Of course he must practice a lot! When you want to lern somthing you need a teacher and as well books and excercises.

WGIstation6a
02-03-2018, 08:59
I watch other people wreck their fast cars from a little perch at a proper race track. I have the answers you seek.

breyzipp
02-03-2018, 09:36
The topic makes me think though, how cool would it be to do some sort of real life PCARS community gathering? Some rig setups indoors, sunshine and BBQ outdoors. :)

I once was in a Dark Age of Camelot guild (AGES AGO lol) and we have a real life hangout in Gouda in the Netherlands where our guild leader lived. Was really fun!

breyzipp
02-03-2018, 09:38

Well at least if the racing lessons don't help, the OP can learn some Deutsche sprache, jahwol! :P

blot
02-03-2018, 14:39
Go premium on Racedept and i think you can get 1 hour of online tuition free.

belaki
02-03-2018, 15:02
If an AI tries to overtake in an unsafe location, shunt him into the ARMCO.

Then pause and watch the replay. :cool: