PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Oreca LMP2 - Zero Audio

Hammerpgh
27-02-2018, 13:04
I have just finished a test session using the Nissan Oreca LMP2 car and note that there was virtually zero audio coming from it!! I could hear everything else around me fine but my car was almost silent. I went to the replay and went on-board my car but it was fine form there. Back to my cockpit and it was barely perceptible.

Anyone experienced this with this or any other cars?

Console: Xbox One (Original)
Wheel: Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX
Circuit: Nurburgring GP
Weather: Clear
Car: Nssan Oreca LMP2
Game mode: Custom Race
AI: 15, 16 and 25 (same problem in each)
Camera: Cockpit

Is there somewhere else that I should report this?

AbeWoz
27-02-2018, 13:08
its an open cockpit car with a mid-mounted engine... you won't hear much except wind noise.... that being said, there should still be *some* engine noise.

I've only driven this car once but I can test it again when I get home in ~8 hours. haha

Ofnir4
27-02-2018, 13:12
Glad someone else reported this, the 03 has really unbalanced in-cockpit audio.

If you were to race a field of Oreca 03, their engines all the way across the track would be louder than yours, siting in the cockpit. But for some reason, the clutch is fine (despite being further from you than the engine)

Compared to others open prototype (R8, 333SP, V12 LMR, Radical SR8 and X for example), it feels like driving the delta wing or an electric car.

It also lacks hands animations for shifting... since the launch of project cars, first of its name.

Zaskarspants
27-02-2018, 14:03
I just tried the oreca v a non open top lmp2.

The engine is quieter as might be expected but is ok for me. I suggest that anyone who wants a louder engine increases the engine audio, this also works in race pause iirc.

In some cars I turn the engine up just because I like the sounds, others cut my ears off so I turn them down.

Hammerpgh
27-02-2018, 14:15
I just tried the oreca v a non open top lmp2.

The engine is quieter as might be expected but is ok for me. I suggest that anyone who wants a louder engine increases the engine audio, this also works in race pause iirc.

In some cars I turn the engine up just because I like the sounds, others cut my ears off so I turn them down.

I already have the engine audio on max and it's barely audible. I'l have to turn the others down a long way to hear any kind of audio from my car. I am sure this is not correct. I drove the Oreca a lot in pCars 1 and it was no problem there.

Ofnir4
27-02-2018, 14:22
My engine sound is at 100 so no can't do that. And if I turn the volume up on my headset, the clutch sound just makes my ears bleed. Which shouldn't happen, because why clutch sound would spread more and engine sound ?

The audio mix was badly done, period.

And what kind of info testing open top vs closed cockpit was supposed to bring you ? If anything, testing other open cockpit would have shown you the inconsistency of engine volume between this car and all others.

03 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooay-PpTX48
R8 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NbxtW9C_LI

If anyone listen to this and thinks the audio mix is good should get his or her ears checked. On the 03 the clutch has the same volume as the engine of the R8 and vice versa (clutch of R8 = engine of 03)

Zaskarspants
27-02-2018, 14:24
deleted.

My ears are fine.

Ofnir4
27-02-2018, 14:32
If they are fine, the Oreca 03 is fine and all others open top prototype and open wheeler with mid engine (meaning almost all of them) have to wrong audio mix. Do yo truly believe that ?

Zaskarspants
27-02-2018, 14:38
If they are fine, the Oreca 03 is fine and all others open top prototype and open wheeler with mid engine (meaning almost all of them) have to wrong audio mix. Do yo truly believe that ?

I think I have replied as fully as I can with my own impressions and recommendations.

You are clearly hold a different opinion. I accept that.

g.stew
27-02-2018, 19:31
I've been driving this car lately in career. I have my audio level for my headphones turned up one notch higher and most other audio settings in game turned down to 90 so I could hear it. First time playing after the patch I practically jumped out of my chair the first time I got a penalty and got that new ding in my ears with the higher volume. Suffice to say, I'll be a much safer driver in that car from now on.

Fight-Test
27-02-2018, 19:45
I do find the mix is off on some select cars also. The game does have all the options to fix it for every car because we have sliders for all the sound and a separate master on our headsets so everything is customizable. Turn down everything in game to 75 and use that as your base. Then turn up and down as needed for mix, then turn your master on headphones up or down for overall sound level. I even have a sound mixer but not needed for this as the in game settings for game can do it all. I do use it to balance my crew chief with game volume without having to go to the crew app. It can also add some low end or treble to particular cars if needed. I have two or three cars I have to change every time I get in.

Hammerpgh
28-02-2018, 10:51
I do find the mix is off on some select cars also. The game does have all the options to fix it for every car because we have sliders for all the sound and a separate master on our headsets so everything is customizable. Turn down everything in game to 75 and use that as your base. Then turn up and down as needed for mix, then turn your master on headphones up or down for overall sound level. I even have a sound mixer but not needed for this as the in game settings for game can do it all. I do use it to balance my crew chief with game volume without having to go to the crew app. It can also add some low end or treble to particular cars if needed. I have two or three cars I have to change every time I get in.

Thanks for the advice. I will try your suggestions and see how it goes. I currently have all sounds maxed so hopefully by dropping the others down by 25% it will make my own car more audible.