PDA

View Full Version : No dyno graph or any information on the car

HLR Toffo
27-02-2018, 23:28
I'm really suprised there's no dyno graph for torque or power curve for the car your about to or are using. Even forza, gt5 have these. Sims are all about numbers, i find pcars car selection very uninformative.

I have also noticed with some of the basic specs provided the power and 0-60 is off. Were do sms get thier specs? Is it from the manufactures or wiki. I have down the years read off information on the net(wiki)which others state as fact to be incorrect. Or completely false entirely.

Were can i find the exact dyno graph p cars use?

The other problem i have is the gearboxes are very limited to adjustments even with top end race cars. Anyone else notice this?

AbeWoz
27-02-2018, 23:47
the available gears you have in game are just like they are IRL. GT3 and GTE cars are allowed 2-3 gear sets, and that's it. Homologation rules.

Also the power numbers shown are at sea level. Power will be lower at higher altitude tracks just like in real life.

You can see power and torque real time on the telemetry screen.

blinkngone
28-02-2018, 01:57
I'm really suprised there's no dyno graph for torque or power curve for the car your about to or are using. Even forza, gt5 have these. Sims are all about numbers, i find pcars car selection very uninformative.

I have also noticed with some of the basic specs provided the power and 0-60 is off. Were do sms get thier specs? Is it from the manufactures or wiki. I have down the years read off information on the net(wiki)which others state as fact to be incorrect. Or completely false entirely.

Were can i find the exact dyno graph p cars use?

The other problem i have is the gearboxes are very limited to adjustments even with top end race cars. Anyone else notice this?

Hi, there isn't a graph but you can check the power and except where there is a power bump or nerf in the patches the listed specs are pretty good. I use the Daytona Tri-Oval(it's close to sea level) to test the power output of the cars. The reason I use this track is because it is easier to get to the maximum engine horsepower by being steady in the corners. What particular car do you disagree with the stated power?

blinkngone
28-02-2018, 02:22
Here is an example of the Porsche 911 GT3 R. See it's listed at 500 horsepower.
Then it probably got a bump in one of the patches and as AbeWos mentioned you can see the power in the telemetry screen.

Jussi Karjalainen
28-02-2018, 10:43
Some of that is due to power in some cars varying at different altitudes (drive the F50 at Red Bull Ring and you'll see it produce less than 510 hp), and some of it is "official" vs. "actual" power output in some cases... Think back to the Nissan Skyline GT-R road car, does anyone actually believe it produced just 280 hp? Several examples were dynoed to be throwing out more than 320 hp straight out of the factory. =)

Invincible
28-02-2018, 10:47
Some of that is due to power in some cars varying at different altitudes (drive the F50 at Red Bull Ring and you'll see it produce less than 510 hp), and some of it is "official" vs. "actual" power output in some cases... Think back to the Nissan Skyline GT-R road car, does anyone actually believe it produced just 280 hp? Several examples were dynoed to be throwing out more than 320 hp straight out of the factory. =)

Still, an actaul dyno graph of each car would be awesome. But not a graph supplied by the manufacturer, but a graph which actually reflects the powerband in the game. It would help to identify shifting points easier.
And, what I'm calling for since early WMD1 days: A gearing graph where I can see the top speed of each gear in kph / mph. Too often I am struggling to find a good gearing and have to go by trial and error, which takes a good amount of time.

SpinnPaget
01-03-2018, 16:24
Still, an actaul dyno graph of each car would be awesome. But not a graph supplied by the manufacturer, but a graph which actually reflects the powerband in the game. It would help to identify shifting points easier.
And, what I'm calling for since early WMD1 days: A gearing graph where I can see the top speed of each gear in kph / mph. Too often I am struggling to find a good gearing and have to go by trial and error, which takes a good amount of time.

Not sure if you're a 3rd-party app person, but we're having this same discussion over on the vrHive thread. He's giving some thought to how he might implement it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58222-PC-XB1-PS4-vrHive-Dashes-Telemetry-Live-Data-Arduino-Client-Server-more&p=1483321&viewfull=1#post1483321

cpcdem
01-03-2018, 20:08
That was an interesting matter to try out, I just wrote a small app that reads torque output as reported by the game and draws it on screen, in relation to RPM. This is the result with the Renault Megane touring car:

Red curve is torque and blue curve is power calculated manually as torque x RPM. The "high" curve is at 100% turbo boost, while the lower one is at a much lower value.

In order to get this, I started at 5th gear from 0 speed and pressed full throttle till the limiter. Good thing is that also in other gears, the graph is more or less identical. Now the big question is, if the graphs are the same or at least very similar to the real cars... :)

cpcdem
02-03-2018, 01:14
Argh, been playing with this all night, instead of racing! :)
Here's the SMS FormulaX torque/power curves graph for anyone interested about it:

pferreirag60
02-03-2018, 14:03
It seams there is a bug with the telemetry in the Honda NSX road version. iT can be reproduced, the max power in the last 2 gears is just 502Hp, but if I try more, i can only get 502Hp also in lower gears. I noticed that while driving in private mode in Azure road. It is my prefered road track to test cars, setupīs..etc.

Jussi Karjalainen
02-03-2018, 16:40
Just tested and still got 580 hp plus in the NSX in 7th gear, 8th gear is only there for fuel savings so you never really get to peak power there anyway. I think what you saw was the hybrid system in action when it had been depleted and was now occasionally getting enough charge to show a bit of extra power.

cpcdem
02-03-2018, 18:54
It seams there is a bug with the telemetry in the Honda NSX road version. iT can be reproduced, the max power in the last 2 gears is just 502Hp, but if I try more, i can only get 502Hp also in lower gears. I noticed that while driving in private mode in Azure road. It is my prefered road track to test cars, setupīs..etc.

You mean the Acura NSX, right? This is the torque/power (red/blue) curves I am getting, with battery full and empty, although depending on the gear used, hybrid power usage varies a bit:

OK, last time I am showing this off :)

AbeWoz
02-03-2018, 19:12
You mean the Acura NSX, right?

No Acura in Europe/Japan so it's branded as a Honda.

pferreirag60
02-03-2018, 19:33
Yes, maybe was the depleted hybrid system, but the strange thing is that in low gears I had the full power, only in 6 and 7, I had less power, but that was in the same instance( in the same lap) Azure Coast

Jussi Karjalainen
02-03-2018, 20:33
I'll keep an eye out but so far I haven't been able to replicate, so here's hoping it was just a coincidence. Maybe you had charge in the lower gears from having just slowed down (brake regeneration).

cpcdem
10-03-2018, 15:17
A guy has asked me by PM to send him the dyno for the Ford GTLM, but it seems I cannot post images in PMs, so I am attaching it here, hope it's OK:

Btw, can someone please tell me, is it indeed not allowed to attach pics to PMs, or am I doing something wrong? I could only attach an image from the web, not from my disk.

Jussi Karjalainen
10-03-2018, 19:07
You're not allowed to attach pics to PM like you can to normal posts, you need to upload them online to a service like TinyPic, Flickr, etc.

cpcdem
23-03-2018, 04:41
Just a heads up, for anyone who hasn't seen it, someone has released an app for power/torque graphs in the 3rd party apps forum:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62044-Power-Torque-graph-builder-may-be-useful-for-somebody&p=1491098&viewfull=1#post1491098