PDA

View Full Version : Issue G920 Patch 4.0

Jennsen
28-02-2018, 01:19
Hey,

Just posting to let Devs know that the issues with the g920 are back after patch 4.0. Was playing a lot last week and now it is simply unplayable.
The wheel keeps shaking on low speeds (nothing related to the track) and keeps pushing to sides that it should not.
I turned the ffb almost totally off and the shaking continues.
Hopefully some patch fixes it so I can play again.
Cheers,

Lewy
28-02-2018, 09:13
The issue seems to get worse with the more Ai you have in the race.
This is the graph with just 12 Ai in the GT3 class and this is while stationary.

I found that upto a 24 grid turning gain and volume right down can help the shaking/wobbling wheel but with a full grid no matter how low the gain and volume are it doesn’t stop the shaking.
Obviously having gain and volume set so low you do lose all ffb and feel.
Also I found I could only use the raw setting.
Using Informative and immersive the shaking is a lot worse.

RookieRaceline
28-02-2018, 10:43
I've got that too, but i am pretty sure (and hope) that they know. It has been posted a few times over at the patch thread.
I get the shaking too (carreerwith the Ginetta juniors) but not so much on online racing.

I also got a left to right swing effect on the straight of 24h lemans, that gets very very strong, the faster i go (also with AI + humans).
I'm hoping for a hot fx on this, because although i hear that the AI has improved, i can't race them because of the shaking

Jennsen
28-02-2018, 13:03
I have no idea how you guys keep trying to play even with this issue hahaha. The shaking on my wheel sounds like it is braking something inside the motor.

Zaskarspants
28-02-2018, 13:08
I have no idea how you guys keep trying to play even with this issue hahaha. The shaking on my wheel sounds like it is braking something inside the motor.

I dont think you need to worry, G29 / 920 have a reputation for being bullet proof.

I played the game when it came out on xb1 and I found the ffb was very good if I avoided the known issue with large grids.

Lewy
28-02-2018, 13:42
I dont think you need to worry, G29 / 920 have a reputation for being bullet proof.

I played the game when it came out on xb1 and I found the ffb was very good if I avoided the known issue with large grids.

Hi Zaskarspants Need to ask you, is it different on the X ?
Do you not have any problems with wheel shake at all? Even with full grid of Ai?

Zaskarspants
28-02-2018, 14:17
Hi Zaskarspants Need to ask you, is it different on the X ?
Do you not have any problems with wheel shake at all? Even with full grid of Ai?

No problems at all. FFB is consistent.

Gav88888
28-02-2018, 15:32
I have the G920 and I don't have that shaking issues, well, the odd place on the odd track it might shake a bit, start/finish straight at Red Bull for example sometimes shakes but generally its fine, evening running max grids in TC class its perfectly fine.

I have only had that AK47 style of shaking twice since the game released...

Zaskarspants
28-02-2018, 15:50
Same here, I have only tried my xb1 briefly on three tracks with full grids to check the physics issue and I did not get terrible shaking.

Jennsen
28-02-2018, 17:34
Just reinstalled the game and the issue remained. It is too boring to play without FFB =]

DaneRix
28-02-2018, 23:14
I have the same problem with the shaking plus i have no grip at all When i race online. I know its a live track and all but this is like driving on ice spinning OFF at 30 kmh.
Im loosing my patience with this game...

Gav88888
01-03-2018, 10:08
Just reinstalled the game and the issue remained. It is too boring to play without FFB =]

In your FFB settings lower FX to 0 if you havent already as this is a known issue that causes shaking.

Gav88888
01-03-2018, 10:15

Try changing FX to 0 if you havent already, also play with the other profiles like Raw, Immesive etc.

I use Raw 70, 20, 100, 0, 0 and it works good for me. Try those and see if you stlll have the issue.

Jennsen
01-03-2018, 14:23
I definitely think that I should be able to play the game with whatever configuration I choose to use.

Zaskarspants
01-03-2018, 14:40
I cannot repeat the symptoms you describe in your opening post.

I am at a loss as what to suggest given the extreme nature of what you have described but a good starting point would be for you to share more detail about the settings you use for ffb and wheel settings.

Jennsen
01-03-2018, 18:19
As stated on the original post, the reason I posted was "to let Devs know". Never requested any kind of help. Therefore, I appreciate your anxiousness to help, but it is not needed.

If any of the moderators or devs. request, I'll be providing more details.

For the moment, I'm happy to have provided somewhere for people that have a similar issue to post.

Zaskarspants
02-03-2018, 13:26
As stated on the original post, the reason I posted was "to let Devs know". Never requested any kind of help. Therefore, I appreciate your anxiousness to help, but it is not needed.

If any of the moderators or devs. request, I'll be providing more details.

For the moment, I'm happy to have provided somewhere for people that have a similar issue to post.

As you wish but I suggest that may not be your best course of action.

I find your decision suprising.

Lolzatron3155
04-03-2018, 01:12
I’m the same. I have a g920 and I can’t turn the ffb up without getting the shakes, can’t play without a dead zone without getting the shakes, and can’t get rid of the low and high speed shakes. Going down the mulsanne straight is a nightmare, I hate it. It’s been happening since day one, I’m almost convinced that the game only works on a certain number of tracks. It’s weird as well because I had a gt3 race on hockenheim before and drove around lemans in the f40 before the patch and all was well.

Major Epidemic
04-03-2018, 09:25
I also think there is something still not right. I hadnít had any major issues until patch 4 and now there is some pretty unrealistic (in my limited track experience) shaking on the straights. Not all tracks or cars though. I have dialled the gain down for now and itís definitely useable. In fact I think I had my best race ever last night. Live track is amazing! I totally disagree with the original posters comments. If you wonít post your settings there is no incentive for the devs to help. Nor us, the community.

Lolzatron3155
04-03-2018, 10:44
My settings are: raw

Posted these Just as a heads up, I’ve used gav88888’s settings and yes it does stop the shake but then there’s barely any force. However I’ve tried Zaskarspants’ settings and they’re working nicely. There’s curb and over/understeer feeling as well as loss of grip. The strength is good too, it’s not weak which is find is the main problem this game has with ffb. Tried it with a bunch of cars and it gets rid of most of the shaking.

Andrew Weber
05-03-2018, 16:20
I am finally looking into this today, but right off the bat, it looks like high FX (75 is high BTW) is behind a lot of this. The odd thing is, nothing I know of has changed for Patch 4 wrt FX, or FFB in general. So some settings making things shake is possible (too much stiff force per latency is in particular an oscillation cause). But this having only started from patch 4 is the odd part.

Zaskarspants
05-03-2018, 17:08
^^^

This may explain why I do not get this issue, my fx is 0.
I will try higher and see if that provokes things.

edit - I do recall when I ran high fx that things could get very lively.

Jennsen
05-03-2018, 17:57
Hey guys.

I've seen the interest from Andrew, so I'll be trying to help out.

I've been testing the game a lot lately. Playing with informative 100/25/50/75 and it is working mostly fine with lots of cars. Sometimes though, the wheel just swerves to a direction in strange places. Also, I've played without sound so I could hear anything happening to the wheel and the shaking is always there on straight lines, but it seems that it is something that should happen. For instance, on indy and ford GT on oval circuits, it is really hard to keep the car straight, but, again, I think it is something that should happen.

One thing that I was not able to try again is playing with Ginetta G40 GT5. It was with this car that the issue occured frequently. I'll be posting up when I got the time to test it again.

Keep up the good work.

See you guys soon.

RookieRaceline
05-03-2018, 19:53
@Andrew, this really seems to be random. I can be in a qualifying session, with no shaking, go to the pits, and exit, then i have it.. very strange, so i don't think it is the FFb settings.. seems to be coming and going as it pleases

Andrew Weber
06-03-2018, 01:35
I am trying to repro inconsistency. No luck so far. Any more detail in what specifically you do would maybe help.

In particular, also point out number of AI, car, track, session type, and still of course FFB settings, including flavour. Even better, for FFB settings, a pic of the lower left HUD widget (including the text above, unlike the pic early in this thread which cropped that part off). edit: I know you said some of this...I am stating this in general, for anybody reporting.

Gav88888
06-03-2018, 08:04
Yesterday whilst getting in some practice for a league race I got it for the first time for months.

Brands Hatch Indy in the GT5. 15 AI. Dry clear skies, 10 lap race, June about midday. I was practising in exactly the same conditions etc but in the Clio (the league race is a Clio/GT5 double) and the Clio TC1 worked perfect, as soon as I restarted and got into the GT5 the wheel was vibrating most of the time. Back into the Clio again and it's gone.

The actual race is tonight so I will see how it goes when racing people instead of AI.

Ps I am using RAW, 70, 15, 100, 0, 0.0. FX is always 0 as anything higher and the wheel goes mad.

Another good one is Le-Man 24hr track, when racing Group C for example the wheel moves a lot on the straights, up the FX a tiny bit and open that AK47 up lol

Jennsen
06-03-2018, 14:02
I am trying to repro inconsistency. No luck so far. Any more detail in what specifically you do would maybe help.

In particular, also point out number of AI, car, track, session type, and still of course FFB settings, including flavour. Even better, for FFB settings, a pic of the lower left HUD widget (including the text above, unlike the pic early in this thread which cropped that part off). edit: I know you said some of this...I am stating this in general, for anybody reporting.

Will be doing this as soon as possible.

JoakimBL
13-03-2018, 10:25
Was surprised that my FFB was working without the shaking today, when driving the 3rd carreer race in Ginetta GT5 on Silverstone in heavy rain. I figured there had been an update, and I could turn up the FFB and even use Immersive without any shaking. Imaging my surprise looking in here and that there hadn't been a fix. Next race at Donnington the shaking was back. Switched back to RAW, and had to turn down FFB settings to make it driveable again.
FFB Settings: RAW,75,65,50,0,0

Zaskarspants
13-03-2018, 17:23
I play about 2 or 3 hours per day and I do not have any problems with ffb. It is very clear and consistent.

I am able to produce some of the effects noted to a degree by running fx 100 and high volume, very much so on immersive.

I do not think this is a fault with the game but is a result of overstrong ffb settings.

Major Epidemic
14-03-2018, 07:27
Was surprised that my FFB was working without the shaking today, when driving the 3rd carreer race in Ginetta GT5 on Silverstone in heavy rain. I figured there had been an update, and I could turn up the FFB and even use Immersive without any shaking. Imaging my surprise looking in here and that there hadn't been a fix. Next race at Donnington the shaking was back. Switched back to RAW, and had to turn down FFB settings to make it driveable again.
FFB Settings: RAW,75,65,50,0,0

That’s weird. I have seen the same thing although not shaking as such. After posting earlier in this thread I was racing the GT4 career using an Aston Martin at Silverstone. The force feedback was fine. In fact I thought it was the best I have felt it. Nothing that seemed unusual at all. Then I thought I would try the Race against a pro challenge using LaFerrari, and set up a time trial at Monza. Down the straights there was a really strong, unrealistic kick from the road surface. Something I hadn’t experienced at all with the Aston at Silverstone. I am sure I could remove with a few ffb setting tweaks but then I think we need to be able to save them as part of the setup
FFb settings: 80/70/85/40 Immersive

TumidBook28394
19-03-2018, 02:41
My apologies if this has been posted before. After suffering through trying more changes to the force feedback on my G920, I tried something different. After making a change and seeing how it felt, I recalibrated my wheel, and was shocked at the difference.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Zaskarspants
19-03-2018, 12:14
My apologies if this has been posted before. After suffering through trying more changes to the force feedback on my G920, I tried something different. After making a change and seeing how it felt, I recalibrated my wheel, and was shocked at the difference.
Has anyone else noticed this?

It is very important to calibrate correctly. Personally I only do it after a patch.
It is essential to remember to turn the wheel to 90 degrees when asked, this is a turn of angle of 90 degrees, the number on the calibration screen should be ignored when doing this.

CraigO
09-04-2018, 15:12
I too have had issues with random oscillation or wheel wobble since patch 1.4. I didn't really experience it before, so it's been rather bothersome. I'll definitely try recalibrating as TumidBook28394 suggests! Hoping that works. I haven't changed any other wheels settings, and it's very different from before the patch. While driving down a straight I've let go of the wheel for 1 or 2 seconds to see what would happen and it is swinging from side to side violently.

I'm also still having issues with too many cars on track. Championship races are very tough, as the handling and physics seem unpredictable.

Lolzatron3155
11-04-2018, 10:23
Just on a side note, how would you calibrate your wheel? I’ve calibrated mine after 1.4 but I still ended up getting the shakes.

Chokofanten
11-04-2018, 11:37
When I drive a tt on Leman, my rat shakes from side to side on the long side. I'm alone on the pitch. I'm playing on Xbox One.
I use Fanatec 2.5

CraigO
11-04-2018, 11:40
I'm so happy! So I recalibrated my wheel last night as you guys suggested. Then I turned fx down to 0. Then I raced. Then I raced with a FULL GRID. For the first time EVER!

It actually worked. I tried a variety of cars and tracks, all with a full grid and fx at 0-5. Everything seemed fine! I can't say whether or not there are still handling differences between Private Testing and a full-grid race. But I don't think there was much if any difference. I don't remember my exact settings, but I tried two of those listed in this thread. I think I'm running Immersive somewhere around 85.35.90.0.0

It seems ok with fx up around 5 too. I think I noticed some craziness with it up around 10 though. I had it at 25 previously, and after the 1.4 update it was insane. Thanks so much guys!! Night and day difference! I'm excited about PC2 again.