PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Pro better graphic or high res

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
28-02-2018, 16:25
Hey boys and girls.

Which Visual Mode from those two do you prefer and why?

I use a 4k Monitor what's in you're opinion the better choice? I don't really see a difference except of the better mirrors under enhanced visuals.

Thanks for the answers

Konan
28-02-2018, 16:41
I use enhanced visuals and from what i've seen posted so far,so do most others...

Atak Kat
28-02-2018, 17:45
I'm using just an HD TV (not 4K) and I have it on enhanced frame rate.
But I a really unhappy with the graphics that seem to constantly switch between overall resolution. Or that's what it seems like. It seems like the screen is constantly switching between two levels of resolution depending on how much other stuff is going on. It get's so bad that I cannot even read the numbers on the steering wheel motel in GT3 cars. I did a career race yesterday, GT3, Hochenheim, night time...... it was awful graphics quality. Oh, and I also have my mirrors turned off because I heard that is supposed to help overall.

Don't know what to do, honestly. When I watch youtube vids of guys on PS4Pro, I don't see anywhere near the same graphics quality level.

Roushman624
01-03-2018, 02:36
But I a really unhappy with the graphics that seem to constantly switch between overall resolution. Or that's what it seems like. It seems like the screen is constantly switching between two levels of resolution depending on how much other stuff is going on. It get's so bad that I cannot even read the numbers on the steering wheel motel in GT3 cars. I did a career race yesterday, GT3, Hochenheim, night time...... it was awful graphics quality. Oh, and I also have my mirrors turned off because I heard that is supposed to help overall.

Don't know what to do, honestly. When I watch youtube vids of guys on PS4Pro, I don't see anywhere near the same graphics quality level.

I use visuals. I rarely have problems with framerates and tearing. Others say resolution makes the AA better but I can't tell.

Zaskarspants
01-03-2018, 10:13

Enhanced frame rate has the lowest res about 1080p, and yes the res does scale according to load, as it does in other modes. I have noted the effect on the xbx.

If you run in one of the other modes the res will be substantially higher, iirc, about 1400p in visual mode and 1600p in high res mode.

FreefallRLC
01-03-2018, 14:27
Itīs a different thing with 4K. I tried both visual and higher res. And the more details is so minimal, you wonīt notice. On 4K the AA is much more obvious and noticeable than on 1080p. So, in my opinion, higher res is the best setting for 4K screens. You will still see the knows "graphic issues" like bad AA, flickering shadows etc though. On 4K seems more worse and higher res only helps a bit but doesnīt get rid of them

Sum Dixon-Ear
01-03-2018, 14:38
Enhanced Resolution on a 65" 4K screen, no terrible AA or flickering shadows that I've noticed so far... looks really good.

Killg0re NL
01-03-2018, 16:50
I am on enhanched framerate. But it stutters none the less. So might go for the visual presentation.

Spitfire77
01-03-2018, 17:11
I have come to prefer resolution mode using my pro and 4k TV. I also turn off lots of the other Visual FX items - post processing, bloom, sun flare, heat haze, Crepuscular Rays, and screen dirt. Works well for me.

FACE2LEMURIEN
01-03-2018, 17:42
the graphics are very different with 31 cars AI or 10 cars AI

Zaskarspants
02-03-2018, 12:11
the graphics are very different with 31 cars AI or 10 cars AI

The consoles dynamically scale the res according to load. This may be the effect you are observing.

Tom_2475221
07-03-2018, 08:38
Using a PS4 Pro and a 4K-TV, my impression was that with 'enhanced visuals' the jagged edges were very much visible and sometimes a pain for the eye.

I also use helmet / cockpit cam, and when switching to 'enhanced resolution', the overall image became very crisper, even without the effects of the enhanced visual mode.
I clearly noticed the display on the steering wheel for example to be much more readable and detailed.

So i prefer in this case enhanced resolution.

Daz555
07-03-2018, 11:37
I use enhanced resolution on my 1080p TV. I found that enhanced visuals was producing more obvious LOD changes and causing occasional stutter. Also I never managed to notice what was enhanced about it.

GenBrien
07-03-2018, 13:05
65'' 4k TV

took resolution over visual

looks really good

Kriig
07-03-2018, 13:30
I'm not sure what i use (default), but it looks much better on my 75" 4K, than the regular PS4.