PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to PC2 forum member

leeroy98
01-03-2018, 11:17
Hey guys and gals

Big shout out to member McKiernan what a legend.

Recently my cpx basherboard died on me so asked fellow members on this lovely and helpful forum if anyone had a spare im willing to pay well as they are currently discontinued online.

Got reply from McKiernan saying he would send me his old one he no longer uses but also send it free of charge. Just shows how amazing some people on this forum are so just wanted to extend my appreciation for this legend of a man.

Now one happy racer again

Fuzzy
01-03-2018, 12:03
The internet has a kind of schizophrenic nature -it brings out the best and (unfortunately) the worst in people.

It always amazes me the amount of effort people are prepared to go to with giving away free tutorials, etc (eg. Jack Space FFB files).

Always good to hear another good news story like this.

Ofnir4
01-03-2018, 12:10
Very nice gesture from him.

My only question is : Why the need to make it public ? (not reprimanding anyone, just philosophically asking)

demand34
01-03-2018, 12:19
Why the need to make it public ?Because it is good to know things like this happen, too.

rich1e I
01-03-2018, 13:25
So you mean I shouldn't lose faith in humanity then?

Invincible
01-03-2018, 13:43
So you mean I shouldn't lose faith in humanity then?

You still haven't abandoned all hope?

McKiernan
01-03-2018, 13:45
Thanks very much man was glad to be able to help. The interwebs can indeed be a double edged sword, there can at times be too much bickering & negativity, but at the same time it's a great resource. All the community members who produce tutorials, give tips and advice on tuning etc., the livery creators, app makers, league organisers and so on all make this sim racing community a fantastic thing to be a part of & I was happy to contribute in my own small way.

Ofnir4
01-03-2018, 13:53
Ride the wave and run for office ! :cool:

rich1e I
01-03-2018, 14:05
You still haven't abandoned all hope?

Haha, I was on the edge of abandoning it but these tiny little stories wing my hope!

McKiernan
01-03-2018, 16:28
Ride the wave and run for office ! :cool:

Oh dear God no, that sounds like my own personal version of Hell.

Keena
01-03-2018, 21:29
Great to see this kind of thing. Nice to be able to smile on reading an internet forum for a change. I have to say that the Project Cars 2 forum is one of the nicer public spaces on the internet.