PDA

View Full Version : Time trial challenge on one PC

killkrt
01-03-2018, 22:31
Hi,

I am trying to organize a time trial challenge with my friends at my home and since I am the only one in my crew having a good PC and a racing wheel we are forced to use only one PC.
I was wondering which is the best way to organize this challenge in Project Cars 2.

I was thinking to create 4 different driver profiles (one for each person) and then attend to a time trial session with no opponents and compare the record of each player, but I noticed two big issues:

Best time are not recorded
Changing the driver in the career is not changing the driver in the time trial session

The first issue seems to me a bug. I made a test (twice), I've completed a time trial with no penalty, but when I come back to same time trial challenge (same track, same car, same rules...) no "personal record" is shown!
The second issue maybe is because the driver profile is only used in career mode, BTW I think it would be better that driver profile would be applied also to time trial challenges.

Do you have any suggestions on how to organize such challenge? I would like to avoid to take photos of the screen (old school mode :D)

Thank you.

satco1066
02-03-2018, 01:29
time trail times are dedicated to your steam account.
You can setup your three friends with their steam accounts and then share PC2 if they dont't own it.
Or you take the old method of paper and pencil and write down the results.
If you use e.g. RS-Dash, you could record the session and export the results or us RS-Cloud, so every session will be recorded automatically.

pkcraistlin
02-03-2018, 06:16
set a trial time and then get your friends to race against its ghost. when someone beats the time, the ghost is replaced by the new best time, which everyone then races against etc (you must reload the time trial though after each new best time, in order to update the ghost).

i appreciate you said you couldn't set a time trial time, however that's never happened to me so can't advise how to fix that.

TheStranger
08-03-2018, 11:49
I think Time Trial is very lacking in that regard.

1 wheel, several friends - have their ghosts shown on during the race, not only the "best of session".

Other modes don't allow the loading of ghosts but should, it's such a basic feature! Hell at least SMS could make it has killkrt said, save a ghost for each driver license, so that we can exit TT session, load another driver and the all the previous driver's ghost.

It should definitely be possible to do something as simple as this.

Gromran
08-03-2018, 13:37
so that we can exit TT session, load another driver and the all the previous driver's ghost.No! TT ist account based, not deletable carrier driver based. And that's good for many reasons!
PC2 isn't a HotSeat Game.

marco_silva85
09-03-2018, 10:49
No! TT ist account based, not deletable carrier driver based. And that's good for many reasons!
PC2 isn't a HotSeat Game.

"for many reasons", very objective /s...you believing PC2 as an HotSeat game is not called here.

Being able to play with friends in your house in a proper challenge mode is more than enough reason and as you can see people are speaking in favor of.

All we ask is proper support for this - just add a "create session drivers" where one can type its name and run a local leader-board separately. Don't see any meaningful reason not to.

TorTorden
09-03-2018, 12:04
Sure it would be nice to have hot seat TT support.

But a solution has already been presented.
One of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005X50TS0/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1520596805&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=notepad&dpPl=1&dpID=41PHeoVhxVL&ref=plSrch
And one of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008TQKIXG/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1520597003&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=pens&dpPl=1&dpID=41PRXdqSLQL&ref=plSrch

marco_silva85
09-03-2018, 18:34
I see, yes I can use that, also I can imagine my friend's ghost cars in the track too.. its a wonderful solution.

Do you usually bring a sarcastic solution as your answer to some issues? If ever your wife asks to play with you in Projct Cars, tell her its better to break up with you, problem solved.