PDA

View Full Version : Players missing after crossing the finish line

Asturbo
02-03-2018, 15:34
All of us know a serious problem of the game that happens when players, who don’t finish the race, don’t appear in the standings.

But yesterday in a league race was even worse. One player was hurry and exited the session during the countdown timer after finishing the race in 3th position. He immediately disappeared from the live timing and from the final results, like he didn’t participate.

Obviously there was a little discussion with players that we have to move a place backwards of the official result screen of the game. Fortunately we record all the races, but as admin of a community is hard to us to fight every race with this issues.

Please, we need the DNF in the final standings for all the players who started the race and the number of laps they did for the leagues standings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ZI94LlHds&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Related with http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61424-Wrong-race-results

cpcdem
02-03-2018, 18:01
What happened there exactly as 1:09 is I believe what the devs needs to see to reproduce several still going issues with wrong results, flags etc shown sometimes, looks like the problems usually happen when people disconnect and not everything in the data the game holds updates.

Asturbo
02-03-2018, 19:17
What happened there exactly as 1:09 is I believe what the devs needs to see to reproduce several still going issues with wrong results, flags etc shown sometimes, looks like the problems usually happen when people disconnect and not everything in the data the game holds updates.
In the moment you mention, is when the player leaves the sessión (with race finished). You can see that the rest of the players advances 1 place when he leaves, but the penalties is not refreshed, the same as the last member of the list. So the penalty of the player who leaves looks to be assigned to the next player (who is now in his position). Fortunately, this penalty is not applied to the new position owner. Also the last player, appears two times, because the list scrolls up but the last place remains. Also the differences are corrupted after the player leaves:

Before player #3 leaves:

After #3 leaves. Al from behind him advances one place. Penalties are not updated. Last player duplicated:

And final results is different again:

I think that this could be related with the problem with the flags, as cpcdem has said. The players list scroll 1 place up from the one who leaves, but probably the flags, and the penaltys not, so you have wrong flags assignmets. I can't confirm because as you see, in this race all of us were spanish. Anyway, player #3 must keep his position, specialy because he finished the race crossing the line in 3th place. Other drivers who don't finish the race must appear with DNF and the number of laps.