PDA

View Full Version : p2p disconnects - since last patch

Meekstaaa
04-03-2018, 11:22
Hi all,

We run a league (PCDC if anyone is interested) and since Friday (last patch maybe?) we have had an issue where we are getting people disconnect in bulk at random points in the session.

It starts with the host seeing what looks like everyone stopping on the track but the session still carries on for them whilst the non host see's them 'leave the session' along with a few other people.

We have had this issue in both 1 hour events we've run which is why I'm posting this here.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

Thanks in advance.

demand34
04-03-2018, 13:13
Had this yesterday.

Yes there's some sort of issue online after patch 4.

coopersport
04-03-2018, 19:30
We’ve had same issue a few times now over at Actrollvision community since last patch. Once in a 45min league race, about 20min in 6 people got dropped from me but actually end up in there own race as if nothing happened to them.
Then last night in a 2 hour race same issue about 1 hour 30min in. Then today while just in lobby we had half group drop into a new lobby before we even started to load the session up. And lastly about couple min into a race while Act was streaming we had same problem.

Looks to be the session gets split into two and some move across to the new one while the original also carries on.

This is going to cause issues for the last two rounds of our Wednesday league if we have almost half the grid drop into a new session while racing.

This was also on PC every time and we’ve not seen it happen on Xbox or PS4.

mister dog
04-03-2018, 20:03
+1 also discussed here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61518-Always-disconnect-from-multiplayer-game

drathuu
14-03-2018, 09:11
+1 had 2 disconnects over past fortnight.

Been hosting a 8 round series weekly on rock solid dedicated server 100m/s.. Last week 1 person got booted at the 21 minute mark of 45 minute race. Tonight we finalised qualifying and i got booted (You have been disconnected from the server) between Qually and Race - as it ticked over.

Let the race go ahead as didnt want everyone re-qualifying. No one else dropped, net is fine no issues.

We had 2 people a few weeks back disconnect in practice (Identical times/location).. It could all be just some server packet loss somewhere (hence the 2 were on same routing), but the game doesnt seem to be coping at some kind of event occuring.

Koboldx
17-03-2018, 04:34
Im also had this disconnect problems, i opened a server and everyone (around 10 people) got disconnected (included my friend, that was with me on a mumble/voice connection server but we lost no connection on voicechat) from my hosted game, but my internet connection was and is always 100% stable.

I dont have no pakets lost and all my other games running 24/7 when i host a game.

DECATUR PLAYA
18-03-2018, 03:09
I dont know if this will help but one of the things we noticed in our group is that some of our buddies couldnt connect at the lobby screen. Their names would load in but their safety rating and skill rating wouldn't. It would just show 3 blank lines in its place. We normally tell that guy to hard reset his xbox and that normally fixes the problem. I dont know what the process would be on pc and ps4. As host when I see this happen I sometimes hard reset and remake the room because the few times I have seen it a disconnect of my own sometimes occurs.

This problem also can show up in qualifying to. We have seen where 2 guys leave the pits together and one guy cant see the other guy. This may be followed buy some ghosting of one of the players. This is normally followed by one of those guys disconnecting in the race or just before the end of qualifying. Once again if both players hard reset since you cant tell which guy has the problem it normally fixes the problem.

Devs this disconnect issue is new. Its actually not that bad and does not occur all the time but it is a issue. If you load into a room and can not see guys license its probably good to hard reset however that works on your system.

senna94f1
18-03-2018, 03:54
I had this on ps4 using online championship,

Only two guys who get disconnected were from Europe and uk, the ones who didn't get disconnected were from USA and Canada ,

We had a 1 hour and 30 minute race ,

I was into the race 38 minutes and the guy from Europe was leading the race who then got disconnected , I made a pit stop and one lap after I got disconnected and I was closing in on leader by only 3 seconds,

We have a double race this Wednesday ,first race is 35 minutes long and second race is 50 minutes long ,

What we've planned to do is if anyone gets disconnected in first race we will then abandon the online championship and run the second race using private online lobby and then continue that way,

Also I've still noticed you cannot put a password in on a private online lobby,,

Another post on here by someone else suggested that I change my router settings to see if that helps but I don't want to go down that road as my wifi provider has tested my wifi and said it has nothing to do with my wifi and no packet loss,

Any help please as after a lot of hours putting in track practice and it caused me to finished 3rd in overall championship after it disconnected me ,

ShneebnaMRR108
18-03-2018, 14:17
Every time I tried to join a lobby of six my license would not appear and I couldn't join. Re-started and all that, no good. Two of us (but nobody else) had same issue, so the two of us went to the other game and had no issues at all.
Spent like an hour in pC2 trying to race and never even got on track. The issues don't break the game, they (disconnects/can't join) just stop the game from actually starting.

DECATUR PLAYA
18-03-2018, 16:50
Every time I tried to join a lobby of six my license would not appear and I couldn't join. Re-started and all that, no good. Two of us (but nobody else) had same issue, so the two of us went to the other game and had no issues at all.
Spent like an hour in pC2 trying to race and never even got on track. The issues don't break the game, they (disconnects/can't join) just stop the game from actually starting.

You may have already done this but a hard restart and re-starting the game is 2 different things. A better name for the hard reset may be a reboot. On xbox a hard restart is more like rebooting your pc. On xbox if we hold the power button for 10 secs it basically stops all activity and reboots the xbox.

If the lobby leader is having this issue its a good chance that it will corrupt the entire room.

senna94f1
19-03-2018, 08:08
The host is in USA and has very good wifi,

Hosts wifi and other players wifi is not the problem,

My wifi also is very strong with no packet loss and I've had it throughly tested by my wifi provider when I was even testing game,

It's seems to be using online championship that's disconnected players , it's been brilliant before last update,

On a different note, each time Sony has down a new update to ps4 it either makes it worse or better, and the last recent ps4 uk update has actually made my ps4 full of glitches yet before it was fine, will this have anything to do with online championship disconnected issuses ,

ShneebnaMRR108
19-03-2018, 12:38
You may have already done this but a hard restart and re-starting the game is 2 different things. A better name for the hard reset may be a reboot. On xbox a hard restart is more like rebooting your pc. On xbox if we hold the power button for 10 secs it basically stops all activity and reboots the xbox.

If the lobby leader is having this issue its a good chance that it will corrupt the entire room.

Thanks for the input, but yes, I always do a Hard Re-Start after each game is closed. It's amazing how many tricks we do to try to get it to work, but in the end it fails time after time. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I must not know how to run this game on an XBOOne console. I thought it would be like any other racing game. Install it, set it up, run some races. Oh well, maybe in a couple of months.

MrA2theK
19-03-2018, 18:57
Even if you have great wifi you can't beat hardwiring it, routers can have "blips" with wifi signals causing issues with online gaming.