PDA

View Full Version : Support question: Sauber C9 Daytona Oval

BrainsBush
04-03-2018, 21:05
For some reason I cannot match the topspeed and thus reasonable fastest times when hotlapping with the Sauber C9 around Daytona Oval.
I used the setups* of the top 5 times (all with e.g. turboboost at 100%). I tried all assists off which is my default but also with 'authentic'.
First lap is the warmup lap but I expected lap 2,3,4 to be able to follow the ghost car. Immediately when passing the start/finish line the ghost car flashes away in the far distance? Overall 2,5 seconds slower.

Am I missing something? I even used the DRS/KERS buttons on my wheel. haha you never know ;) Probably I'm doing something wrong or missing the simple clue?
Is it setup related or just my (lack of) driving skills

Who is willing to help me. Thx! Brian

*thanks for sharing the setups. I'm a racer not an engineer :encouragement:

Invincible
04-03-2018, 21:52
When it is only for TT, close the radiator and the brake ducts, zero wing and raise the cold tire pressures by 0.4 bar all around. The overblown tire sucks for driveability and grip but it gives you less rolling resistance so you can get higher speeds.

blinkngone
05-03-2018, 00:06
For some reason I cannot match the topspeed and thus reasonable fastest times when hotlapping with the Sauber C9 around Daytona Oval.
I used the setups* of the top 5 times (all with e.g. turboboost at 100%). I tried all assists off which is my default but also with 'authentic'.
First lap is the warmup lap but I expected lap 2,3,4 to be able to follow the ghost car. Immediately when passing the start/finish line the ghost car flashes away in the far distance? Overall 2,5 seconds slower.

Am I missing something? I even used the DRS/KERS buttons on my wheel. haha you never know ;) Probably I'm doing something wrong or missing the simple clue?
Is it setup related or just my (lack of) driving skills

Who is willing to help me. Thx! Brian

*thanks for sharing the setups. I'm a racer not an engineer :encouragement:

Which one are you running, the C9 or C9 LM? I don't think you will be able to keep up with the top cars because the Group C1 cars were changed with the new 4.0 Patch. Look for times set from 2/9 or later. With the C9 this is the closest I could come to my Patch 3.0 time. Use my setup but raise the tire pressures to maximum, you should be able to get close to this. That would put you right behind HBR Roadhog.

blinkngone
05-03-2018, 10:08
Oh Fudge, I see your platform is listed as PC but your signature is PS4Pro. You can't drive my car. What time have managed to run in TT?
I tried to repeat your findings. When I shared a setup from the TT the tire pressures were low. I tested numerous cars. I got similar results to those you described. The only solution I found was to maximize the tire pressure. With low tire pressure my top speed was limited to 235 and you need to be in the 240s. With higher tire pressures the best time I have managed with the LM version is 0:37.519.

BrainsBush
05-03-2018, 11:00
Thanks! I will try tonight. I still have my PS4 Pro but changed to PC about 6 months ago.

I tried the LM version. I just used the setup of others without changing anything. So now I will try to increase tire pressure to max and give both versions a run.
My "best" time so far is a impressive 39:040....

Does that mean the saved setups we can use do not save the tire pressure they used? Or will they be tweaked back after they set a top time?

blinkngone
05-03-2018, 11:17
Thanks! I will try tonight. I still have my PS4 Pro but changed to PC about 6 months ago.

I tried the LM version. I just used the setup of others without changing anything. So now I will try to increase tire pressure to max and give both versions a run.
My "best" time so far is a impressive 39:040....

Does that mean the saved setups we can use do not save the tire pressure they used? Or will they be tweaked back after they set a top time?
I think it's the changes they made in the patch, if you are back on PC use my setups, I have already adjusted things for the new patch with the LM. For the non LM just try various setups and maximize the tire pressure, if you are still having problems getting close to 37.358 I will have to post my setup because you can only share my old one. For me the tires really changed with the patch, I had to maximize the tire pressures to get even close to where I was. I/you can't overcome the changes they made to the rotational inertia.

Your current best is right in line with my findings as well so cheer up, things will improve dramatically when you get home.:D

From the patch notes:
Group C and IMSA GTP: increased engine rotational inertia, new tyre carcass, and re-balance of adhesive vs ‘rip grip’. Bump Stop lengths also reviewed, as was lift:drag ratio on all cars. Fuel consumptions also addressed.
Group C cars: adjusted FFB for latest changes to tyres.

BrainsBush
05-03-2018, 18:02
Indeed with max tire pressure 37:360/37:600. Due to the other changes after the patch time cannot match the pre patch times. Good for now. Was just a try out. Thanks again for your support!

blinkngone
05-03-2018, 18:27
Indeed with max tire pressure 37:360/37:600. Due to the other changes after the patch time cannot match the pre patch times. Good for now. Was just a try out. Thanks again for your support!

Cool. The Group C1 cars were all affected by the 4.0 Patch. I accidently took your Silverstone National DBR1/300 WR at Silverstone National, I didn't know it was you. Go ahead and try my setup there, I think you can get it back.