PDA

View Full Version : Whould this work as a button box?

RookieRaceline
05-03-2018, 07:11
So - i know i can use a keyboard on xbox now, just plugging it into the USB, so i have been considering a number pad, to assign buttons for the features i can't fit onto my wheel.
But then i was this! Do you think it would work on Xbox one? it connects with USB too, has tons of buttons and sliders (including on/off buttons, and was hopping i could use the joystick for seat position)

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/product/farm-simulator-side-panel

Invincible
05-03-2018, 07:36
So - i know i can use a keyboard on xbox now, just plugging it into the USB, so i have been considering a number pad, to assign buttons for the features i can't fit onto my wheel.
But then i was this! Do you think it would work on Xbox one? it connects with USB too, has tons of buttons and sliders (including on/off buttons, and was hopping i could use the joystick for seat position)

It probably would and at first I got excited as I'm looking for something like this too, but damn... 129 GBP? Not going to spend that on a few buttons and switches.

RookieRaceline
05-03-2018, 07:45
It probably would and at first I got excited as I'm looking for something like this too, but damn... 129 GBP? Not going to spend that on a few buttons and switches.

Do some googling - you can get it cheaper than through Logitech..Still a bit pricy though.. On the other hand.. a number pad, still costs a little, so it could be something to consider :)

Invincible
05-03-2018, 07:55
Do some googling - you can get it cheaper than through Logitech..Still a bit pricy though.. On the other hand.. a number pad, still costs a little, so it could be something to consider :)

Yeeaah, but no. Cheapest I've found was 114 €, which is still too much for my taste. Even if the small joystick would be great for the ICM and / or looking around.
And a mechanical numpad goes for around 20 €. I would just have to remove a few buttons to make blind identification easier.

RookieRaceline
05-03-2018, 07:59
Still not sure if the on/off buttons will work though, or it will register them as being continually pressed (turning the feature on/off repeatedly)...
i am still considering it, even though the pricetag may be higher... hadn't thought of the ICM and joystic..! now i don't know if i'd use it for that or the seat position LOL

Invincible
05-03-2018, 08:10
Still not sure if the on/off buttons will work though, or it will register them as being continually pressed (turning the feature on/off repeatedly)...
i am still considering it, even though the pricetag may be higher... hadn't thought of the ICM and joystic..! now i don't know if i'd use it for that or the seat position LOL

You can use it for both if you want to. Set activate ICM to the white button on top of the joystick and double-occupy the joystick movements. It works at least just fine for the funky switch on my wheel. Once you're in the ICM menue, the seat movement should be deactivated.

I've just found this - might work just as fine :D and you can get it from Amazon for 39 €.

Broadswordnottm
06-03-2018, 11:51
I just use PC keyboard. It works really well.

RookieRaceline
06-03-2018, 14:39
Logitech support just wrote back, stating the system requirements, stating that it is compatible with Windows 7,8.1,10 and Mac 10.10 (i did tell them that i had noticed that, and if they knew wether it would work on xbox).

Still trying to get a reply if their developers could plug it into an xbox and test it, but i don't have too high hopes og getting a correct answer from them.