PDA

View Full Version : Pit Crew Mistakes ( or just worthless pit crew? )

iggy
05-03-2018, 12:55
This weekend, I was racing online , where I'm pretty sure pit stop mistakes were turned on, and I had what I see as a pretty odd pit stop... even when considering pit stop mistakes were on.

So, the scene is that I'm running in 4th place, on the 11th lap of a 35 lap race with a required ( mandatory ) pit stop needed at Dubai... I'd just had a spin a lap or two earlier and there was a 6 second gap between myself and 3rd place, I was coming up on some lap traffic, and it seemed like a good idea to pit in and get my mandatory pit stop out of the way... I go in with zero damage, pit stop should only be for 1 liter of fuel and then I should be on my way...

I get into the pit box, fuel goes in... 4 seconds should be pretty typical for this type of stop. Then... the graphics show there is repair work being done... yet, well, there should have been no need for any repairs, let alone one that takes 28 seconds.

So, is this all just chalked up to random 'mistakes' on this pit stop or what?

Annoying to say the least... Considering I was 36 seconds out of 1st place , and about 28 seconds behind 2nd place at the end of the race, I can only wonder what might have been...

https://youtu.be/HD-302FnMR4

HockeyNick30
05-03-2018, 12:58
I've had a random "mechanical problem" relayed to me by the crew chief once I stopped in the box, so maybe chalk it up to randomness? Easily added 45 seconds to the stop.

iggy
05-03-2018, 13:05
I've had a random "mechanical problem" relayed to me by the crew chief once I stopped in the box, so maybe chalk it up to randomness? Easily added 45 seconds to the stop.

Maybe that's what happened, I had 'chat' sent to headphones that I wasn't wearing ( on PS4 chat is so loud compared to race sounds , it's really hard to leave it on and actually concentrate on the race , without fear that some random mic sounds come in and scare the crap out of you)... so anyway, if there was some talk of a 'mechanical' failure, I wasn't able to hear it.

Mahjik
05-03-2018, 14:50
If you have the race engineer enabled, it should let you know if there is a mechanical problem. I would also suggest you set Damage Repair to be off/none in your strategy unless you know you actually want to fix something.

AbeWoz
05-03-2018, 14:53
if you had any sort of damage at all, they will repair it. even slight aero damage. Also, they may have been replacing your brake pads/rotors if you had all repair options set to 'yes'

CoproManiac
05-03-2018, 16:13
That's caused by the Pitstop Mistakes option. I've had the same issue in the past, 30 seconds of repairs while I had no damage and had pitstop repairs set to off.

iggy
05-03-2018, 16:24
My strategy was to add 1 Liter of fuel, no tires, no repairs... nothing but 1 liter of fuel. If you look at the video, there were absolutely no indications of any damage from the HUD, everything said '0'...

Call me crazy, but I don't know why a pit crew or crew chief on their own would decide that repairs were needed, when I myself as the driver give them no indications of any problem.

AbeWoz
05-03-2018, 16:26