PDA

View Full Version : Engine damage

Johnny Tavares
05-03-2018, 12:49
Is there a difference in performance if your engine is 20 damage or 5? The greater the damage I have the less performace or there is no difference until the break?

Invincible
05-03-2018, 13:20
Is there a difference in performance if your engine is 20 damage or 5? The greater the damage I have the less performace or there is no difference until the break?

I definitely looses power. The higher the damage is, the higher the power loss.

Atak Kat
05-03-2018, 14:34
I was in this situation this weekend (Bathurst). My engine was getting worse and worse each lap.

I would estimate that below 15-20, you don't notice too much power loss. Maybe there is, but I don't think it's dramatic.

By the end of the race I had about 55+ damage to my engine. It was an orangish colour in the damage graphic. I could certainly notice the power loss, acceleration was slower, top speed slower, but it was not a complete disaster. I chose to do the last couple laps crippled and try to hold my 3rd place (I had about 10 seconds gap to 4th), rather than pit in for a long repair, but I think the damage I was doing each lap was just getting worse and worse. I think I finished still with about 3-4 seconds gap to 4th, but I don't know if he was also damaged. How much longer I could have gone??? Tough to say, but maybe another couple of laps.

Johnny Tavares
05-03-2018, 16:52
Thank you!! your reports were very important to me !!

GenBrien
05-03-2018, 19:12
oil temp over about 115c will get your engine damaged really quick