PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes Whenever I Try To Start A Race (X1X)

ARusling
05-03-2018, 21:57
I believe this issue has been caused in the 4.0 update, as I haven't encountered this issue before. Using the Xbox One X.

Basically, when I start up PC2, no matter what race I try to start, the game will immediately freeze when I press 'Start'. The music in the game continues to play, but the game is completely unresponsive. I have tried force closing the game and restarting, but the game will then crash at the Bandai Namco screen and return me to the Xbox Home. It is only when I start another game or completely restart my Xbox that I am able to return to PC2, but even then I still end up with the game crashing as soon as I try to start a race.

At this point, the game is genuinely unplayable for me. Surely there is a fix for this?!

Edit: I may have found a clue, but no workaround as of yet. When I go into Custom Event, I am able to select any car/track combination. However, when I try to change the race settings, the game immediately crashes and returns me to the Xbox Home screen. I noticed that the weather settings look particularly odd, almost as if they are corrupt somehow. I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/Hmh9GH7.jpg

transfix
06-03-2018, 12:41
Have you tried these steps?

1. Hard reset ( unplug Xbox from wall, wait a good 20 secs, restart)
2. Refresh dashboard ( LT+RT+Y )
3. Clear persistent cache ( under blu ray settings) shouldn’t make a big difference but never hurts to try.
4. Last resort fresh install. ( I make it a habit to clean install for big updates)

ARusling
06-03-2018, 13:41
Have you tried these steps?

1. Hard reset ( unplug Xbox from wall, wait a good 20 secs, restart)
2. Refresh dashboard ( LT+RT+Y )
3. Clear persistent cache ( under blu ray settings) shouldn’t make a big difference but never hurts to try.
4. Last resort fresh install. ( I make it a habit to clean install for big updates)

I've tried the hard reset method and all this does is allow me to get past the Bandai Namco screen. The game still crashes when I try to start a race.

Last night I put my Xbox in offline mode, deleted my internal save data and uninstalled the game. I then reinstalled the game via disc (without updates) and the game worked fine. I went back online to download the updates and will try again tonight when I'm home, but I'm just trying to work out whether the issue is with my save data or my install.

ShneebnaMRR108
25-04-2018, 18:10
Also, DON'T close XBOX with the controller, use the XBOX white button, and hold for 10 seconds. Closing with controller does not flush RAM out.