PDA

View Full Version : [Workarounds in OP]New Porsche DLC is broken/bugged.

sVig
06-03-2018, 09:07
Specifically the new Porsche 935/78 and 935/78-81. Basically the turbo just doesn't work. On either car. You can raise the boost pressure and it makes no difference. In fact both cars will only produce 400hp, half of the 800hp they should be able to. They both wont get over 150mph either. Don't know about all the rest of the pack as I haven't used them all yet.

Some help please Devs?

PS4 version on the PS4 Pro btw.

workarounds:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486654&viewfull=1#post1486654

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486920&viewfull=1#post1486920

Invincible
06-03-2018, 09:22
Specifically the new Porsche 935/78 and 935/78-81. Basically the turbo just doesn't work. On either car. You can raise the boost pressure and it makes no difference. In fact both cars will only produce 400hp, half of the 800hp they should be able to. They both wont get over 150mph either. Don't know about all the rest of the pack as I haven't used them all yet.

Some help please Devs?

PS4 version on the PS4 Pro btw.

Which session was that? Was is private test session by chance.

blinkngone
06-03-2018, 09:49
Oh, on PC in TT at least at Daytona it appears to work. The 917/10 and K as well as the RSR all working for me.
917/10 Private Testing.
935/78-81 Private Testing.

RoccoTTS
06-03-2018, 09:52
Just tested the 935/78 and i have full horsepower when i set turbo boost at 100%. I do noticed the power is limited to about 400 hp when you are driving in the rev limiter, so when you set the car in N and push the gas until rev limiter you only see 400 hp. When driving the car, i see full 800+ hp.

Sessionerror
06-03-2018, 09:54
Someone in our community reported only 400 hp on XBOX as well. Hm, those reports remind me a bit of this one: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61427-Reported-Audi-quattro-group-b-broken-since-patch-4

Ofnir4
06-03-2018, 09:58
I drove it at le Mans last night, top speed was 250kph in third gear... True to it's name, without the turbo, it's just a fat whale beached on the side of Mulsanne. :p

RoccoTTS
06-03-2018, 10:17
Just tested it at Le Mans, at 75% boost 320+ km/h and at 100% boost 330+ km/h. So on pc no problem.

APR193
06-03-2018, 11:18
I've got the same issue as well. 100% boost = 395HP at Brands Hatch

Bealdor
06-03-2018, 11:21
The devs are on it.

APR193
06-03-2018, 11:27
If its any help to find the cause it affects the AI as well

sVig
06-03-2018, 11:39
The devs are on it.

Ok, cheers

sVig
06-03-2018, 11:40
Which session was that? Was is private test session by chance.

Can't remember tbh. Quite possibly yes.

Bavarian Turbo
06-03-2018, 11:41
looks like the Turbo is not included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRyth6MebUI

Bealdor
06-03-2018, 11:45
Threads merged.

micmansour
06-03-2018, 11:49
The devs are on it.

Note, the 959 also has the same problem on Ps4, limited to about 340hp and no turbo boost

Bealdor
06-03-2018, 11:53
Note, the 959 also has the same problem on Ps4, limited to about 340hp and no turbo boost

Thanks, the devs are already aware of this car too.

bytecruncher26
06-03-2018, 12:36
I was on Nordschleife TT with the Moby Dick Gr5, and it works..so i dont know :ambivalence: Topdspeed on Doettinger High was around 340/41KMH

sVig
06-03-2018, 13:35

I haven't used the 959 yet. Damn, this as well :(

Sessionerror
06-03-2018, 13:59
I was on Nordschleife TT with the Moby Dick Gr5, and it works..so i dont know :ambivalence: Topdspeed on Doettinger High was around 340/41KMH

Looks like a console only issue so far.

Franco Ferrari
06-03-2018, 14:50
I'm sure they'll fix it in a couple of days or so.

Chomps_McGee
07-03-2018, 00:31
Tried out the 959 and both variants of the 935 and none of them were producing any boost. Checked the engine section in the tuning screen and they were all set to 75% boost, went ahead and cranked them up to full boost and still nothing. Boost gauge in the cockpit doesn't budge and even the 935 was struggling to hit 160 on the Nordschleife and final gear might has well not even existed. Anyone else experiencing this? This was on a base PS4 btw.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 00:41
It's a known issue and the devs are on it apparently.

Juiced46
07-03-2018, 02:52
Downloaded the DLC today. I jumped into the Porsche 935/78-81. The game shows it has 800hp and so does some internet searching. In game with boost @ 100% the car is making around 380hp @ redline and its a dog. I have tried on Redbull ring, spa and spa historic and all are right around 380hp. This is on Xbox One X. I tried to capture a vid but its not working. Can someone else test this car out and see if it is doing the same thing?

EDIT: Mods-delete or merge if needed. I see its been talked about in a thread on page 2. I cannot delete this thread.

Pepperoni
07-03-2018, 06:50
Sounds like your wastegate is stuck open. Have you tried spraying some WD40 on it?

Bealdor
07-03-2018, 06:58
Threads merged.

Lord of the Racing
07-03-2018, 09:48
The issue is affecting Ps4 version

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 10:17
So ... another thing we messed up and feel bad about, none of which actually helps fix the game, but I think you deserve some explanation, and an apology (sorry!), at the very least.

Firstly - the issues affects both consoles, not PC. It's actually a problem with the way console updates are installed/patched. The way this is done is complicated, and without going into detail (which I'm probably not allowed to do anyway), harder for developers to test than it perhaps should be. In this case, it meant the issue didn't occur with our internal "full" development builds. QA should still have caught it, but, well, mistakes happen. We have now updated our internal processes to make sure nothing like this can happen again.

The "good" news is that we have now fixed the problem, but of course that doesn't help anybody who has the issue right now. We'll get the next update out as soon as we can, but this is never as quick as we'd like it to be (for various reasons - it certainly isn't like doing a PC patch though, as we were able to do quickly last week for example).

In the meantime, there is a workaround that allows the cars to be driven as intended, but unfortunately it's rather a painful one. Essentially, the turbo gets broken when the car is "previewed" in the car selection menu, and you have to preview it to select it, so the workaround is:

Go into car select.
Select the car.
Go into options and controllers then back out to trigger a save.
Restart the game.
Race said car with correct turbo (make sure you do not enter car select at all).

... again, I know that this is far from practical as a workaround, but it is perhaps better than nothing for now.

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 10:27
We tried the 935 in Xbox One private multiplayer identical cars race last night and 2 of us had full power in the telemetry screen but the other 6 had no turbo at all. I'm only guessing but could it be because the two of us who had turbo had used the car before in single player and thus overcome the problem?

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 10:32
We tried the 935 in Xbox One private multiplayer identical cars race last night and 2 of us had full power in the telemetry screen but the other 6 had no turbo at all. I'm only guessing but could it be because the two of us who had turbo had used the car before in single player and thus overcome the problem?
Something like that yes. Just having used it in single player isn't enough though - the act of selecting the car will break the turbo, unless the game is restarted completely (although it's certainly possible there are other UI sequences which "fix" it, but we're not aware of any at this point).

EDIT - in other words, if you'd used that car in a previous game session, without "re-selecting" it, the turbo would work.

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 11:00
Something like that yes. Just having used it in single player isn't enough though - the act of selecting the car will break the turbo, unless the game is restarted completely (although it's certainly possible there are other UI sequences which "fix" it, but we're not aware of any at this point).

EDIT - in other words, if you'd used that car in a previous game session, without "re-selecting" it, the turbo would work.

Thank you, I suspect it was the case that we had been using the car earlier in single player and then started the game later in the day to join the race.

Also thank you for the openness (where possible) and the apology this earns trust and respect from me and I'm sure many others. I don't expect perfection and the positive approach SMS are taking to acknowledging and fixing issues (huge thank you again to Doug and his team for the AI improvements) is so good to see. Organisations with a growth mindset and belief in learning from failure and setbacks are usually the best ones to work for and, for most of us, be a customer of. Keep up the good work, the racing with the other cars is thrilling, that little 908/03 Spyder is intoxicating to keep just about in control.

headder
07-03-2018, 11:03
Why the Porsche 911 GT3 R and 911 RSR GTE sound so bad? The GT3 doesn't sound like the real one, not to mention the RSR GTE which sounds like my lanmower. Of course both of them are superior in terms of car feeling, especially the new 911 RSR GTE, but... hey! Without proper soundpack, you kill the immersion. I want to hear the GT3 gearbox whine and RSR exhaust scream like in real world :)

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 11:13
Normal service resumed :D

Franco Ferrari
07-03-2018, 11:42
Probably joining a multiplayer lobby that is set with the same car for all, without the need to select it manually, will also do as a workaround.
But that means that at least one player (the host) must have selected the car once, and thus he'll be the only one to have the broken turbo.

Sessionerror
07-03-2018, 11:46
Probably joining a multiplayer lobby that is set with the same car for all, without the need to select it manually, will also do as a workaround.
But that means that at least one player (the host) must have selected the car once, and thus he'll be the only one to have the broken turbo.

Online championships should work though. The creator assigns the cars and liveries for each player, saves the championship, restarts his console and everyone should be able to drive their assigned car, incl. the host.

Well, our next group b series (Audi quattro S1 is affected as well) race takes place in four weeks, I'm confident we'll have a fix until then :)

Konan
07-03-2018, 11:49
Why the Porsche 911 GT3 R and 911 RSR GTE sound so bad? The GT3 doesn't sound like the real one, not to mention the RSR GTE which sounds like my lanmower. Of course both of them are superior in terms of car feeling, especially the new 911 RSR GTE, but... hey! Without proper soundpack, you kill the immersion. I want to hear the GT3 gearbox whine and RSR exhaust scream like in real world :)

Try reading before writing next time...all has been explained.

Ofnir4
07-03-2018, 11:55
On a similar note, refueling animations for the GT3R, GT3R and RSR aren't consistent, despite having the fuel probe go in similar positions.

The non endurance version has the correct refill animation (the fuel guy just can't go far enough the middle to reach the dry brake in the middle of the hood).
The 24h version gets refilled behind the driver.
The RSR also gets refilled behind the driver.

The thing is, the GT3R animation is SPOT ON for the RSR, the fuel probe goes halfway between the middle of the hood and the side end of the car.
The orientation of the fuel probe is also spot on.

So, can this be looked into ? Can the animation sets be switched so that all three cars share the same refueling point.
I know the GT3R and RSR don't have the same wheelbase, maybe that is an issue with the wheel gun men's position relative to the actual wheels of the car.

falm
07-03-2018, 12:26
Normal service resumed :D

Good to see that you did not lose your humor. :) Thanks for all the open explaining and as we say here in Austria "shit happens". There are sill many other cars to mess around until the fix will arrive.

Still the best racing game for me on PS4, even Chuck approves:

headder
07-03-2018, 12:44
Try reading before writing next time...all has been explained.

I don't see anything about sound from devs in this topic. Maybe in another one but not in this one.

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 12:48
This topic is about the turbo issue.

Konan
07-03-2018, 12:50
I don't see anything about sound from devs in this topic. Maybe in another one but not in this one.

Search box top right hand corner...
I'll save you the time though...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61628-DLC-Porsche-Legends&p=1485882&viewfull=1#post1485882

Now back on topic please...

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 12:53
Xbox One video of the turbo power workaround:

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the temetry scree to see the power figures at 38 seconds on the start line the car is producing less than 400bhp and the same once in motion. After the game restart at 2m30s the full 700+ bhp are available on the grid and once in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNkOjOJECA

This was captured by streaming to PC and I sped up the loading screen because we've all seen those often enough I'm sure ;)

MrA2theK
07-03-2018, 13:10
Was this not tested before release then? How does something as huge as that slip through the net?

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 13:14
Sigh.

Invincible
07-03-2018, 13:17
Was this not tested before release then? How does something as huge as that slip through the net?

This Post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486654&viewfull=1#post1486654

Read it. Don't reply, don't comment. Just read it.

@Andy: I really don't envy you for your job when I see such situations.

headder
07-03-2018, 13:29
Search box top right hand corner...
I'll save you the time though...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61628-DLC-Porsche-Legends&p=1485882&viewfull=1#post1485882

Now back on topic please...

Really? Do you really need to be rude?

I know the search box and how to use it! So stop acting like a child.

Since there was a topic about DLC which this is. I wrote here about the bugged DLC and about the sounds which are really weak.
Why are you trying to make me to look like an idiot?

Is this your first time being a moderator or not? You should be friendly and not offensive. However this behaviour is not community friendly at all.

PS. I don't have a time to search through tons of topics about the same DLC in order to find out if someone wrote or mentioned the sound.

Franco Ferrari
07-03-2018, 15:24
Well... that escalated quickly.

Anyway, there is this helpful link on the top LEFT corner, that blue one called SMS POSTS.
It shows only things posted by actual SMS Devs.
You can always check throught those, they're far less numerous.

Also, if you click on a user's nickname, it shows some additional tools one of which is "View Forum Posts" which show only the post from that user.

ShneebnaMRR108
07-03-2018, 15:39
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486654&viewfull=1#post1486654

This is one of the best forum responses I've seen to date, and it gives hope to the group in general. But, that being said, the internal processes being put into place to prevent future issues (corrective actions) are not actually valid to a customer unless they can be verified by objective evidence that the procedures are actually updated, released and controlled by a number system. And further, these procedures can't be confirmed or deemed suitable until future evidence shows that subsequent releases are free from previous indicated error items. It's most likely that SMS can't divulge such items publicly, but at least the number and revision level of the procedure/s could be given as some assurance that this is more than just a blanket statement.

I hope that the statement made is true and effective, but at this point, I'm past hoping, and would rather be assured that the organization is truly serious about satisfying their customers by providing real evidence of change methods. It sounds like SMS is doing the right thing, but IMO (and yes it's just my opinion) a customer should be satisfied going forward with actual evidence of change.

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 15:47

This is one of the best forum responses I've seen to date, and it gives hope to the group in general. But, that being said, the internal processes being put into place to prevent future issues (corrective actions) are not actually valid to a customer unless they can be verified by objective evidence that the procedures are actually updated, released and controlled by a number system. And further, these procedures can't be confirmed or deemed suitable until future evidence shows that subsequent releases are free from previous indicated error items. It's most likely that SMS can't divulge such items publicly, but at least the number and revision level of the procedure/s could be given as some assurance that this is more than just a blanket statement.

I hope that the statement made is true and effective, but at this point, I'm past hoping, and would rather be assured that the organization is truly serious about satisfying their customers by providing real evidence of change methods. It sounds like SMS is doing the right thing, but IMO (and yes it's just my opinion) a customer should be satisfied going forward with actual evidence of change.
Interesting reply - overlooking the implication that I might have been outright lying, I can't give you a "number and revision level of the procedures", because we don't work like that. Quite simply, I asked/told the (development) handling team to add a final test of all cars in patch install format to their pre-release checklist in future.

(I think it might be time to retreat back into my hole ... getting difficult to remain calm and objective now.)

ShneebnaMRR108
07-03-2018, 15:57
I was certainly NOT implying anyone was lying. A statement is a statement. But that's about it, but I do feel better that you actually did explain in more detail about what was the content in the "updating process" and that a "checklist" actually exists.
Hope is there, remain calm and objective.

Konan
07-03-2018, 15:57
Not sure anymore but does C.A.R.S. Mean:

-Criticise
-All
-Reacting
-Staff

:(

Thanks anyway for trying Andy...:cool:

sas5320
07-03-2018, 16:07
It's fortunate for us SMS is communicating and fixing...it's unfortunate this game engine is so buggy however. Previewing a car "breaks the turbo"....seriously? What's next? Changing the livery deflates the tyres? QA team must feel like Atlas trying to roll this Madness Engine uphill constantly.

Bealdor
07-03-2018, 16:12
It's fortunate for us SMS is communicating and fixing...it's unfortunate this game engine is so buggy however. Previewing a car "breaks the turbo"....seriously? What's next? Changing the livery deflates the tyres? QA team must feel like Atlas trying to roll this Madness Engine uphill constantly.

Welcome to software development where bugs can happen for the most dubious reasons.
No software/developer is safe from such kind of freaky issues and that's no indication for a bad engine.

ShneebnaMRR108
07-03-2018, 16:13
-Confirm
-All
-Replied
-Statements

Yes, I agree, thank you Andy!

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 16:21
Welcome to software development where bugs can happen for the most dubious reasons.
No software/developer is safe from such kind of freaky issues and that's no indication for a bad engine.
Quite. And game development specifically is harder than most - pushing relatively new, often poorly documented (!), hardware, to its absolute limits. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Having said that, I most definitely wish our released bug level was lower; there are a few different reasons why it isn't, and unfortunately I can't go into those here. We are constantly trying to improve (in areas we can have an effect) though. Believe it or not, we did make an improvement between Project CARS 1 and 2, but we're still nowhere near where we want to be.

I console (no pun intended) myself with genuinely believing that, despite these issues, we've made a great game overall, which offers good value for money. I do take a lot of pride in that, which on the flip side also means I get disproportionately upset when I see some of the angry comments here regarding bugs, even minor ones.

EDIT - not looking for sympathy or praise here, far from it - if it helps people understand the reality a bit better though, resulting in any kind of a reduction in the "you're s**t" posts we see so often here, great!

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 17:00
Back to the turbo issue, there is another workaround, slightly less painful perhaps - it turns out that it's not actually selecting the affected car in itself that triggers the issue, but highlighting a specific different car (or cars) as you navigate to it! I know this is weird, but bear with me ... the following are instructions from QA for the affected cars. Essentially it means changing the vehicle filter to "group by classes", then highlighting the class specified below, before attempting to select the car in question. Following this method means you can select the problem cars "normally", without having to restart the game.

Porsche DLC:
Porsche 959 - Select Via Class E
Porsche 935/78 - Select Via Group 5
Porsche 935/78-81 - Select Via Group 5

Fun Pack DLC:
Audi Sport S1 quattro - Select Via Group B

... apologies again, I know this is messy, but I want to be transparent about it so that some time and frustration can be saved, ahead of the next update.

(If somebody could confirm this works for them, I'd appreciate it.)

EDIT - the "cars to avoid" essentially are the Porsche 936 and Audi 90 IMSA - once you've highlighted one of those in the car selection menu, the other Porsche turbos, or the Audi S1, will be broken for the duration of that game session.

Ofnir4
07-03-2018, 17:09
Back to the turbo issue, there is another workaround, slightly less painful perhaps - it turns out that it's not actually selecting the affected car in itself that triggers the issue, but highlighting a specific different car (or cars) as you navigate to it! I know this is weird, but bear with me ... the following are instructions from QA for the affected cars. Essentially it means changing the vehicle filter to "group by classes", then highlighting the class specified below, before attempting to select the car in question. Following this method means you can select the problem cars "normally", without having to restart the game.

... apologies again, I know this is messy, but I want to be transparent about it so that some time and frustration can be saved, ahead of the next update.

Out of one try only, it worked.

Ofnir4
07-03-2018, 17:15
But selecting a livery through that method still removes the turbo.

cpcdem
07-03-2018, 17:20
(I think it might be time to retreat back into my hole ... getting difficult to remain calm and objective now.)

That's because you are mainly/mostly seeing the posts of the people who reply/post in a certain specific way...Unfortunately you do not get to feel the great appreciation from a lot of other people for seeing your (and all devs') posts and insights, people who are very glad and thankful about this will not make 10 posts saying that over and over again.. I really hope you guys will continue posting here, although I realize how much it may hurt seeing some responses at times.

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 17:23
I console myself with genuinely believing that, despite these issues, we've made a great game overall, which offers good value for money. I do take a lot of pride in that, which on the flip side also means I get disproportionately upset when I see some of the angry comments here regarding bugs, even minor ones.

EDIT - not looking for sympathy or praise here, far from it - if it helps people understand the reality a bit better though, resulting in any kind of a reduction in the "you're s**t" posts we see so often here, great!

It's human nature to feel the weight of negative comments and feedback more than the positive comments - without getting into the science of it all, it's a basic function of the brain. You're openly telling us you are learning , making changes and doing all you can and based on the last 2 patches I believe that, SMS have won me over with the quality and willingness to keep refining the product this time around.

I know from bitter experience how much negative reviews sting though and I highly recommend this book: Thanks for the Feedback the science and art of receiving feedback *even when it's off base, unfair poorly delivered and frankly, you're not in the mood http://stoneandheen.com/books#thanks-feedback

I also know I'm not alone, from the likes on previous comments, in valuing your willingness to communicate openly with us and I hope it continues.

John Hargreaves
07-03-2018, 17:29
Yeah, it seems that people who are pleased with some aspect of the game only feel the need to say it once, but anyone who is upset that feature xyz isn't just how they imagined it have to do it 20 times. Guys, we heard you the first time.

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 17:33
I understand that people won't generally come here to post "everything works ok"; that's fine and just the way of things. So naturally the vast majority of posts will be along negative lines, but when written in a reasonable way at least, they can/will usually help us (constructive criticism in other words). There is a rather large amount of ... destructive criticism though, and this is something I find hard to deal with. I know it's pointless to get upset by it, but when you care so much, it's hard to avoid it!

(Again, first world problems - I'm a lucky b*****d and should stop whingeing.)

Konan
07-03-2018, 17:33
Guys, we heard you the first time.

LOL...you do know this is a written forum right?
Or are those voices in your head acting up again? :p

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 17:36
Yeah, it seems that people who are pleased with some aspect of the game only feel the need to say it once, but anyone who is upset that feature xyz isn't just how they imagined it have to do it 20 times. Guys, we heard you the first time.

Absolutely, the vast majority of people enjoy this game so don't feel the need to post about it. It's always the vocal minority who get the most attention... if they're not happy with some detail then by god everyone's going hear about it... again and again and again. Then they complain about something else.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 17:39
LOL...you do know this is a written forum right?
Or are those voices in your head acting up again? :p

Could you post that again in bold format with caps lock on Konan... I'm going a bit deaf in my dotage.

Konan
Absolutely, the vast majority of people enjoy this game so don't feel the need to post about it. It's always the vocal minority who get the most attention... if they're not happy with some detail then by god everyone's going hear about it... again and again and again. Then they complain about something else.

...not if the mighty hammer deals with them first...

(Joke)

Franco Ferrari
a customer should be satisfied going forward with actual evidence of change.

Maybe I'm a bit revolutionary here, but bugs being corrected should be enough evidence for anyone, even without any insight into the correction method.

Also, any bug is unique.
Solving one, doesn't mean you are now free from future similar bugs.
Create or refine a complex procedure, to ensure that a bug you just solved doesn't show up again in the future, doesn't mean said procedure would work against another bug.
And yes... changing (even fixing!) something here, does and certainly will break something else there.

Believe me: next october will be 20 years of career in software development for me... and I still have some bugs to fix.

Konan
07-03-2018, 17:40
Could you post that again in bold format with caps lock on Konan... I'm going a bit deaf in my dotage.

WHAT???

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 17:42
I understand that people won't generally come here to post "everything works ok"; that's fine and just the way of things. So naturally the vast majority of posts will be along negative lines, but when written in a reasonable way at least, they can/will usually help us (constructive criticism in other words). There is a rather large amount of ... destructive criticism though, and this is something I find hard to deal with. I know it's pointless to get upset by it, but when you care so much, it's hard to avoid it!

Actually, this is a weird forum where most stuff I read is either very positive or just asking how to get the best from the game... you're obviously doing something very wrong/right (delete as appropriate)!

Cladandadum
07-03-2018, 17:51
I have often wondered if those who complain endlessly about the minutae of a 60-70 game, spend a proportionate amount of their time complaining about the faults of their 200,000 plus home or 15,000 plus car?

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 17:54
Actually, this is a weird forum where most stuff I read is either very positive or just asking how to get the best from the game... you're obviously doing something very wrong/right (delete as appropriate)!
You're right, I did make it sound worse than it actually is there. Obviously for me my eyes are more easily drawn to the negative stuff/bug reports, which explains the perception difference I'm sure.

Invincible
07-03-2018, 17:54
I have often wondered if those who complain endlessly about the minutae of a 60-70 game, spend a proportionate amount of their time complaining about the faults of their 200,000 plus home or 15,000 plus car?

If they would spend a proportionate amount of time, they wouldn't have any time to complain here. Unfortunately

Konan
07-03-2018, 17:55
15,000 plus car?
Now that is funny! :cool:
15,000 plus car.....where do these people come up with it ?
LOOOOOL

cpcdem
07-03-2018, 17:57
You're right, I did make it sound worse than it actually is there. Obviously for me my eyes are more easily drawn to the negative stuff/bug reports, which explains the perception difference I'm sure.

Hmm, or most likely Sum has added a filter or something to some people so he doesn't see the destructive comments :)

Tom Curtis
07-03-2018, 17:57
15,000 plus car?
Now that is funny! :cool:
15,000 plus car.....where do these people come up with it ?
LOOOOOL

I was LoLing at the 200k house. In London that would get me a shed. :)

Invincible
07-03-2018, 17:59

Or a parking spot. No wait, the one I've seen was actually 350k

Cladandadum
07-03-2018, 18:00

It wouldn't get you a converted public toilet in London:D

cpcdem
07-03-2018, 18:00
Or a parking spot. No wait, the one I've seen was actually 350k

To buy or to rent?

edit: :)

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 18:02

EDIT - the "cars to avoid" essentially are the Porsche 936 and Audi 90 IMSA - once you've highlighted one of those in the car selection menu, the other Porsche turbos, or the Audi S1, will be broken for the duration of that game session.

Sadly, no on Xbox One this method only seems to work for the first car selected after a game restart. The first car I select after restart via the 'group' method has full turbo power (eg Road E, 959 S). Selecting any car other via the group method (eg Group 5, 935) after that and turbo power is lost again.

I can capture the full process on Xbox One if helpful for the team.

Edit: here is the clip in full from game start and through the selection process, only working for the first car chosen it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEXCrPrxagM

RomKnight
07-03-2018, 18:04

I actually praised, again, SMS today. And i'm not alone in this but unfortunately, you're right :(

On topic though, there's a colour on the 959S that's called "silBer metallic (IIRC). In any case, shouldn't it be silVer ?

Asturbo
07-03-2018, 18:04
I'm suprised with angry people with some bugs -but none of them gamebreakers- and the tranquility with the terrible Oculus neglect with the certificate. Most people forgives the great companys but are implacable with the small ones.

This Oculus isssue is really a GAMEBREAKER problem from a big big, company, that prevents everybody from playing not only Project Cars but all your other titles.

I doubt that the chiefs of Oculus, responds with the humility of Andy.

Thanks for your explanations Andy, and keep going.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 18:08
I actually praised, again, SMS today. And i'm not alone in this but unfortunately, you're right :(

On topic though, there's a colour on the 959S that's called "silBer metallic (IIRC). In any case, shouldn't it be silVer ?

Hmmm...

http://www.semcocars.com/en/brands/porsche/item/186-porsche-959.html

RoccoTTS
07-03-2018, 18:09

"silber" is German ;)

RomKnight
07-03-2018, 18:17
Well...

Konan
07-03-2018, 18:21
"silber" is German ;)

Yup...Just think about "Die silberpfeile" :cool:

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-03-2018, 18:39
Hmm, or most likely Sum has added a filter or something to some people so he doesn't see the destructive comments :)

Oh I see them alright... they just seem to be by the same people ad nauseum. Most users are pretty much positive in my experience.

Konan
07-03-2018, 18:45
Oh I see them alright... they just seem to be by the same people ad nauseum. Most users are pretty much positive in my experience.

I have to agree on that...it's pretty ok here usually...
Most of those "less constructive posters" pop up after a patch/DLC has been released...

rosko
07-03-2018, 19:21

Appreciate your honesty & effort, you must have better things to do than post on here & its always good to hear from people actually working on the game. I must admit i moan about stuff from time to time but i would rather give my own honest impressions, but would hate to think, you think i didn't realise that you have put a massive amount of effort into this.
Problem is moaning is too easy these days.
I do remember a time b4 the internet, i would stick a cassette into the computer watching the lines, listening to the beeps & hope it wouldn't freeze during loading, not a lot you could do back then. Now we can talk directly about the game & devs can see this & join in if they wish & its very unlikely that the game doesn't load at all.

Zaskarspants
07-03-2018, 19:26
The turbo issues mentioned above don't appear to me as a bug, rather the power loss is due to 75% waste gate setting.

I just loaded the 935/ 78-81 using each selection method and both times the waste gate is set to 75%. Change this to 100% and the power is at it's quoted max.

I know this may muddy the waters a bit but this is how it is on my xbx.

edit - this also occurred yesterday with the other group 5 porsche.

Mark Race
07-03-2018, 19:42
The turbo issues mentioned above don't appear to me as a bug, rather the power loss is due to 75% waste gate setting.

I just loaded the 935/ 78-81 using each selection method and both times the waste gate is set to 75%. Change this to 100% and the power is at it's quoted max.

I know this may muddy the waters a bit but this is how it is on my xbx.

edit - this also occurred yesterday with the other group 5 porsche.

You're absolutely right about the wastegate, the 935 makes about 750bhp at 75% pressure and well over 850bhp at 100% (you'll get about 4 laps engine life with damage on).

However the turbo issue really is a bug, I captured a couple of clips about how to overcome it, what works and doesn't earlier today (about 38s and 2:30 if you just want to see the bhp in the telemetry):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNkOjOJECA

MrA2theK
07-03-2018, 20:17
This Post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486654&viewfull=1#post1486654

Read it. Don't reply, don't comment. Just read it.

@Andy: I really don't envy you for your job when I see such situations.

Apologies for not having the time to read every post on this forum Invincible, and sorry if I offended anybody... absolutely no offence intended.
For the record I am absolutely in love with this game, and I take my hat off to EVERYBODY involved in creating and continually improving it. Thank you

Invincible
07-03-2018, 20:29
Apologies for not having the time to read every post on this forum Invincible, and sorry if I offended anybody... absolutely no offence intended.
For the record I am absolutely in love with this game, and I take my hat off to EVERYBODY involved in creating and continually improving it. Thank you

No one can expect you to read the whole forum, really. But your initial post sounded like you didn't even care if the topic had been answered yet, that's why I posted a rather harsh reply. Pro tipp: Check for developers posts first when you have a problem. Good chance they already replied. That's the big blue "SMS Posts" at the top of the page, in case you have missed it

Zaskarspants
07-03-2018, 20:38
[QUOTE=Mark Race;1487013]You're absolutely right about the wastegate, the 935 makes about 750bhp at 75% pressure and well over 850bhp at 100% (you'll get about 4 laps engine life with damage on).

However the turbo issue really is a bug, I captured a couple of clips about how to overcome it, what works and doesn't earlier today (about 38s and 2:30 if you just want to see the bhp in the telemetry):

I only did 2 laps to check, also the power was very low at 75%, 400 ish bhp iirc, so yes, I see the bug now.

MrA2theK
07-03-2018, 21:03
No one can expect you to read the whole forum, really. But your initial post sounded like you didn't even care if the topic had been answered yet, that's why I posted a rather harsh reply. Pro tipp: Check for developers posts first when you have a problem. Good chance they already replied. That's the big blue "SMS Posts" at the top of the page, in case you have missed it

OK, thanks for the Pro Tip and Harsh reply. :D

Andy Garton
07-03-2018, 22:38
No one can expect you to read the whole forum, really.
The answer had been posted in this very thread (which wasn’t long at the time) though.

fbetes
07-03-2018, 23:07
Sadly, no on Xbox One this method only seems to work for the first car selected after a game restart. The first car I select after restart via the 'group' method has full turbo power (eg Road E, 959 S). Selecting any car other via the group method (eg Group 5, 935) after that and turbo power is lost again.

I can capture the full process on Xbox One if helpful for the team.

Edit: here is the clip in full from game start and through the selection process, only working for the first car chosen it seems.

In my case, selecting by group it doesn't work, try selecting by FULL VEHICLE LIST (LT button in Xbox version, L2 in PS4 version):

PS4 Pro version

Mark Race
08-03-2018, 08:16
In my case, selecting by group it doesn't work, try selecting by FULL VEHICLE LIST (LT button in Xbox version, L2 in PS4 version):

PS4 Pro version

Thanks, I will give that a go and see what happens on the Xbox One.

Update: no sadly, that doesn't seem to work on Xbox One either. If one of the missing turbo cars is already selected when the game is launched then it has turbo power, if I switch to any of the other cars via the full list they have no turbo power (interestingly if I switch back to the originally selected car it has turbo power again). Restarting the game is the only reliable way to know the turbo will be working that I've seen so far.

MrA2theK
08-03-2018, 11:11
The answer had been posted in this very thread (which wasn’t long at the time) though.

I obviously missed that Andy, as previously stated no offence was intended mate. I love what you guys are doing... keep doing it please.

fbetes
08-03-2018, 11:41
Update: no sadly, that doesn't seem to work on Xbox One either. If one of the missing turbo cars is already selected when the game is launched then it has turbo power, if I switch to any of the other cars via the full list they have no turbo power (interestingly if I switch back to the originally selected car it has turbo power again). Restarting the game is the only reliable way to know the turbo will be working that I've seen so far.
I agree, it doesn't work properly. The only workaround is restarting the game as you reported...

Thanks

Lord of the Racing
08-03-2018, 23:00
Quite. And game development specifically is harder than most - pushing relatively new, often poorly documented (!), hardware, to its absolute limits. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Having said that, I most definitely wish our released bug level was lower; there are a few different reasons why it isn't, and unfortunately I can't go into those here. We are constantly trying to improve (in areas we can have an effect) though. Believe it or not, we did make an improvement between Project CARS 1 and 2, but we're still nowhere near where we want to be.

I console (no pun intended) myself with genuinely believing that, despite these issues, we've made a great game overall, which offers good value for money. I do take a lot of pride in that, which on the flip side also means I get disproportionately upset when I see some of the angry comments here regarding bugs, even minor ones.

You did a great job, stop. Only if you do not work at all you are sure to do not make mistakes.

Bashflang69
09-03-2018, 14:53
Hey Guys, im new here... But i need your Help!

I just have downloaded the Porsche Legends DLC. And everytime when i drive the 959 there is no boost pressure...
Is that a mistake in my Setup or a general issue?
Does somebody have the same problem?

Greetings from Germany
Sorry for my bad english...

Bealdor
09-03-2018, 15:12
Threads merged.

Lord of the Racing
09-03-2018, 16:15
Any news about the Porsche Legend bug fixing on PS4? I did not read anything new.

Konan
09-03-2018, 17:11
Any news about the Porsche Legend bug fixing on PS4? I did not read anything new.

Have you tried the workarounds?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61641-New-Porsche-DLC-is-broken-bugged&p=1486920&viewfull=1#post1486920

Lord of the Racing
09-03-2018, 23:14
Have you tried the workarounds?

The workarounds works fine.

Janskulainen
10-03-2018, 13:26
I tried both versions of the Porsche 935/Moby Dick in the community challenge Road America, and there is something wrong with them (on my PS4)
They are lacking a huge amount of power for me, even though i have the boost set on 100%. On the starting straight i was going probably 30-40km/slower than the nr1 car in this challenge which is also a 935/MD.

How is this possible? I even copyied he's setup, and still i did a 2:19 with this car, because of the lack of power. Im in position 15 overall with the BMW clocking a 2:06:xxx.

There seems to be some programing error on both 936/Moby Dicks that lower their power in some cases.

Has enyone elsw this problem?

Juiced46
10-03-2018, 17:37
I tried both versions of the Porsche 935/Moby Dick in the community challenge Road America, and there is something wrong with them (on my PS4)
They are lacking a huge amount of power for me, even though i have the boost set on 100%. On the starting straight i was going probably 30-40km/slower than the nr1 car in this challenge which is also a 935/MD.

How is this possible? I even copyied he's setup, and still i did a 2:19 with this car, because of the lack of power. Im in position 15 overall with the BMW clocking a 2:06:xxx.

There seems to be some programing error on both 936/Moby Dicks that lower their power in some cases.

Has enyone elsw this problem?

Its been talked about in this thread and the workaround is posted as well.

Konan
10-03-2018, 17:58
Its been talked about in this thread and the workaround is posted as well.

Yup...post #103

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 14:38
Yup...post #103

Thanks, I was replying from my phone and didn't go back to see which exact post it was.

Konan
11-03-2018, 16:42
Thanks, I was replying from my phone and didn't go back to see which exact post it was.

No worries...:cool:

Lord of the Racing
12-03-2018, 11:18
Hi Guys, ok the workaround but anyone got any news about the definitive fixing? Thank you in advance.

Konan
12-03-2018, 11:40
Next patch most likely...

Konan
12-03-2018, 13:21
Posted the workarounds in the OP...

Lord of the Racing
13-03-2018, 14:57

Hi Andy I tested this 2nd workaround on PS4 standard but it dir not works. As I want to be sure I did it correctly can you please list again the steps to do it. Thank you.

Konan
13-03-2018, 14:59
Both workarounds are posted in the OP...

Lord of the Racing
13-03-2018, 16:09
Yes I know it. Maybe I was not clear. I tried both workarounds but the first restarting the game worked correctly meanwhile the second one selecting the car class groups did not worked

In this second case I went into car selection and changed it to Class Groups after selected the 935/77 Moby Dick and started but the car was not working. Did I followed all the steps correctly or I missed anything?

Ofnir4
13-03-2018, 16:26
Did you choose a livery ?

Konan
13-03-2018, 16:33
Yes I know it. Maybe I was not clear. I tried both workarounds but the first restarting the game worked correctly meanwhile the second one selecting the car class groups did not worked

In this second case I went into car selection and changed it to Class Groups after selected the 935/77 Moby Dick and started but the car was not working. Did I followed all the steps correctly or I missed anything?

Maybe i didn't understand but if the first one worked,why would you need the second one?
Genuine question because i don't have the issue...do you need to apply both workarounds?

Andy Garton
13-03-2018, 16:35
Changing livery won't break it - what does is ever having selected one of the two cars I listed in that game session, even if briefly (e.g. when navigating the car list). I realise this bug is a pain in the backside, we're doing our best to get the next patch out as soon as we can with the fix in.

Andy Garton
13-03-2018, 16:35
Maybe i didn't understand but if the first one worked,why would you need the second one?
Genuine question because i don't have the issue...do you need to apply both workarounds?
The first workaround takes much longer, so I can understand wanting to use the second instead.

rich1e I
13-03-2018, 16:44
I must say, the second workaround didn't work for me either. I always change the filter to 'group by class', then navigate to the class, then select the car, so the 'problem cars' are not really in sight. Could also be that I simply didn't understand.

Konan
13-03-2018, 16:45
The first workaround takes much longer, so I can understand wanting to use the second instead.

OK...thanks for the clarification Andy :yes:

Lord of the Racing
13-03-2018, 16:49
The first one needs you to restarf the game and takes longer than the second so having the chance this last one should be much better meanwhile we wait for the next patch

Lord of the Racing
13-03-2018, 16:53
So whether I understood correctly the solution is to avoid to highlight the Audi Imsa 90s and the Porsche 936 also if only scrolling the car list. In the case you did it the only way is to restart the game. Did I understood correctly.
Thank you in advance, I appreciate very much your availability and professionality

Andy Garton
13-03-2018, 17:07
Correct, once they've been highlighted, it's broken for the rest of that session, regardless of what you try.

Bealdor
16-03-2018, 16:19
Another workaround has been found:

No boost on the moby but it was fine the night before trying the community events I was hosting online and didn't want to leave so I moved my boost setting down from 100 to 99 and resaved the setup and the boost was back and all was fine just thought id say its quicker than restarting the game at least.

Can anyone confirm if this is working please?

g.stew
16-03-2018, 20:22
Another workaround has been found:

No boost on the moby but it was fine the night before trying the community events I was hosting online and didn't want to leave so I moved my boost setting down from 100 to 99 and resaved the setup and the boost was back and all was fine just thought id say its quicker than restarting the game at least.

Can anyone confirm if this is working please?

And confirm if this means it works in the community events? I'm not quite sure how to parse that quote.

Or is there another way to do it in the community events at road america? I couldn't use the first method because it always shows the bmw as the selected car when you open the event. Is there a way to do it on that event?

Lord of the Racing
20-03-2018, 14:09
Hi this morning I found the Moby turbo working. Is.anyone aware if anything was done to adjust the bug?

Ofnir4
20-03-2018, 14:17
There wasn't any update on any platform.

Lord of the Racing
20-03-2018, 14:36
There wasn't any update on any platform.

Anyway something was happened because yesterday I closed the PS4 with the Moby selected in the fast race meanwhile this morning I found the fast race with default selection, then I went in the car list and choose the Moby and surprisingly the turbo was working without any workaround. If anything was done and I believe that than something strange happened

Mahjik
20-03-2018, 15:41
You actually performed the workaround, but not intentionally. ;)

sVig
03-04-2018, 20:21
Sooner the fix for this comes the better. The workaround is a pain. It's practically four weeks now since this dlc came out and it's still available to buy on the stores like this �� Just saying...