PDA

View Full Version : Formula C - Help

Richie Padalino
06-03-2018, 17:07
Hello all,
Does anybody else find the Formula C incredibly difficult to drive?
It's just permanently stepping out, and letting go. I don't seem to be able to do anything to stop it.

Has anybody else found this, and also knows a way to combat it? Something in the setup perhaps? As I'm a complete novice in that regard.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Zaskarspants
06-03-2018, 17:13
I do not find any exceptional challenges with this car, however as with all open wheel cars they are challenging when driven at the edge. Grip loss can be sudden and recovery needs very quick action.

I have not touched the set up and use default loose.

Smoked_Cheddar
06-03-2018, 19:42
Hello all,
It's just permanently stepping out, and letting go. I don't seem to be able to do anything to stop it.

Has anybody else found this, and also knows a way to combat it? Something in the setup perhaps? As I'm a complete novice in that regard.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Try the sport tires, I like them much better than the slicks. Also up your front and rear downforce until you're comfortable.

demand34
06-03-2018, 20:31
Hello all,

Any help would be very much appreciated.There's some issue with slick tyres on all open wheelers but the FX, that don't allow you to drive these cars on the limit, or with enough confidence in order to go really fast as they should. Competition tyres improve your trust on the car compared to slicks, but they are way slower and not an option at all, specially vs the ridiculous AI found in FA.

Not a single word about this by neither by Doug not by any other dev. Silence only.

Anyway, it is ironic that openwheels like FB was by far the most thrilling car in the first game, and now openwheelers in pc2 are the complete opposite, bordering on trash cars.

demand34
06-03-2018, 20:40
I have been issued a warning for insulting someone in my post above.

Please help me anyone to find the insult, and remove it.

blinkngone
06-03-2018, 21:11

look, here are the Forum rules.

1.3 Behaviour

- Criticism towards SMS, the game or this support forum is welcomed, but it has to be constructive criticism that can be used to improve the game/support etc. Ranting or venting frustration does nothing to solve issues and only creates an atmosphere of conflict and anger.

- Please be patient and considerate, both towards the people representing SMS/WMD on the forums and towards the other forum members. Do not get stressed or angry if you do not get an answer within some hours, or the correct answer that you were looking for immediately.

Maybe you didn't need to call Doug out by name. That wasn't considerate(see above). Just try and be less angry, the infractions do go away.;)

demand34
06-03-2018, 21:24
But who was angry at who, and where did I insult anyone..., I do not understand this overreaction by someone, who obviously hasn't been able to tell me where the insult was as we "spoke" via PM.

Is there something wrong, really, in saying that open wheel slick tyres don't work well (but FX slicks)?, that there's an obvious issue to them, probably lack of polish or not enough work put into it (rushed job yet to be finished)?, are some of you really that sensitive?, what the heck

ok.., 0k lol

g.stew
06-03-2018, 22:22
Try driving it with wet tyres on for a little while until you get used to how it feels and where you will have grip. Once you get more used to it you can switch to slicks. Keep an eye on your tyre temps and pressures in telemetry and make sure you are getting the right temps and pressures. If you aren't getting them high enough and turning consistent laps to keep them there then it will be sliding out all over the place. This is where the wet tyres help since they will give you much better grip and you can start to get more used to the feel and balance of the car.

You could try time trial too since you'll start with your tyres and brakes already at good temps, but if you don't know how to drive the car and push it consistently then you won't be able to maintain the temps for very long and will have the same problems.

Try follow a guide like this one (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55483-SETUP-GUIDE-Setup-your-car-in-21-steps) once you are able to put in some consistent laps on the slicks. Start with just the first couple of steps for getting your pressures and camber setup at first and then move on as you feel more comfortable.

You really have to push these cars to get the most out of them, but they are really fun once you figure them out.

Richie Padalino
07-03-2018, 07:11
I do not find any exceptional challenges with this car, however as with all open wheel cars they are challenging when driven at the edge. Grip loss can be sudden and recovery needs very quick action.

I have not touched the set up and use default loose.

Have you tried them in career mode? At Brno in February, and Donnington in March?

If you have zero problems there on the default loose set up, on the slicks, then my multiple hats are off to you sir :)

Richie Padalino
07-03-2018, 07:14

Does seem a bit of an overreaction. Maybe a quiet word would have been better.

And it would be nice if the devs could confirm whether they believe the slicks on most open wheelers are working as they should be.

Richie Padalino
07-03-2018, 07:17
To get the slicks to work in any shape or form, I had to lower tyre pressures to their lowest possible setting, and they were still too cold. This is the 'recommended tyre' for conditions. How does that work?

blinkngone
07-03-2018, 09:06
To get the slicks to work in any shape or form, I had to lower tyre pressures to their lowest possible setting, and they were still too cold. This is the 'recommended tyre' for conditions. How does that work?

•Formula A quicker with wets. Link Link2 This is from Asturbo's unofficial issues thread. If you look in the thread you will find some items already fixed so maybe the tires will be adjusted, but not perfected in the next patch.

It's already dropped to the 3rd page so maybe you didn't see it, you can add anything you might be concerned about in there.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0

Demon340
07-03-2018, 09:15
I was struggling a lot with Formula C until I saw Yorkies videos. He recommended starting with a stable set up and adjusting from there. After that I found I was much more competitive and was able to increase the AI settings up to 95%.
Then patch 4.0 came out and AI at 95 is a challenge indeed! Great, great fun!

JuZ
07-03-2018, 13:32
I found while driving the Formula C that the setting for Engine braking needed increasing quite a lot, helped me loads

Deathbox_2112
07-03-2018, 18:12
I found while driving the Formula C that the setting for Engine braking needed increasing quite a lot, helped me loads

So if you increase the number in the set up menu, that is decreasing the Engine Braking force, correct?

Demon340
07-03-2018, 18:39
That is my understanding as well.

JuZ
08-03-2018, 19:55
So if you increase the number in the set up menu, that is decreasing the Engine Braking force, correct?
Correct, feels the wrong way round to me, but what do I know....