PDA

View Full Version : How do you toggle driver assists in time trials?

Dzucker
07-03-2018, 05:59
Example, I can see ABS is turned on in my HUD. But when I try toggling it, I get an N/A message. Same for Stability and Traction Control.
And when I look at the Time Trial leader boards (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=3634666530&vehicle=2566143295) I see people with all kinds of combinations of assists turned on and off.

thanks,

xbx012
07-03-2018, 11:38
sadly only authentic assist are allowed in time trial. The last game allowed all assists in time trial, and on the board it showed you used assists to complete a time.

Now they removed that, and you can only race with authentic, its kind of silly especially for console users, who compared to pc normally use more assists etc

cpcdem
07-03-2018, 14:41
No,no, there was a bug in the past that could mess up with the toggling, but this is fixed now and you can disallow assists just fine. Of course you just cannot enable assists that are not authentic, of course.

To the OP, are you sure you got this message for ABS, or maybe it was for TC? When you have SC enabled, then you are not allowed to disable TC (or is it ABS? hmmm, never use SC so I am not sure), because SC depends on it. Try disabling SC first, then you should be able to disable the others as well.

Dzucker
08-03-2018, 02:55
To the OP, are you sure you got this message for ABS, or maybe it was for TC? When you have SC enabled, then you are not allowed to disable TC (or is it ABS? hmmm, never use SC so I am not sure), because SC depends on it. Try disabling SC first, then you should be able to disable the others as well.

I was getting N/A for ABS, TC and SC. But I think xbx12 is right when he said that the game only allows for authentic assists in Time Trials. Which if true, is fine. So the fact that I had ABS and TC turned must be a bug, because I don't believe that the "authentic" Ferrari F50 allows assists.
I did a few tests and tried turning on and off the assists in the options menu and that seems to have triggered something, because now I don't see any assists in TT when using the Ferrari. I've tried all kinds of combinations of ABS, TC and SC in the options but I can't get my ABS or TC to come back on any more. I did try using a road car which I know has authentic assists, and all the assists are there in TTs and I can actually toggle them within the game.

If it's true that you are not supposed to be able to turn assists on in cars that don't have authentic assists, then the leaderboards prove that there's a bug because you can see that there are all kinds of combinations of assists that are turned on.

cpcdem
08-03-2018, 04:25
Ah sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that you could not even disable assists which are enabled by default on authentic. If at some time you had ABS/TC enabled in the F50 in TT, then yes this is a bug (only visual or not just visual), it was happening often before patch 4, they fixed it now but maybe it still occurs under very specific situations.

About the assists shown in the leaderboards, those are misleading, it was discussed some days ago that they probably show the setting of the player in his global settings, not what he actually used in TT, but I am not sure if anyone further investigated this. I have logged several 100s of times in TT, many of those show for example SC enabled in the leaderboards, but I assure you I never ever use SC, even in the cars that allow it in authentic settings. Same with other assists, the indication in the leaderboards is inconsistent.