PDA

View Full Version : Finally Took the Plunge with P CARS2

Photonmonkey
08-03-2018, 07:20
Well after holding off purchasing the game (was enjoying AC) I finally caved and bought it for PS4. Just want to say I am glad I did, I am loving the changes from the 1st instalment and am now having far too much fun to even think about AC for now :) have not been on the forums for a long time so just wanted to say a quick hi to all and have a nose around :)

I havenít even attempted any races yet just got lapping with some of my favourite car track combos, but so far very impressed.

DozUK
08-03-2018, 09:05
Welcome back, I'm sure you'll enjoy the game. AC is great game, but once you've enjoyed the live track and what it brings, it's difficult to go back.

Enjoy

Gav88888
08-03-2018, 13:06
Just make sure the upgrade bug doesn't bite, and if it does try and limit that infection to consoles haha, unfortunately (or fortunately) I have gone from playing PC1 on a controller sat on my couch to buying a wheel and seat for PC2, and recently a VR PC, its an expensive set of upgrades, but boy was it worth it.

kevin kirk
08-03-2018, 18:37
Without PC mods AC isnt really got that much to it on consoles as far is features cars and tracks.

Beef36
02-04-2018, 12:22
Just make sure the upgrade bug doesn't bite, and if it does try and limit that infection to consoles haha, unfortunately (or fortunately) I have gone from playing PC1 on a controller sat on my couch to buying a wheel and seat for PC2, and recently a VR PC, its an expensive set of upgrades, but boy was it worth it. The upgrade bug is a never ending treadmill :)

Zagael
03-04-2018, 02:17
I have over 500hrs logged on AC, it's an amazing game, I've not touched it since PC2 came out (and have not felt and need to)

I think PC2 is the most natural feeling of all the sims I've played. Live track, combined with the tyre model, make every new car/track combo a joyful learning experience. When you finally get the car set up and it all comes together, you fall into the "trance" and it feels more alive than AC could ever hope to. We'll see if that changes with the release of ACC but PC2 is top dog for me at the moment. No other game does so much so well, I absolutely adore it and it gets better (mostly) with every patch.

John Hargreaves
03-04-2018, 18:26
I remember doing figure of eights on the double roundabout on the ice track in the Mini in VR. I was absolutely hypnotised by it, felt so completely natural. The car just suddenly stopped at one point and I sat there for a few seconds before realising I had just run out of petrol. Never had that in any other sim.

AbeWoz
03-04-2018, 18:31
I have over 500hrs logged on AC, it's an amazing game, I've not touched it since PC2 came out (and have not felt and need to)

I think PC2 is the most natural feeling of all the sims I've played. Live track, combined with the tyre model, make every new car/track combo a joyful learning experience. When you finally get the car set up and it all comes together, you fall into the "trance" and it feels more alive than AC could ever hope to. We'll see if that changes with the release of ACC but PC2 is top dog for me at the moment. No other game does so much so well, I absolutely adore it and it gets better (mostly) with every patch.

completely agree. Around 400 hrs in AC. 99% of which were GT3's for my league i was running (NAGP). Fired up AC probably 2 times since PC2 came out and the cars just felt so twitchy and on-edge.

I use the exact same term when comparing PC2 and AC as you do...PC2 just feels 'natural'

Edit: I will add that AC is ahead of PC2 in terms of league usability however. Server/admin controlled BoP as well as multiple custom liveries per car are a huge + to AC.

m355y
03-04-2018, 18:33
To be honest, this is probably the best possible time to get into the game now it's pretty much sorted and working throughout. I was a big advocate of AC initially because I genuinely thought it was better than PC1.....and initially, better than PC2 too. But now SMS have patched, improved, fine-tuned and ironed out the bugs, I've given AC so little time that I've actually deleted it from my HDD because it was taking up space doing nothing.

AC is good for what you can do in it. But Project CARS 2 is so much bigger, so much more game in there, so much more variety and so much ambition. PC2 and GTS are the two I have coexisting nicely on my PS4. There's literally no need for anything else now.

Simerection
04-04-2018, 23:10
Lots of Assetto guys here. I came in as an Iracing guy. I'm still an Iracer and 100% Club current too.

My story is different though. Like Pro racer Tony Stewart I've gotten tired of the whining, crying, screaming and sniveling that comes out of Iracers. The worst are the oval track guys which is obvious since most are meth'd up unemployed trailer trash who are mentally unbalanced and obviously not taking their medications. Iracers have blown so much money on cars, tracks and then subscriptions that they are always on the edge of losing their minds if their online "experience" is not top notch and bringing them wins and Irating boosts. In the end it's typical "addict" behavior that one needs to understand and tolerate.

I come to Project Cars 2 because of the advanced educations of the SMS team. In Project Cars 2 they offer Day/Night transitions!! All 4 seasons worth of weather effects!! Let me put it this way..I love the immersion while using my Oculous Rift, Wheel and Pc. Iracing can't figure any of that stuff out and now the community is whining (REALLY whining) for them to rescan their old outdated tracks like Watkins Glen. They are a complete mess. The worst was recently when Assetto announced Competizone (I think that's what it's called) and Iracers jaws dropped like wuhhhhhhhh? The screaming..yelling..fingers pointing at the Iracing devs..the devs pointing fingers back at the drivers..Dave Kaemmer back in his office lighting a cigar with a $100 bill laughing at everyone down below in their cubicles. What a mess! In the end the Iracing community sat there sucking their thumbs mumbling and crying while coddling their Iratings. Everyone there is thankful for no day-night transitions, rain-fog-snow nor any hint of any time, effect or season change. All of these real-life simulations distract from the stale, stagnant and very environmentally generic arcade-like racing experience Iracing has grown famous for.

John Hargreaves
05-04-2018, 06:59
Harsh, but funny :sorrow: