PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can You Set Maximum Speed Starting a Race???

buick87gn
08-03-2018, 19:59
Newbie wants to know if there is a way to set a maximum speed before you actually start a race. I have been penalized many times by going just 2-3 miles an hour over the maximum 75 mph to start a race. If I go under 75 mph to start a race then I end up near the end of the pack if you know what I mean. Any suggestions would be helpful.

AbeWoz
08-03-2018, 20:03
no.

Schnizz58
08-03-2018, 20:05
Unless they changed it in the latest patch, the 75mph limit applies only if you're on pole. And if you go over the limit, you have 5 seconds to slow back down. If you're in the middle of the pack somewhere, you just have to not pass the car in front of you. If you do, again you have 5 seconds to get back in line.

buick87gn
08-03-2018, 20:31
Unless they changed it in the latest patch, the 75mph limit applies only if you're on pole. And if you go over the limit, you have 5 seconds to slow back down. If you're in the middle of the pack somewhere, you just have to not pass the car in front of you. If you do, again you have 5 seconds to get back in line.

Thanks for the info! It would be nice if there was a cruise control feature just like on a normal car.

RomKnight
08-03-2018, 20:39
You can use the pit limiter but that's slower as I believe it's hard coded to 60.

Schnizz58
08-03-2018, 20:45
Thanks for the info! It would be nice if there was a cruise control feature just like on a normal car.

A secondary pit limiter would be very helpful. But the reality is that with a little practice it isn't all that hard to maintain the proper position.

I haven't played a lot since the last patch. However one thing I noticed immediately in career races is that on a rolling start the AI cars quickly jump into a tight 2-wide pack a couple of turns before the start line. This is vastly better than before where they were strung out all the way down the main straight.