PDA

View Full Version : Starting grid displaced after poleman

Asturbo
09-03-2018, 07:59
It's a known issue that is happening from launch but I don't know if devs take aware about it. In some online races, all the starting grid after poleman, is displaced a lot of positions backwards leaving a huge of space beetween the polemand and the second driver. It happened yesteday again in an online race with DS and 14 players. It occurs randomly, don't know the reason.

You can see that displaced cars appears with postion "0", I don't know if it's relevant...

Another thing, this race was without qualifing session, so the possitions was determined by the login order.

ProDriver
09-03-2018, 18:25
Here you have an example with a penalty for the second driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzwateFESg?t=1555

Asturbo
09-03-2018, 18:47
OMG, with rolling starts look the same but is even worse, because you be penalized for not following the poleman.

Could you confirm that it was a race only session? I think that it usually happens when there isn't a previous qualifing session. I've seen the previous qualifing session, but it looks that you have to create a new race-only session.

I've noticed that higher number of players, higher gap from 1st to 2nd. In your video, the race director says you "keep 11th position". I've seen there are 11 players in the session. I think that always leaves (n-1) spots free from pole to second. In my video (standing start) with 14 players, looks that the poleman is in the right place, and the second is in the 14th place, leaving 13 spots free (n-1).

Another question. You received a Drive Thru in this moment, but not applied. Only 2" of time penalty. You've diabled drivetrhu in the session?

MaXyM
09-03-2018, 21:39
We did some rolling starts without preceding practice/qualify not experiencing the issue you are describing. So disabled practice and qual is likely not a trigger. Actually I never seen that. It has to be something else.

ProDriver
10-03-2018, 20:37
OMG, with rolling starts look the same but is even worse, because you be penalized for not following the poleman.

Could you confirm that it was a race only session? I think that it usually happens when there isn't a previous qualifing session. I've seen the previous qualifing session, but it looks that you have to create a new race-only session.

I've noticed that higher number of players, higher gap from 1st to 2nd. In your video, the race director says you "keep 11th position". I've seen there are 11 players in the session. I think that always leaves (n-1) spots free from pole to second. In my video (standing start) with 14 players, looks that the poleman is in the right place, and the second is in the 14th place, leaving 13 spots free (n-1).

Another question. You received a Drive Thru in this moment, but not applied. Only 2" of time penalty. You've diabled drivetrhu in the session?

Yes!!! Was a race only season in which the first driver was inviting one by one to each driver to start in the correct position. Moreover I ( 2nd driver create the lobby and when the first driver joined it, I leave it, and I was invited again from him. We must do that trick because if he create the lobby, the rest could not choose their cars despite of the fact that he created the lobby with same category option.

About the second question I can't confirm that I created the lobby with that option enable or if that issue is possible to choose in ps4.

Asturbo
04-05-2018, 14:39
Update:

Yesterday in my comunity race this issue happened again after 2 weeks with normal starting grids. But I could observe 2 things that could be relevant to fix the issue:

This problem always happens with race without previous qualifing session. This time, after qualifing one player pushed the "red panic button" (I don't know how still there is no confirmation to leave), and he was out of the looby. So all of us left the lobby and edited the options in the DS to only race (with a DS restart). Then we join the server in the order of the qualifing session to keep our original position in the starting grid. When we started the race, the positions was correct, but players after poleman was displaced down in the grid. I can confirm that in the previous races that this issue happened, was also in direct to race without qualifing.
If you see the picture below, the number of free spots is exactly the same as the players displaced. The second place holder is after the teorical last place of the "normal" starting grid. In our yesterday's race we were 11 players, and the second place started in 12th postion of the grid. So always 1st is rigth, then N-1 free spots, and then 2nd place in position N+1 (beeing N the number of players). I've confirmed in other replays with same issue.

Other observations:

- The game was on a DS, but it's not relevant because it happens also in P2P and other plataforms.
- Players displaced, appears with possition "0" in the label (see OP capture)
- I don't know what could happen if we would be 24 players, because no room in the grid for all of them after other 23 free spots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwvpg8yJNUE