PDA

View Full Version : Game still has far too many bugs

iamisti
09-03-2018, 14:30
I've bought this game at the very beginning and be part of the struggle with the crazy amount of bugs, so I've decided to put it away and try after few months.

After HALF YEAR, I wanted to see the improved and fixed game and for my biggest surprise still, sh*t load of BASIC and annoying bugs are still part of the game. I'm speechless... seriously guys.

- In career mode the cars are still cho-choing (they almost never overtake each other, super boring)
- Flags in the multiplayer game still have some random generator feature built-in (I never get the proper flag next to my name and it shows up randomly next to some's name)
- Game freezing god knows for what reason it just freezing ever 30 hour I would say. Have to kill the process of the game in task manager
- Frame rate randomly drops, fixing only restarting the game
- Multiplayer mode is not up-to-date. In the lobby i see the qualify ends in 4 minutes but when i go in the lobby it shows that players are already racing
- When joining to a multiplayer host, i can see my previously selected car for like 5 seconds and then it randomly changes (since the lobby has different vehicle type/category) - this is so ridiculous and would be so easy to fix
- Not to mention the AI that can even crash you in pit,
- or the sliding cars when you joined to the multiplayer host and the cars next to you are sliding
- in VR the back of the cars in front of me is missing, or for some reason I can see what is inside the car after the bumper, totally fucked up
- Invisible wall crashed my car after an hour of playing (happened 1 times)

Etc...etc..etc...

It's just unbelievable that these basic bugs are still in the system. When are you planning to fix the BASIC bugs??? That's not what I've payed for.

AbeWoz
09-03-2018, 14:38
what are your PC system specs?

I have never run into any invisible walls.
What AI settings are you using. Anything below 85% aggression and they tend to be hesitant overtaking.
country flags in MP is an annoyance, but does not affect gameplay at all

Invincible
09-03-2018, 14:44

What AI settings are you using. Anything below 85% aggression and they tend to be hesitant overtaking.

Makes me wonder too. I've never had an invisible wall in nearly 200 hours since release. Also I don't have any frame rate drops or game freezes. Oh wait, there was a game freeze, but that was because my Ram was broken. So, the hardware was to blame here, nit the game.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 14:44

- Asus Strix 1080ti
- i7 6700K CPU
- 32 GB RAM

sisollazzo
09-03-2018, 14:53
I have frame rate drop by multyplyaer. I thing after patch 3. Before I didn t have this problem.

sisollazzo
09-03-2018, 14:53
I conferm this list expet the wall

RomKnight
09-03-2018, 14:55
I stopped reading on the invisible wall as this alone shows that's something wrong on your side as I don't remember those on pC2 even during development.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 14:55
I think I was paitent enough... after 6 month I think it is valid to say I demand these things to get fixed by this time already. Forget about the wall thing, only happened with me once. But the rest... never seen any software this low quality.
- Not to mention the AI that can even crash you in pit,
- or the sliding cars when you joined to the multiplayer host and the cars next to you are sliding... lol...

iamisti
09-03-2018, 14:56
I stopped reading on the invisible wall as this alone shows that's something wrong on your side as I don't remember those on pC2 even during development.

don't stop reading lol!
Forget the invisible wall, happened only once. Read the rest. Thanks.

morpwr
09-03-2018, 14:57
- Asus Strix 1080ti
- i7 6700K CPU
- 32 GB RAM

I had the same pc as you before(now 8700k) and never had invisible walls or fps problems are you using vr or a monitor?

iamisti
09-03-2018, 14:58
I had the same pc as you before(now 8700k) and never had invisible walls or fps problems are you using vr or a monitor?

I'm using VR

morpwr
09-03-2018, 14:59
I'm using VR

I have the same gpu as you. Did you cap the fps in gpu tweak?

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:00
I have the same gpu as you. Did you cap the fps in gpu tweak?

no nothing, but again, invisible walls are the smallest bugs I care about. It happened only once, I don't care about it too much.
But the rest....
It's just so unprofessional...

morpwr
09-03-2018, 15:02
no nothing, but again, invisible walls are the smallest bugs I care about. It happened only once, I don't care about it too much.
But the rest....

I'm asking because you mentioned fps drops. If you didn't cap it to 90fps your wasting a lot of gpu performance processing frames youll never see.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:02
I'm asking because you mentioned fps drops. If you didn't cap it to 90fps your wasting a lot of gpu performance processing frames youll never see.

I do have 90fps cap. but thanks

RomKnight
09-03-2018, 15:03
Don't know about AI and pits but in MP everyone is "ghosted".

wrt MP tells me you have connection issues. I've raced this last two days and even with some 360ms ping have had ZERO issues. And I recently reviewed AI as well even in multi-class and it was never better. OFC, posting examples on WHAT TRACKS you have issues and the AI settings you use instead of posting as if trolling might help solving you case... just saying.

Edit: I run in VR and the ocasional drop on first lap does happen but that's bound to happen in VR. HW still can't quite keep up. Lower your graphics settings.

wesker6664
09-03-2018, 15:03
I've bought this game at the very beginning and be part of the struggle with the crazy amount of bugs, so I've decided to put it away and try after few months.

After HALF YEAR, I wanted to see the improved and fixed game and for my biggest surprise still, sh*t load of BASIC and annoying bugs are still part of the game. I'm speechless... seriously guys.

- Invisible wall crashed my car after an hour of playing
- In career mode the cars are still cho-choing (they almost never overtake each other, super boring)
- Flags in the multiplayer game still have some random generator feature built-in (I never get the proper flag next to my name and it shows up randomly next to some's name)
- Game freezing god knows for what reason it just freezing ever 30 hour I would say. Have to kill the process of the game in task manager
- Frame rate randomly drops, fixing only restarting the game
- Multiplayer mode is not up-to-date. In the lobby i see the qualify ends in 4 minutes but when i go in the lobby it shows that players are already racing
- When joining to a multiplayer host, i can see my previously selected car for like 5 seconds and then it randomly changes (since the lobby has different vehicle type/category) - this is so ridiculous and would be so easy to fix

Etc...etc..etc...

It's just unbelievable that these basic bugs are still in the system. When are you planning to fix the BASIC bugs??? That's not what I've payed for.
This is both rude and incorrect. What you're describing are minor annoyances and not 'BASIC bugs', get some perspective please.

/ off to enjoy this 'full of bugs' software for what it is :cool:

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:14
This is both rude and incorrect. What you're describing are minor annoyances and not 'BASIC bugs', get some perspective please.

/ off to enjoy this 'full of bugs' software for what it is :cool:

I dont care if im not hitting the best mood here but after so much time of being patient i think im fairly reasonable to talk this way.
BASIC == Simple to me. Doesnt mean its the most important bug to fix, it means the fix could be dont in a matter of hours. Im a deceloper, i know it could be.

morpwr
09-03-2018, 15:15
I do have 90fps cap. but thanks

Did you oc your card?

RomKnight
09-03-2018, 15:18
I dont care if im not hitting the best mood here but after so much time of being patient i think im fairly reasonable to talk this way.
BASIC == Simple to me. Doesnt mean its the most important bug to fix, it means the fix could be dont in a matter of hours. Im a deceloper, i know it could be.

Now i'm sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:24
But the rest....
It's just so unprofessional...

.. this just shows how silly your post is. You had a single occurencce of something that is extremely rare and make it sound like it's a huge issue. This is why nobody take posts like yours seriously (even though you had some valid complaints). I have no idea why people write like you do. What do you have to gain in mentioning things that are super rare and something that most people never experience? Why do you purposefully make it as negative as possible?

MaXyM
09-03-2018, 15:26
Yet again.. witch hunt has begun.
If someone has doubt about current condition of the game, then please look at this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0
And please note, there are only reproduceable bugs excluding ones considered to be a requested feature, even if casuse user experience issues.

I think it's clear, that the game is indeed full of bugs. I don't understand why mods allows common forum users to be offensive to other one who is just disgusted. You are not a police.

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:26
Im a deceloper, i know it could be.

You know what? I call BS on that. Or actually.. maybe you are but the chances are also that you are 14 years old and thus a "developer" because you installed a bunch of middleware and made some "my first projects" that nobody is playing. Basically nothing you say makes any sense and is pure hyperbole.

Yeah, I'm mean for calling you out but somebody's got to do it.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:27
.. this just shows how silly your post is. You had a single occurencce of something that is extremely rare and make it sound like it's a huge issue. This is why nobody take posts like yours seriously (even though you had some valid complaints). I have no idea why people write like you do. What do you have to gain in mentioning things that are super rare and something that most people never experience? Why do you purposefully make it as negative as possible?

So i better not to mention all the bugs i experienced just because its rare? lol and im the silly one? ��

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:28
You know what? I call BS on that. Or actually.. maybe you are but the chances are also that you are 14 years old and thus a "developer" because you installed a bunch of middleware and made some "my first projects" that nobody is playing. Basically nothing you say makes any sense and is pure hyperbole.

Yeah, I'm mean for calling you out but somebody's got to do it.
i am actually 32 years old and a developer. Write me in private and i give u my linkedin where u can message me.

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:30
Yet again.. witchhunting has begun.
If someone has doubt about current conditino of the game, then please look at this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0
And please note, there are only reproduceable bugs and there are no ones considered as requested feature, even cause user experience issues.

I think it's clear, that the game is indeed full of bugs. I don't understand why mods allows common forum users to be offinsive against other one who is just disgusted. You are not a police.

Dude, there's no whichhunt. There is ACTION and REACTION. Simple as that.

Also, why are you ALWAYS in these threads defending people who start out with pretty much zero constructive ways of saying anything useful? It's almost as if you feed on these things.

/rant

There are REAL ISSUES with the game, no doubt, and many many small annoyin things. These are mentioned over and over again in way more polite manner than the OP here. I think it's high time these kinds of thread starters are being called out. It doesn't help that they go all "I'm a developer!" "I know best!!" "I demand this and that because I paid 50 dollars (which gets you two dinners in most western parts of the world)!!" etc. Yes, there are legitimate problems with the game.. always has been but that doesn't mean these people can get away with being silly.

ACTION / REACTION.

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:33
i am actually 32 years old and a developer. Write me in private and i give u my linkedin where u can message me.

How on earth have you gone through life if you are this impolite and make up issues that are non-issues on the fly? Look, you had some legitimate parts in your post (some that many of us have already mentioned) but your post in general is just so incredibly silly considering how many major bugs have been fixed since release.

Surely you, if you say you are a developer, must understand that there are way better ways to communicate.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:36

Also, why are you ALWAYS in these threads defending people who start out with pretty much zero constructive ways of saying anything useful? It's almost as if you feed on these things.

/rant

There are REAL ISSUES with the game, no doubt, and many many small annoyin things. These are mentioned over and over again in way more polite manner than the OP here. I think it's high time these kinds of thread starters are being called out. It doesn't help that they go all "I'm a developer!" "I know best!!" "I demand this and that because I paid 50 dollars (which gets you two dinners in most western parts of the world)!!" etc. Yes, there are legitimate problems with the game.. always has been but that doesn't mean these people can get away with being silly.

ACTION / REACTION.

True, but there is this thing called level of fustrafion over time.
Why other game makers can make their game in a more professional way without these many bigs? Its again not about the bugs but the change over time. I see no improvements which is dissapointing.
I disaggree on your point that its just 50 dollar. No matter how much it is, you cant argue by the value of the product you spend your money on. What u saying is basically: if ifs cheap its okay to be shitty. No its not!
This post is not constructive? It was until u started blaming me. The bugs are real and i beleive raising attention on it is constructive and useful.

iamisti
09-03-2018, 15:37
How on earth have you gone through life if you are this impolite and make up issues that are non-issues on the fly? Look, you had some legitimate parts in your post (some that many of us have already mentioned) but your post in general is just so incredibly silly considering how many major bugs have been fixed since release.

Surely you, if you say you are a developer, must understand that there are way better ways to communicate.

I didnt say a word for 6 months... i think i am patient and polite enough

rich1e I
09-03-2018, 15:40
If someone has doubt about current condition of the game, then please look at this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60908-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-4-0
And please note, there are only reproduceable bugs excluding ones considered to be a requested feature, even if casuse user experience issues.

I think it's clear, that the game is indeed full of bugs. I don't understand why mods allows common forum users to be offensive to other one who is just disgusted. You are not a police.

People are not stupid and long enough around to differentiate between legit complaints and just "negative cherry picking". Fact is, there are a lot of pCARS haters and trolls out there spreading fake news. If you spend some time reading some RaceDepartment "content" you get an idea what I'm talking about. I'm not generalizing though. Obviously he's been playing something else for months, let me guess what.

MaXyM
09-03-2018, 15:42

Becasuse they ACTION and REACTION?
IMO people have right to complain. Some of them cannot be constructive for various reasons. This is not a developers forum. Its customer forum and you (and others) should keep it in mind before acting against other member.
At the end, regulrar users like you, me and others, are not authorised to demand anything from customers who compain.
Modder is authorized to make sure rules are not broken.
Developper may/should ask for details to help improving the user experience.

If other players are able to help - go ahead. But being offensive just because you are ok with current state of the game while others arent't is plain wrong.
And this is why you can see me being part of such situations: to say "it's wrong". Nobody does that, so some other one has.

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:46
True, but there is this thing called level of fustrafion over time.
Why other game makers can make their game in a more professional way without these many bigs? Its again not about the bugs but the change over time. I see no improvements which is dissapointing.
I disaggree on your point that its just 50 dollar. No matter how much it is, you cant argue by the value of the product you spend your money on. What u saying is basically: if ifs cheap its okay to be shitty. No its not!
This post is not constructive? It was until u started blaming me. The bugs are real and i beleive raising attention on it is constructive and useful.

1) What other games are "more professional" than pCars at this level of complexity?
2) How on earth can't you see any improvements? Does this mean that you haven't actually followed any of the progress or just choose to be ignorant of the absolute fact that things have improved immensely since release?
3) 50 dollars is 50 dollars which is for most people here who own computers and whatnot a tiny little amount of money. It puts things in perspective. You stirring up a ruckus because of apparent loss of value is just silly. Hence I mentioned it.
4) Your first post was as far from constructive as it can get. If you can not see that then I can only shake my head in sadness and feel sorry for you. Your life can't be easy if that's truly the case.
5) Yes, bugs are real in software.. many of the ones you listed have been reported over and over again. Most are minor annoyances and some could be down to your specific system.

I didnt say a word for 6 months... i think i am patient and polite enough

I haven't been in a fight or hit a person since I was in 3rd grade. Doesn't mean it gives me the right or is a good idea to go hit somebody now if I feel frustrated. What I'm saying: That's an extremely lame excuse for the tone of your original post.

Look I get it. You are frustrated. It happens.

RoccoTTS
09-03-2018, 15:50
Well, i'm not going to say anything, because bmanic already said everything i wanted to say.

To the mods : time to close this pointless thread ?

bmanic
09-03-2018, 15:57
Becasuse they ACTION and REACTION?
IMO people have right to complain. Some of them cannot be constructive for various reasons. This is not a developers forum. Its customer forum and you (and others) should keep it in mind before acting against other member.
At the end, regulrar users like you, me and others, are not authorised to demand anything from customers who compain.
Modder is authorized to make sure rules are not broken.
Developper may/should ask for details to help improving the user experience.

If other players are able to help - go ahead. But being offensive just because you are ok with current state of the game while others arent't is plain wrong.
And this is why you can see me being part of such situations: to say "it's wrong". Nobody does that, so some other one has.

Of course people have right to complain. That same right is mine to complain about the complainer. :)

Indeed this is a customer forum and thus these annoyingly spammy posts about "this is not working!!! bla bla bla I DEMAND IT WORKS!! bla bla bla" are pissing me off. Hence I complain about it because it is my right as well as a customer. I am here for reading about the new DLC, track strategy, setups and other general musings. The people who want to shout how crap this is and how entitled they are to <insert any silly thing here> should do so in the appropriate forum part. For instance, OP's post should have been in the Technical Support part.. not in the General Discussion part.

Also, you keep mixing things up. I wasn't offensive because of the state of the game. It is bugging in many different ways on my computer as well. I wrote my responses due to the ridiculous tone of the original post and the clear added hyperbole and entitledment (for instance the "I'm a developer!" line which was just plain *facepalm*) underlying the whole existence of the post.. and it's creation in the General Discussion part of the forum. It annoyed me so I reacted. That's how most people work.. it's what I meant with ACTION/REACTION. Same goes for your posts. You also keep reacting to these, except always in defense.. sometimes for good reason but many times for very weird reasons (even when the original post is extremely inflammatory). That's your right though as long as you stay within the rules. Same goes for me I guess.

Anyhow, I'll leave it at that. I've had my say. OP annoyed me so I voiced my opinion. You annoyed me so I voiced my opinion. Game annoyed OP so he/she voiced an opinion. Cycle of life.

MaximusN
09-03-2018, 16:07
Of course people have right to complain. That same right is mine to complain about the complainer. :)

Indeed this is a customer forum and thus these annoyingly spammy posts about "this is not working!!! bla bla bla I DEMAND IT WORKS!! bla bla bla" are pissing me off.
That attitude doesn't just piss people off(you're not alone :) ), but destroys the whole atmosphere in this forum. :( And it's even harder for the mods and devs to see what people's true colors are, so I can even understand when they feel attacked(even when it isn't the case).

Bealdor
09-03-2018, 16:11

This is not a witch hunt but a prime example of "What goes around, comes around" and it's showing perfectly why we (the devs and mods) always emphasize that your feedback should be constructive and free of (hidden) accusations against the developers.
Complaints written in an offensive tone will always provoke similar reactions from other members and distract from the main topic the OP is actually trying to discuss.
If you look around the forum you'll see that the most effective feedback is worded in a constructive manner without veiled insults/accusations against SMS.
Contrary to popular belief, voicing your opinion aggressively does NOT help to get your point across or getting a response from the developers.

That said, the reason why I'm going to close this thread is not because of the issues the OP reported but how he voiced his concerns and the resulting off topic discussing that actually didn't help anybody, and especially not the dev team to improve the game.