PDA

View Full Version : Bug report

iamisti
10-03-2018, 09:33
I'm asking the moderator who tend to close my topic with "don't recreate the same posts", please don't close the thread. I've recreated it because it was not appropiately reported, so now here it is. Only close the thread if the topic is solved! That would be the logical step.
Closing a thread with that reason is just not right. Try to solve these issues instead of shutting it down.
Even a moderator suggested in my old thread to create a post with a positive attitude, so I did. And it got closed...

Thank you!

Dear project cars team.

I've found some bugs that are in the system for a while and I'd like to bring closer attention to it, since they are living long time in the system.

- In career mode the cars are almost never take over each other, they are just going after each other. Doesn't give a feeling of a realistic race.
- Nationality flags in the multiplayer are not showing the correct nationality of the drivers. Someone else has my nationality next to his name and I get a nationality from the drivers from the same race.
- Frame rate randomly drops sometimes and the only fix is restarting the game. (I'm using VR all the time)
- Multiplayer mode is not up-to-date. In the lobby i see the qualify ends in 4 minutes but when i go in the lobby it shows that players are already racing
- When joining to a multiplayer host, i can see my previously selected car for like 5 seconds and then it randomly changes (since the lobby has different vehicle type/category). Not once I joined to a host and I thought I'm going to race with the car I see on the right, so I just quickly hit the 'ready/join' button, and after the game loads I realized that I have a completely different car.
- in multiplayer cars are sliding in the pit when entering the game.If I'm looking around (still in VR), I can see the cars in the pit but they are not steady, they are sliding on many different directions without having their wheels moving.
- in VR, sometimes the back of the cars is missing, for some reason I can see the inside parts of the car, so the exhaust system, sometimes even the engine in some cars.

Hope you can find time to fix these bugs.

Maskmagog
10-03-2018, 10:05
I don't do multiplayer or vr, but I do play in career. And I see them really race each other. What class are you referring to? What AI settings do you have?

MrTulip
10-03-2018, 10:16
- Frame rate randomly drops sometimes and the only fix is restarting the game. (I'm using VR all the time)
- in VR, sometimes the back of the cars is missing, for some reason I can see the inside parts of the car, so the exhaust system, sometimes even the engine in some cars.

Hope you can find time to fix these bugs.

If you have Nvidia display cars, first of these two I've seen only with specific Nvidia drivers. Last time with the latest (391.01 and early 388.xx drivers). As you mentioned, in those cases restart helps.

For the latter bug, do you mean parts of your car or other cars? Also already in the very beginning of the race? Many cars in in PCARS2 can lose parts and you can see the framework beneath by design. I haven't witnessed parts missing in the beginning of the race, but after the start accidents a plenty. :)

Mad Al
10-03-2018, 10:31
AI in career, what settings you are running them at?.. the recent updates have changed the way aggression works, try around 85 to get plenty of action..

Raklodder
10-03-2018, 10:34
In career mode the cars are almost never take over each other, they are just going after each other. Doesn't give a feeling of a realistic race.
That's pretty much hit or miss and you will have to tweak your AI difficulty accordingly.

Frame rate randomly drops sometimes and the only fix is restarting the game. (I'm using VR all the time)
Would you mind sharing your desktop hardware specifications?

Nationality flags in the multiplayer are not showing the correct nationality of the drivers. Someone else has my nationality next to his name and I get a nationality from the drivers from the same race.
Multiplayer mode is not up-to-date. In the lobby i see the qualify ends in 4 minutes but when i go in the lobby it shows that players are already racing
When joining to a multiplayer host, i can see my previously selected car for like 5 seconds and then it randomly changes (since the lobby has different vehicle type/category). Not once I joined to a host and I thought I'm going to race with the car I see on the right, so I just quickly hit the 'ready/join' button, and after the game loads I realized that I have a completely different car.
in multiplayer cars are sliding in the pit when entering the game.If I'm looking around (still in VR), I can see the cars in the pit but they are not steady, they are sliding on many different directions without having their wheels moving.
in VR, sometimes the back of the cars is missing, for some reason I can see the inside parts of the car, so the exhaust system, sometimes even the engine in some cars.
I can confirm those bugs and asked about the same thing in the general discussion thread.

iamisti
11-03-2018, 12:15
AI in career, what settings you are running them at?.. the recent updates have changed the way aggression works, try around 85 to get plenty of action..

I'm doing 100

Mahjik
11-03-2018, 17:39
For starters, you didn't follow the forum procedure:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51448-MUST-READ-How-to-report-a-problem-or-ask-for-assistance

Second, the Aggression slide prior to Patch 4 didn't have much of an effect on the AI (it was sort of either 0 or 100). Patch 4 changed that behavior so you will need to re-evaluate that setting for your driving. Test the AI using the same level, but do a Quick Race. There are only going to be so many car to car battles until the faster driver is in front. That's how racing works 99% of the time. Once the drivers/cars sort themselves out after the first lap or so, it's a conga line unless there is a mistake or mechanical failure (unless the race is long enough to need or requires a pitstop).