PDA

View Full Version : Minimap

Grimm
12-03-2018, 01:12
Is there a way to make the background on the minimap darker?
Trying to learn the layout of some of the harder tracks like nurburgring, and then I feel it's vital that I see every turn.
But the way it is now, the background is way to bright to see anything at all on some tracks.

Goresh
12-03-2018, 09:47
Turn the map off and just go out on track and run practice laps.

Grimm
12-03-2018, 11:26
Oh Im doing practice laps, belive me:) Even om rain and snow

SCClockDr
12-03-2018, 12:27
@Grimm, I comprehend something a bit different reading Goresh's post. I gathered he was hinting the map (I'll add the turn indicator as well) create distractions when your eye focuses on the map vs the visual picture you are attempting to solidify for each braking point, turn-in point, & exit launch point. If you need to think about where to do stuff you will be late & tentative in your commitment, leading to errors in the diving line. (Crashes)

Long & varied tracks are the most difficult to master as the repeat cycle is far longer and many of the critical points are quite similar.

I honor the courage displayed by drivers IRL that challenge tracks around the world as they have NO reset button available, & the pain is very real.

michaelwerken
12-03-2018, 13:43
Heb je een porsche dlc doe je de porsche lmp1 niet in de dlc en ook maar 1 lay-out van leipzig ontbreekt er een deel van het circuit laguna seca en de groene hel beetje matig van project cars doe het goed of doe het niet!

Bealdor
12-03-2018, 13:47
English only please. Thank you

RoccoTTS
12-03-2018, 14:27
Heb je een porsche dlc doe je de porsche lmp1 niet in de dlc en ook maar 1 lay-out van leipzig ontbreekt er een deel van het circuit laguna seca en de groene hel beetje matig van project cars doe het goed of doe het niet!

This is just a general troll post and it has completely nothing to do with this thread.

ScaredDuck
13-03-2018, 01:54
@Grimm, I comprehend something a bit different reading Goresh's post. I gathered he was hinting the map (I'll add the turn indicator as well) create distractions when your eye focuses on the map vs the visual picture you are attempting to solidify for each braking point, turn-in point, & exit launch point. If you need to think about where to do stuff you will be late & tentative in your commitment, leading to errors in the diving line. (Crashes)

Long & varied tracks are the most difficult to master as the repeat cycle is far longer and many of the critical points are quite similar.

I honor the courage displayed by drivers IRL that challenge tracks around the world as they have NO reset button available, & the pain is very real.

Ive done a decent amount off track days. In UK. And 9 out off 10 times circuits such as brands and silverstone. Will only open their short circuits. For the reason you have explained. Also shorter circuits are easier to marshal a bunch off novices in extremely fast machines.

Op your better off turning the racing line on. Than looking at the map. Just be aware the racing/Driving line aid is just a general guide. It doesn't actually follow the exact racing line. Why i dont know. How can you expect noobs to get better if the aids available to them arnt right

Grimm
13-03-2018, 17:03
I dont like raceline, case that differs so much from a real race with 15 other cars wanting to take the exact same line. I like using the minimap like a some sort of gps. Just to take a peak when I'm not really sure how hard the next turn is. As for the smaler ttacks like brands hatch and such, you can memorise it in a couple of laps. But when it comes to the larger ones like the highway and nurburgring, there is always something I forget

SCClockDr
13-03-2018, 18:26
@Grimm, Make a video of your lap (Not a replay) Go to Share Factory and review the video.
Pause the video when you see the brake indicator & back it up till the brake indicator disappears + 2 to 4 frames more. Now look ahead for two objects at differing distances that are merged or just past merging (Range). This is a great brake point indicator so make a note. BTW the merger can be vertical or horizontal such as a Grandstand edge and distant tree (H) or a street lamp & sign top (V). The best picks are a bit to the side in the direction of your turn-in (Greater rate of change, thus more precise) Avoid stuff that can fall victim to an errant car or be obscured by opponents.
Next advance the video toward the apex looking for a big target to aim at on exit. Try to match it with something closer to gauge your throttle attack for exit. Repeat as necessary. For flat-out bends (You need the Wheel to be visible) When the wheel moves again backup a few frames and look for the best range to use for turn-in.
After you do a few it will become more natural and you will find some on the fly with out making a video.

Goresh
13-03-2018, 23:08
The mini map is not an aid imho. As it has been pointed out, if your looking at the map your not looking at the track. Lapping is the only way to learn a track, but this too is just my opinion.